• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flankers can go where the action isn't so they pretty much have all the non-contested health packs to themselves. I wish "fuck off" was on the dialog wheel

Blues1990

lol nah, i only got to try out one person last night before i went to bed and that was super late. He did really well too. Ill add you tonightif i havent added you already, as well as a few others i missed yesterday.

Don't forget me. I'm still down if you're looking for a Zenyatta.

Ramirez

The guy directed Rise of Iron is the one direct House of Wolves and House of Wolves Crucible meta was one of the best experiences ever. So I hope RoI will take some cues from HoW. TTK crucible meta is one of the worst experiences I ever had.

The director of the PVE game doesn't direct the Crucible. Like, Luke isn't the reason PVP was shit in TTK, for example, lol.

I miss Overwatch! Had to go out of town for my sons Dr appointment, and school started today for him. Hopefully I can get some games in tonight.

KarmaCow

the best healing request is from Roadhog, guys.

I dunno, the Roadhog might be offering up free ult charge. Ana can get a ton of her ult just from healing up a Roadhog.

A junkrat wouldn't bother me too much. What I hate is a tracer or genji calling for healing. Go find a fucking medpack!

Or ANYONE calling for it when I'm Lucio. Just stand where you can see me motherfucker.

I have to imagine that's it's people accidentally hitting x. I've done it by mistake so many times I've just unbound it. The alternative is just too frustrating to accept.

Palmer_v1

I dunno, the Roadhog might be offering up free ult charge. Ana can get a ton of her ult just from healing up a Roadhog.

I have to imagine that's it's people accidentally hitting x. I've done it by mistake so many times I've just unbound it. The alternative is just too frustrating to accept.

I didn't even realize it had it's own keybind. I'll have to unbind it myself.

When does the season end again?

I haven't been able to play at all in about a week. Can't complain, had a killer trip, but I really want to push through a few more ranks.

Anyone grouping on PS4 tonight? Small groups, ideally, since they seem to be easier to coordinate and turn out well.

Might be able to get our super trio up and running again tonight if payoff is around :p

That feeling when you win a KOTH match as the underdog after losing a teammate one round in, performing so well as a 5 man pug that someone on the other team rage quits during the final round with 10% left, you move up a rank, then your Zenny sends you a message saying you "where doing a amazing job as reaper".

Feels SO damn GOOD. Almost makes up for those shitty losing streaks and dumb teammates...almost.

brian!

Yeah i hit it by accident sometimes and instantly feel bad lol

zoukka

I don't see any correlation with my statistics per match to rank being gained from that match. It seems completely random.

Also in my last match I circled around and pushed a fully charged/hp zarya to the Ilios well with Dva. Felt like a monster.

Grisby

I've decided to try out Tracer for the first time, & she's surprisingly fun to play. Even when I accidentally fall off the map, I can hit the rewind button & return to where I once was.

Probably the highlight was getting a multi kill, a la placing that bomb on Bastion's back & it killed it, Reinhardt, Ana, & Mercy.
She is a blast. I feel so slow now whenever I don't choose her (well except with Lucio).

Jellie

A junkrat wouldn't bother me too much. What I hate is a tracer or genji calling for healing. Go find a fucking medpack!

Or ANYONE calling for it when I'm Lucio. Just stand where you can see me motherfucker.
When you amp it up so they just manage to survive the fight and spam they need healing when it's on cooldown still.

When does the season end again?

I haven't been able to play at all in about a week. Can't complain, had a killer trip, but I really want to push through a few more ranks.

Anyone grouping on PS4 tonight? Small groups, ideally, since they seem to be easier to coordinate and turn out well.

Ends the 17th.

Moonkeis

Has there been any talks of open lobbies for custom games? It would be awesome to just have random lobbies with different sets of rules to mess around on.

Blues1990

She is a blast. I feel so slow now whenever I don't choose her (well except with Lucio).

I'm so used to moving around with Zarya, Zenyatta, and Lucio, it's weird to move at lightning quick speeds as Tracer. But like you said, she's a blast to play.

No wonder she's the games official mascot.

Blues1990

:D

MiZkL22.jpg

Well, I finally got all the skins that I want for the characters that I play as.

Defuser

My god somebody put me out of my fucking misery. I got a teammate who uses hanzo and another who troll the team with bastion on attack. Why are these people in comp, I will never reach rank 50 if I soloq. Somebody fucking kill me.

How can these people be so high yet still don't know what heroes does best or not or even the meta?

Literally the only thing I want from these boxes is the American McCree skin (and I don't even play McCree!), but given that I'm at level 67, the boxes are coming too slow for that to happen. The only good thing I've gotten out of this even so far is the Junkrat Shotput highlight, which (admittedly) is awesome.

LiK

i think i'm happy with the GAF groups i've been playing with lately from here. you guys are always positive and never place blame on anyone for not doing well. even when we lose, it's a good time. and it doesn't hurt that most of you are really good. a positive attitude is so important especially in Comp.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is violation i dont want to experience ever.

https://twitter.com/alaze9/status/763646251871051776?s=09

Wasting an ult for one McCree, what u doing D.VA.

i think i'm happy with the GAF groups i've been playing with lately from here. you guys are always positive and never place blame on anyone for not doing well. even when we lose, it's a good time. and it doesn't hurt that most of you are really good. a positive attitude is so important especially in Comp.

Oh shut up and get your ass on the payload ;P

I'd love to play in GAF groups but I'm shy and I feel like I would be a liability to most, since I'm not all that great (I was placed at rating 40, which is pretty damn low <_<).
I played with Raider once, and he hasn't played with me since then haha. ... ... ... ;_;

I really wish they would have some kind of lock on or confirm for Ana's ult.

I know I've put it on the wrong person a few times and last night when playing with friends our Ana missed and boosted me, the Lucio, instead of the tank I was standing beside lmao

Yea, I realize I am likely not the best ( I am jack of all trades master of none when it comes to this game), but every time I play with guys we end up having a good time and I have been winning a lot with you all.

I really wish they would have some kind of lock on or confirm for Ana's ult.

I know I've put it on the wrong person a few times and last night when playing with friends our Ana missed and boosted me, the Lucio, instead of the tank I was standing beside lmao

Today I was playing on Numbani attack as D.Va, and I ulted to clear out most of the baggage on the point, and suddenly "YOU'RE POWERED UP, GET IN THERE" and I was like "I'm Zero Suit D.Va, Ana, what am I supposed to do! By the time I crawl in my mech the boost is over. ;-;", so I pew pew'd at the Roadhog who was left on the point with my nanoboosted Zero Suit pea shooter and called down the mecha just before it was done so I wouldn't die to him.

I'm not even sure if anybody else was near me, because I think I was the only person there and I think Ana just used her ult the moment she had it on the nearest person - which was me in that case.

Kito

I fucking hate playing Reinhardt, but I still choose him if I see a random pick Ana. Well, not anymore, as of today.

For the tenth time I get zero grenades/heals the whole game and they sit in the mountain acting like a Widow/dps. I'm at the point where I'm sick of 99% of the Ana playerbase and want to shut my PC as soon as I see one.

LiK

I fucking hate playing Reinhardt, but I still choose him if I see a random pick Ana. Well, not anymore, as of today.

For the tenth time I get zero grenades/heals the whole game and they sit in the mountain acting like a Widow/dps. I'm at the point where I'm sick of 99% of the Ana playerbase and want to shut my PC as soon as I see one.

we had a random who picked Ana for the entire game and he was bad. healing was bad and he kept Nanoboosting random dudes in our team including me (i'm a Junkrat). he was only good putting enemies to sleep when they Ult or try to flank. but i have yet to see a capable Ana in my Comp games. i almost feel like they're trolling us.

Laputa_94

Won three matches in ranked in a row than was paired with a team who sought best to play with three snipers at all times and lost 3/4 rank...

I was playing Ana a few times the past few days and I generally do a decent job at keeping people I can see topped up, but I'm awful with hitting the sleep dart (tho I landed a few clutch ones before), and nobody eeeeeeever coordinates with me.
I tell the Genji I have my ult, he has his ult, Genji runs away and swords someone on the other side of the map.
I tell the tank I have my ult, they have their ult, they run away and don't let me boost them to push.

Seriously, the only people I reliably can nanoboost are D.Vas or Hanzos. Everyone else just runs away from me.

Got 93% kill participation on Lijang. Think that might be my highest in a game where members of the other team didn't quit. It was with Reaper so it wasn't too difficult tbh.

Also, got 14 self destruct kills on Volskaya earlier. No crazy play, but consistent. 4 triple, 1 double.

Today I was playing on Numbani attack as D.Va, and I ulted to clear out most of the baggage on the point, and suddenly "YOU'RE POWERED UP, GET IN THERE" and I was like "I'm Zero Suit D.Va, Ana, what am I supposed to do! By the time I crawl in my mech the boost is over. ;-;", so I pew pew'd at the Roadhog who was left on the point with my nanoboosted Zero Suit pea shooter and called down the mecha just before it was done so I wouldn't die to him.

I'm not even sure if anybody else was near me, because I think I was the only person there and I think Ana just used her ult the moment she had it on the nearest person - which was me in that case.
Omg lmao

I've seen worse tho, I've been boosted as both mechless-about-to-call-mech DVa and literally-pressing-ult DVa before. Such a mess tbh :p

POTG as D.Va on Lijang Tower, 22 elims 0 deaths. Leveled up and got a loot box. Inside was Lucio's Hippity Hop skin. Aww. Yiss. I play so much better as D.Va on PC than PS4 it's not even funny.

Beckx

i think my ana play is boosted by how overall awful i am. i don't think i'm good enough to snipe the enemy so i chuck healing nades and shoot team members. i pick up damage opportunistically. in the end though i've kind of decided that i would contribute more as another character.

nanoboosting the tank or dps only to have them not dive into the fray feels bad, though.

maouvin

Meanwhile, whenever I play Ana I focus on healing because allies are easier to hit &#9488;(&#65507;&#12540;&#65507;)&#9484;
I even forget about the sleep dart. But I'll get there.

i think my ana play is boosted by how overall awful i am. i don't think i'm good enough to snipe the enemy so i chuck healing nades and shoot team members. i pick up damage opportunistically.

*brofist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom