• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When Genji says his warrior spirit burns
D6tEvwb.png

duckroll

You know what Junkrat is also really useful for? When your team is trying to brute force that last checkpoint in King's Row, and everyone has fallen into a braindead pattern of rushing in to push only to get wiped one by one by the enemy team sitting on the payload at the final turn.

Swap out to a Junkrat, scatter the enemy when they don't expect it in the last 20 seconds, your team suddenly gels together when the first guy rushing in doesn't die automatically, everyone gets on the payload, the enemy tries to make a rush because the timer is running out, kill them one by one, TEAM KILL, ride the payload into VICTORY.

Ketch

So many seem traps are terrible. Pls don't put any of your turrets close enough to each other to all die from one attack. So bad!

xaosslug

You know what Junkrat is also really useful for? When your team is trying to brute force that last checkpoint in King's Row, and everyone has fallen into a braindead pattern of rushing in to push only to get wiped one by one by the enemy team sitting on the payload at the final turn.

Swap out to a Junkrat, scatter the enemy when they don't expect it in the last 20 seconds, your team suddenly gels together when the first guy rushing in doesn't die automatically, everyone gets on the payload, the enemy tries to make a rush because the timer is running out, kill them one by one, TEAM KILL, ride the payload into VICTORY.

this strategy also works in REVERSE as well, also on Hollywood (defence)! :D

Veelk

Banned
I'm surprised bastion and zenyatta don't have any dialogue with each other. You'd think they'd be able to communicate, if anyone.

Anyone else experiencing connection issues with Nepal on PS4? It seems like most matches I've had on it recently have ended with the server closing and moving us over to another map mid-match.

Squire

Banned
HI ANTIWHIPPY :D

oh, it came back up -_-

Post one, see post 2

Tiers don't mean anything when you analyze "oh C" or "oh look a D tier". The lazy answer, because this horse has been beaten to death and back, is that defense heroes are very situational and that there are better choices.

Antiwhippy has the right idea.
No one was saying 'wtf are you doing for playing junkrat' it was much moreso in response to arguments over whether or not junkrat is a good choice, which for many maps, he isn't. You can win with a bad choice. We know. I use reaper in open areas. I used him when he was considered downright trash compared to McCree. This wasn't really what we were talking about, we were just countering talks of defense heroes being viable against good teams.

If you use "but our skill level is lower" as the counter to that then I might as well say run symmetra and bastion because it works in lower ranks. Saying because we're on PS4 doesn't work either, because full top 500 teams will laugh you off the map as they use optimal strategies on you.

TL;DR this has been beaten to death for two weeks on and off and Anne had an amazing explanation as to why half the thread has been saying defense is bad usually and why it is this way. We can endlessly reply that it's working for your group in the 50s-60s, but that's not at all the point of why anyone has been saying the previous statement, and really devalues any discussion on what needs to be balanced.

To be fair, there's probably a better, less curt way to word this particular take than just "Def bracket is useless." If you main Mei or Junker and aren't all that familiar with how high-level players arrived at that conclusion, it's flies to shit at that point.

duckroll

this strategy also works in REVERSE as well, also on Hollywood (defence)! :D

Oooooh yeah! I remember several Hollywood defend matches that went down to the wire, and were turned around by a switch to Junkrat/Soldier/Zenyatta/Zarya when tanks weren't working to hold them back. Suddenly, the final payload zone becomes a corridor of DEATH.

Zeliard

I wouldn't be so sure. Junkrat can burst down heroes pretty damn quick. A direct grenade hit and a quick mine throw can kill any 200hp hero

He can but compare him to someone like McCree who can remove any 200hp hero with just one headshot + one bodyshot (or just the headshot if the target is discorded).

It's not that Junkrat can't punish people, but other heroes can do so more reliably and without spending an ability. If you really need that enemy Zenyatta dead, McCree and Genji are better-equipped to deal with it.

xaosslug

Do the pros play Torb?

if you don't use his turret like a crutch, Torb is an incredible character. It's sad, really. I mean his turret is really an add-on, but peeps see it as all there is to the little guy.

he does 75dmg primary fire ( headshot? w/ no drop off) and 150 alt (shotgun/spread shot), plus he's got 75 extra armor for the entire team (collect scrap).

a good Torb can wreck shop.

if you don't use his turret like a crutch, Torb is an incredible character. It's sad, really. I mean his turret is really an add-on, but peeps see it as all there is to the little guy.

he does 75dmg primary fire ( headshot? w/ no drop off) and 150 alt (shotgun/spread shot), plus he's got 75 extra armor for the entire team (collect scrap).

Yeah, his primary fire is great.

Except that McCree exists.

And his secondary fire is great.

Except that Reaper exists.

duckroll

The thing about Torb is that his best function isn't rushing out and killing people with his weapon like McCree and Reaper. If you want to flank obviously there are way better options. Torb's defensive role is that his turret is both an annoyance AND a bait. Good Torbs will set it up so the turret is annoying enough to need to be taken out, but also seemingly open enough that they try to send a normal hero after it, then while they're eating the turret attack to destroy it, the Torb kills them with his gun. If you bait one, that's the attacking team down one man. If you bait two, that's the attacking team down two men.

xaosslug

Yeah, his primary fire is great.

Except that McCree exists.

And his secondary fire is great.

Except that Reaper exists.

eh, another great thing about Torb is he's so short he forces peeps to retarget vertically (many peeps don't, lol!) because most chars are the same height! xD

Lulubop

Pretty sure the question was if he was used in the pro meta, and not how you feel because despite that he's seemingly only uses on 1 situation.

duckroll

Sneaking up on a team hiding behind Reinhardt shield and putting a pulse bomb on his ass feels pretty damn good. Best I got was a quad kill

How about an entire team sneaking up on a team hiding behind Reinhardt because the attack Sym put a teleporter in an area behind them? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom