• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

maouvin

Isn't that within a month of Halloween? I don't really see Blizzard trying to do two events that close together, especially with how slowly the console updates tend to roll out. That might just be a line he says on the new map which (I think?) takes place in Germany.

Halloween character skins, and wurst-based weapon skins (unlockable with purple points). Problem solved., october best month guaranteed.

I still play as Mercy!

Granted, I've lost every match today that I've played as her, but still!

I still use best girl too! But only on QP (just like Ana). For comp it's tryhard mode and then it's either Lucio or Zen :/

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I still play as Mercy!

Granted, I've lost every match today that I've played as her, but still!

it pisses me off when people suggest I pick lucio over mercy. Lucio is so braindead boring to play as, and his ult is pretty meh in comparison to mercy's res. Plus flying is fun.

Jokab

I truly think lowering my sensitivity is the biggest reason why I've ranked up so much lately. Went from 15 to 7 on a 800dpi mouse and I'm just crushing my rank.

All I want is Captain Americree but every time I see purple it's that God forsaken Genji skin (which looks pretty cool I admit). Once the game gives you one thing it's all you get from that point on.

Got smoked last night by an all tracer team of high level players, my team was for some reason super underleveled, and i was the only one picking winston

Defuser

zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg zomg I finally got the summer england tracer skin!!!!! woooooo!!! Now time to grind for a genji nippon skin.
This Bastion hate is upsetting. So much Omnic prejudice on GAF. :(
Don't worry once that Bastion animated short comes out you will see a rise of bastion players.

Shouta

No one ever suspects the Recon Bastion.

Anyway, I'll get to the posts before I left later. I'm kinda dead from travel and you folks were busy...

I realized something on the plane I'd change for Mei that would help me a lot when I play her. Rather than her Ice Wall appearing from below, I'd like to see it appear left/right across. So rather than a line on the ground you see for her when you use it, you'd see a blue pillar.

This would make it much easier for her to use the wall to separate the enemies from each other from a safe distance. It's one of my favorite things to do when I play her because nothing is satisfying as taking out the tanks and DPS then barreling down on the support like a 10-ton truck.

You'd lose the ability to boost people up to certain places as Mei but tbh, no one uses that all that much. I've only done it for a few Ana players, lol.

maouvin

Don't worry once that Bastion animated short comes out you will see a rise of bastion players.

"Wow his lore is so rich and the movie was so beautifully touching, I must try him!"

btw I've been seeing Genjis in QP that don't know how to deal with Bastion, so I guess him coming back is has a good side.

Cappa

Banned
I'll be getting overwatch tomorrow and playing for the first time.

Are there any websites that explain things well for beginners? Like which are the best characters to use for beginners? Strategy? I have pretty extensive experience with fps but overwatch seems a bit overwhelming so any info going in would be awesome. :) Any tips from anyone here?

Thanks!

Azoor

Are there any websites that explain things well for beginners? Like which are the best characters to use for beginners? Strategy? I have pretty extensive experience with fps but overwatch seems a bit overwhelming so any info going in would be awesome. :) Any tips from anyone here?

Thanks!

This playlist is great for beginners, it's a guide to all the heroes and there are lots of useful videos on this channel as well.

Defuser

"Wow his lore is so rich and the movie was so beautifully touching, I must try him!"

btw I've been seeing Genjis in QP that don't know how to deal with Bastion, so I guess him coming back is has a good side.

Worst, I seen bastion players that keep dying to Genji yet they refused to change out.

LiK

Worst, I seen bastion players that keep dying to Genji yet they refused to change out.

we had a random just a few days ago in KOTH who used Bastion and kept dying and refused to change. kept spamming "Thanks" when we were losing. if you're not contributing, maybe switch to someone else instead of complaining. play whoever you want but if you keep dying over and over then it's not working.

NimbusD

Quick Play: where Bastion is a totally legitimate pick.

I can't stand when my team can't get it together to fucking take out a bastion. God help us all if there's a rein in front of it. Nothing is more frustrating than repeatedly asking people to make the bastion first priority and watch them ignore you and run right into a stream of bastion bullets over and over.

Most recent game had people actually pay attentions, but then no one would pay attention to flanks and the bastion would immediately flank and take us out from behind over and over. I honestly should have switched off healer to something that could take care of that I would have been more help than healing a bunch of dead people.

So I've been thinking about this, and I really think that to help Symmetra become viable, they need to change her teleporter.

Give it a 3 teleport limit but let her charge another Ult while the first one is out. Placing a new teleporter removes the previous one of course.

Symmetra suffers from the whole sin wave thing. When she's on, or when her teleporter is active, she's amazing. But when she's off, and it's not, she's hardly a contribution.

So instead of making her crazy important or crazy worthless, Blizzard should decrease the size of those peaks and valleys. The above is my suggestion to do so.

LiK

So I've been thinking about this, and I really think that to help Symmetra become viable, they need to change her teleporter.

Give it a 3 teleport limit but let her charge another Ult while the first one is out. Placing a new teleporter removes the previous one of course.

Symmetra suffers from the whole sin wave thing. When she's on, or when her teleporter is active, she's amazing. But when she's off, and it's not, she's hardly a contribution.

So instead of making her crazy important or crazy worthless, Blizzard should decrease the size of those peaks and valleys. The above is my suggestion to do so.

hey, you left 5 seconds before that group invited us last night. :p

Defuser

I can't stand when my team can't get it together to fucking take out a bastion. God help us all if there's a rein in front of it. Nothing is more frustrating than repeatedly asking people to make the bastion first priority and watch them ignore you and run right into a stream of bastion bullets over and over.

Most recent game had people actually pay attentions, but then no one would pay attention to flanks and the bastion would immediately flank and take us out from behind over and over. I honestly should have switched off healer to something that could take care of that I would have been more help than healing a bunch of dead people.

The mentality = Somebody will take out bastion for me.

Now applied that mentality to 5 random teammates.

MGrant

Got locked down on Hanamura by a Reinhardt/Bastion combo defending the first gate. We had everything we needed to handle it, but no one would take down Rein's shield. Just shoot it! It's not infinite!

LiK

Got locked down on Hanamura by a Reinhardt/Bastion combo defending the first gate. We had everything we needed to handle it, but no one would take down Rein's shield. Just shoot it! It's not infinite!

Junkrat, Pharah and Soldier and just go ham on the shields and take it down. or even better, use Symm on Attack just to get fuck with them.

There is such a huge difference playing with a full 6 man compared to being down a few. Played 2 matches last night with the full group and won pretty handily in both of them. Played 3 more with only 4 in the group and lost all of them. I don't know what it is, but people seem to work together much better when you're in a full group.

Also, got career best across all heroes of 53 elims so that was nice. Maybe I'm getting better?

LiK

There is such a huge difference playing with a full 6 man compared to being down a few. Played 2 matches last night with the full group and won pretty handily in both of them. Played 3 more with only 4 in the group and lost all of them. I don't know what it is, but people seem to work together much better when you're in a full group.

Also, got career best across all heroes of 53 elims so that was nice. Maybe I'm getting better?

the only issue with playing in a full group is getting matched with another full group who might be better coordinated or play better and it's quite a challenge. i sorta prefer 2-3 man groups on most days since it's less stress.

brian!

Thanks!

Try this: https://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/

Has a nice angelfire vibe to boot

the only issue with playing in a full group is getting matched with another full group who might be better coordinated or play better and it's quite a challenge. i sorta prefer 2-3 man groups on most days since it's less stress.

Yeah, just kills me when the randoms take tank or healer slots and then proceed to get wrecked. Besides, in the mid 40s a full 6 man isn't all that coordinated! My favorite matches are the really close ones anyways (other than sudden death)

LiK

Yeah, just kills me when the randoms take tank or healer slots and then proceed to get wrecked. Besides, in the mid 40s a full 6 man isn't all that coordinated! My favorite matches are the really close ones anyways (other than sudden death)

it's scary in high 60's and low 70's against full groups sometimes. got a few Top 500 guys last night who basically carried their team who were non-top 500. there was one Tracer who wrecked our entire team. we all voted for him cuz he was too good. lol. never seen that in any Comp game before. I even started switching to Winston and Zarya to try and counter that Tracer but that guy was just all over the place. I've had less issues with good Genjis.

hey, you left 5 seconds before that group invited us last night. :p

Yeah sorry about that.

I had a killer headache last night and I was trying to use the game as a distraction. So sitting at the title screen was making it like 10 times worse. I only played 1 more QP game and went to bed anyway. Last night was kind of rough for me.

That, and that game we lost on Hanamura last night... I went up in rank from that loss...

Like, when we started that match, I was like 353 of the top 500. When we lost, I was 332.

Also, I went up from rank 75 to rank 76.

Anyone want to take a stab at explaining that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom