• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to think most of these leavers have to do with server issues. Every time I have leavers there is a massive lag spike before it happens. These servers are honestly pretty bad. They were much better at launch. My last game of the night had leavers after what I just described. Oh well, the little bit I got was enough to get me to 62. My rank and w/l just keeps getting higher every day.

Is this easy mode?

Only a week late, but here's the GAF v GAF match from competitive mode last weekend: https://youtu.be/A6PpJubqkrQ
I added some text commentary which was a laborious process in share factory I probably won't repeat again. I apologize that my gameplay isn't that entertaining or good. I was playing Lucio more out of need than skill.

Tip of the hat to Luffy who ran a 30 killstreak train on me and my teammates as Reinhardt on offense. Fucker got low so many times but never bit the dust. Credit to their Mercy for keeping him alive.

Credit to my team who under stopwatch rules would have won outright. Fuckin' Blizzard.

I still need to upload that second match we had. Probably the best Reinhardt game I've ever played.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I some how managed to solo my way to 70 today. Game was giving my group some very unfair matches though, so I called it early out of frustration. A group of mid 50s and one 70 shouldn't be getting consecutive games against entire groups of 70s, lol.

Nice! Have you been sticking to Zarya for solo?

I'm too afraid to try solo queuing competitive but a 2 or 3 stack should be okay. Haven't been on the last few days too much but I'll be on more soon.

Only a week late, but here's the GAF v GAF match from competitive mode last weekend: https://youtu.be/A6PpJubqkrQ
I added some text commentary which was a laborious process in share factory I probably won't repeat again. I apologize that my gameplay isn't that entertaining or good. I was playing Lucio more out of need than skill.

Tip of the hat to Luffy who ran a 30 killstreak train on me and my teammates as Reinhardt on offense. Fucker got low so many times but never bit the dust. Credit to their Mercy for keeping him alive.

Credit to my team who under stopwatch rules would have won outright. Fuckin' Blizzard.

It's interesting to see how consoles and pc gameplay differs. Also that lucio not jumping around every second was disorientating.
And I feel like their mercy was not dying enough, lots of missed opportunity to kill her really, but I can't say for sure cause not spectator vision.

ISOM

Just had what felt like an hour long rank match on Volskaya Industries. Blizzard has to do something about shortening the time on these.

hesido

This probably has been mentioned but the latest patch introduced bugs to an almost flawless game (which was nice to see at launch) - PS4 version here

I think the cosmetic or whatever else additions for the competitive mode of the game (score announcement etc.) may have tipped the game over the edge, the kill cam now has a hefty stream delay which causes a blank screen and then black textures for a while and even when it does load it sometimes misses the actual elimination.

Also, in rounded matches, sometimes your statistics get stuck.

In my brothers PS4, the kill cam issue was remedied to some extent with a clean install on a new Hard disk (still 5200rpm), we don't know if it's the clean install or the new harddisk that helped this...

On my 7200rpm hard disk, after the patch, I'm getting the kill cam issue.

Somewhat sad to see they screwed this patch, the game was fast responding and bug free for the most part, especially interface. Now there are hiccups here and there and these bugs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This probably has been mentioned but the latest patch introduced bugs to an almost flawless game (which was nice to see at launch) - PS4 version here

I think the cosmetic or whatever else additions for the competitive mode of the game (score announcement etc.) may have tipped the game over the edge, the kill cam now has a hefty stream delay which causes a blank screen and then black textures for a while and even when it does load it sometimes misses the actual elimination.

Also, in rounded matches, sometimes your statistics get stuck.

In my brothers PS4, the kill cam issue was remedied to some extent with a clean install on a new Hard disk (still 5200rpm), we don't know if it's the clean install or the new harddisk that helped this...

On my 7200rpm hard disk, after the patch, I'm getting the kill cam issue.

Somewhat sad to see they screwed this patch, the game was fast responding and bug free for the most part, especially interface. Now there are hiccups here and there and these bugs.

Yeah, I've been seeing this a lot. Black screen kill cams, the game seemingly stalling out when you try to open a loot box, and the hero select screen fps seems messed up.

Danj

Thanks to Reinhardt's recommendation I have indeed now heard Night Rocker.

It has words I can hear and understand and that mostly make sense, which immediately elevates it over and above 90% of modern pop music.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Apparently i should play roadhog all the time, because I'm at 80% + wr with him even though i feel like i haven't played him that amazingly.

Oni Jazar

I feel so embarrassed. Played a competitive match - Numbani - PS4. first round (defend) got stomped, then next round someone on the other team leaves! Then another! Naturally we stomped them second round. Coin flip - we attack. They held us back with two torbs and two bastions. You get no time on that coin flip mode.

Ferga

Level 26 just playing nothing but Mei on attack at the temple of anubis.

Literally does nothing but shoot icicles at reinhardt shield for the entire round behind the initial gate to point A.

Zemm

Just came across this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Livestream...ou_saying_the_n_word_and_dropping_off/d51mxnw

1. I had no idea aim-botting had been a thing for so long in OW and 2. how the hell isn't he banned yet from competing?

Also, did anything ever come out of this? I assume not since I saw him playing with pros the other day.

The guy is a mess, dunno why anyone even watches him when he has some of the most blatant aimbot videos I've seen outside of playing on a TF2 server when John Rambo himself came on and blew everyone up within about 3 seconds. Overwatch is like a haven for people banned from other games for cheating or match fixing, game is a joke competitive wise.

Hyun Sai

The guy is a mess, dunno why anyone even watches him when he has some of the most blatant aimbot videos I've seen outside of playing on a TF2 server when John Rambo himself came on and blew everyone up within about 3 seconds. Overwatch is like a haven for people banned from other games for cheating or match fixing, game is a joke competitive wise.

Well, seems like they so desperately want this to be an Esport success everybody gets a pass ?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's interesting to see how consoles and pc gameplay differs. Also that lucio not jumping around every second was disorientating.
And I feel like their mercy was not dying enough, lots of missed opportunity to kill her really, but I can't say for sure cause not spectator vision.

Yeah, it's always weird to see lucios not jumping and wall-riding like an asshole. :p

Blues1990

Thanks to Reinhardt's recommendation I have indeed now heard Night Rocker.

It has words I can hear and understand and that mostly make sense, which immediately elevates it over and above 90% of modern pop music.
Makes me wonder why Lucio feels indifferent towards Hasselhoff, as the instrumental music for that album is pretty solid. Same goes with the song 'True Survivour'.

Ayumi

I feel so embarrassed. Played a competitive match - Numbani - PS4. first round (defend) got stomped, then next round someone on the other team leaves! Then another! Naturally we stomped them second round. Coin flip - we attack. They held us back with two torbs and two bastions. You get no time on that coin flip mode.
Can't hate on them if they managed win!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm 60th percentile on PS4 and 38 on PC. I swear the solo queue is much worse on PC. I've had so many wtf games, where the entire team scatters and chases people outside of the objective, rage quitters, whiners, people who demand others change, but they refuse to change themselves. It a complete clusterfuck on PC. Pretty sure I could hit 70th percentile on PS4, but I'm not sure I have patience to push up through the 40s with PC's terrible solo queue teams.

Prelude.

It's kinda funny how basically 90% of the people I find with a mic don't actually speak english. (EU servers)
Like, what's the point?

shiba5

I some how managed to solo my way to 70 today. Game was giving my group some very unfair matches though, so I called it early out of frustration. A group of mid 50s and one 70 shouldn't be getting consecutive games against entire groups of 70s, lol.

That was depressing. Matchmaking was abysmal last night.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Widow is an odd champion, when I do 5-6 man shes great because you can coordinate on a pick, but in solo q absolutely no joy at all, she seems too slow and people very rarely collapse on a 5v6, at least in the 50's elo rankings. Shame because shes really fun but I do believe she needs a team in most cases.

The same thing happened to me last night except I was on the winning side. Team comp was 2 Torbs, Mercy and Pharah on the last round.

Kamion

Now counting 14 comp matches on PS4 in a row with people on our team leaving.

I'm so unlucky, I'm just gonna stop playing comp for now, lost 10 ranks :/ I always think "one more, this streak has gotta stop sometime" but it never does lol

X-Frame

The amount of times I join into a game that ends 5 seconds later in defeat is too damn high.

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of reports that players progress are being reset on PS4. People losing currency, level ranks, Competitive ranks, unlocks -- wow. That is insane.

abundant

What's kind of frustrating when playing Competitive; no matter who I group up with (can be players in the high 40s/low 50s or players in the mid to high 50s/low 60s) Numbani continues to be the one map we always struggle with. It's maddening really. Back in Quick Play, Numbani never gave us much trouble, but in Competitive, we can't even capture the point almost every time we play it.

Kito

I love it when I'm trying to melt a tank as Sym and realise Mercy is right there, and jump her instead. It's scary how you can walk right past them and kill their healer...

What's kind of frustrating when playing Competitive; no matter who I group up with (can be players in the high 40s/low 50s or players in the mid to high 50s/low 60s) Numbani continues to be the one map we always struggle with. It's maddening really. Back in Quick Play, Numbani never gave us much trouble, but in Competitive, we can't even capture the point almost every time we play it.

It could be that QP has more people fighting off the point and overextending than in Comp.

That level, more than most, punishes the Defense that pressed too hard.

abundant

It could be that QP has more people fighting off the point and overextending than in Comp.

That level, more than most, punishes the Defense that pressed too hard.

It's just weird. None of the other maps gives my groups much trouble.

BTW, going back to the Mercy debate, how'd you like my Mercy play last night?

It's just weird. None of the other maps gives my groups much trouble.

BTW, going back to the Mercy debate, how'd you like my Mercy play last night?

I thought it was on point. Mixing buffs and heals, numerous rezzes.

We had some solid games but my headset died. I felt like I couldn't contribute fully in comp without being able to do callouts.

Skii

I've been busy so I haven't played overwatch recently? What's happening in the competitive mode? Has it finally solved the frustration of filthy casuals not moving the payload?

Gator86

I've been busy so I haven't played overwatch recently? What's happening in the competitive mode? Has it finally solved the frustration of filthy casuals not moving the payload?

No, everyone is still terrible, just slightly less so or terrible in a different way.

Danj

They're basically not going to fix it until next season I believe. The biggest tweak is that enemy team leavers will no longer affect the skill calculation (and hence the rank you earn when you beat them).

when you join mid game on king's row on attack and you think you couldn't even get point A. you switch to lucio. heal your team and get point A. the other team just fell apart. or stopped caring because they didn't bother contesting the payload.

abundant

Just hit with a weird/potentially nasty bug. When I started up my game, my Ranking was gone and it told me that I had to play my placement games again. I reset the game and my Ranking was back.

Zemm

Two Winstons on the team "hey guys I had gold damage what's up?". Oh I dunno, maybe the fucking Widowmaker and Genji destroying our team that you have completely ignored even though you're the both the best class to deal with them.

Some people are just fucking useless, stop looking at the stats and think about playing your role maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom