• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

POTG as D.Va on Lijang Tower, 22 elims 0 deaths. Leveled up and got a loot box. Inside was Lucio's Hippity Hop skin. Aww. Yiss. I play so much better as D.Va on PC than PS4 it's not even funny.

what's the difference? aiming with D.Va doesn't seem to need to be super precise.

brian!

I imagine hs rate increases and flying is more responsive (you can fly like a total spazz on pc since the turns are pretty instant, good for bming over the payload while you win)

Meanwhile, whenever I play Ana I focus on healing because allies are easier to hit ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
I even forget about the sleep dart. But I'll get there.

*brofist*

This Ana put me to sleep and then emoted earlier lol Got her down to one shot when I got up, but then she nanoboosted Rein while I was reloading and yeah...

finalflame

what's the difference? aiming with D.Va doesn't seem to need to be super precise.

Tracking with D.Va is crucial, as you wanna be up in people's faces if you're going to make any impact whatsoever with your cannons and at close range people are spazzing all over the place to avoid you.

D.Va plays really, really well with M+KB.

brian!

Lets b real tho, im on pc and im just jumping around like a lunatic outside of the mech spamming shots, i might as well be using a controller

KiraFA37

I was playing Ana a few times the past few days and I generally do a decent job at keeping people I can see topped up, but I'm awful with hitting the sleep dart (tho I landed a few clutch ones before), and nobody eeeeeeever coordinates with me.
I tell the Genji I have my ult, he has his ult, Genji runs away and swords someone on the other side of the map.
I tell the tank I have my ult, they have their ult, they run away and don't let me boost them to push.

Seriously, the only people I reliably can nanoboost are D.Vas or Hanzos. Everyone else just runs away from me.

Have Anna ult? Playing solo? Just target the nearest tank and watch. If they are somewhat good they'll go on the offensive, a Reinhardt with nanoboost is scary.

LiK

Have Anna ult? Playing solo? Just target the nearest tank and watch. If they are somewhat good they'll go on the offensive, a Reinhardt with nanoboost is scary.

i saved a clip where i killed a Nanoboosted Rein as Junkrat. so many grenades while running away, lol

I imagine hs rate increases and flying is more responsive (you can fly like a total spazz on pc since the turns are pretty instant, good for bming over the payload while you win)

I also assume he has more accuracy with Zero Suit D.Va.

Pretty much what they said. M+Kb feel really good for me compared to a controller. Maybe it helps that I got her summer skin as well. Makes me feel stronger, lol.

Beckx

This Ana put me to sleep and then emoted earlier lol Got her down to one shot when I got up, but then she nanoboosted Rein while I was reloading and yeah...

the problem with sleeping someone is what to do for the next 5 seconds if no one is around to finish the kill, since shooting would wake them immediately. i guess emoting is one way to solve that lol

i'm lousy with the sleep dart, except for ulting Pharahs. JUSTICE RAINS FROzzzzZZzzZZZzzz

For some reason nobody ever picks Reinhardt when I pick Ana. Don't ask me why.
And yes, I always try to nanoboost the tanks or Genji/Reaper if they have their ults available.

I was playing on Hollywood attack and nanoboosted a Roadhog and also healed him to near top (at which point I tried to heal someone else) and he stopped dead in his tracks behind cover to heal up the like 50 health he had left over. By that time the boost wore off. -.-

This week's meta report backs up basically everything I said yesterday, but it also comes with a nice chart. https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-08-11-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-don-t-panic

Ana slightly has been increasing in usage as well. Interesting.

Anne

This week's meta report backs up basically everything I said yesterday, but it also comes with a nice chart. https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-08-11-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-don-t-panic

1kefH6WJFBv.png

Laputa_94

I really hate the highs and lows this game has where you can be doing great then before you know it your losing every match and can do nothing about it.

LuffyZoro

Recently I got a pentakill with D.Va's ult. It was at the final point on Volskya, a Roadhog acidentally hooked the mech that I had mortered in and pulled it directly into the middle of their group.

Gurrry

Nothing like getting 2 games in a row with a team mate pairing with a 22 mmr and then the very next game having a person who only plays Hanzo and nothing else.

This game man.

Anne

Full groups get us matched up with insane high ranked dudes.

I think most people have found that having 2-3 people in a group right now is the best way to have a good chance at winning while also dodging any super groups for the most part.

AngryMoth

Anyone on ps4 (EU) wanna group up? Right now I'm playing about 50% Zen, 25% DVa and 25% Genji. No mic right now although I am thinking of getting one for this game

LiK

I think most people have found that having 2-3 people in a group right now is the best way to have a good chance at winning while also dodging any super groups for the most part.

Lesson learned. We found it comical with the high 70's and Top 500 groups we got matched up against. At least we barely lost any XP. I also liked seeing their strats. A Top 500 guy was playing as Symm.

xaosslug

instead of potentially nerfing Zenny's discord, they should just let you be able to remove it with a health pack or something.

KiraFA37

Woot got my first olympic skin! Its the tricolore for widow a character I never play. I hope the Dva one drops for me before the event ends.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
instead of potentially nerfing Zenny's discord, they should just let you be able to remove it with a health pack or something.

It already disappears after you dip behind a wall. What difference would it make that it disappears when you get a health pack if he can just reapply it again as soon as you are in LOS.

Anne

Zen can be nerfed (discord), but Lucio will always be played. How would you nerf him without completely killing his tool kit?

Alter speedboost. I've said it many times before, I'll say it again. Speeboost giving 30% passive and 110% amped is too much. Reduce that by a wide margin and see what happens. If it does somehow make him unplayable (I doubt that it will) then we can better understand how to work with his tools. His speedboost has never been touched so we don't know enough about how he works without it being stupid strong.

xaosslug

It already disappears after you dip behind a wall. What difference would it make that it disappears when you get a health pack if he can just reapply it again as soon as you are in LOS.

but the problem with it, imo, is that unless you are Zarya peeps feel helpless/useless when it happens, if a universal way to remove it became available I think peeps would be able to deal better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom