• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
So ive observed that this game is straight up different on the weekends

The leavers in competitive have skyrocketed

I dont understand that actually, you figured the ragequitters were kids but if the number increases during the weekend... Does that mean your average 9-5 guy is the culprit.

lol we were attacking on King's row won it but then we get to defend.. this dude on the team gets mad and sits in the back as hanzo because he doesn't want to mess up his KDA because no one wants to tank??

but the whole team itself is dumb. got one guy saying he was on the payload the whole time contesting. head turned so hard when he said that.

i was Lucio btw. and this is comp too.

Satch

Banned
I dont understand that actually, you figured the ragequitters were kids but if the number increases during the weekend... Does that mean your average 9-5 guy is the culprit.
It doesnt even make sense

During the week i only play in the evenings when all the 9-5 guys are playing and its fine...

Ramirez

I'll never understand how two people get to almost 70 in rank and decide to stick to Symmetra and Hanzo for 4 rounds of KOTH.

Satch

Banned
Win a game, enemy leaves, get barely anything
About to win final round of koth "the server closed due to an unexpected error" BLIZZAAAAAARD

xaosslug

got my first POTG as Symm on Numbani, today. xD

i was in a match on Volskya earlier where the offence took point A super-quickly, but we stopped them from taking point B... and when we switched sides 2 players on the other team quit. It was annoying, hilarious, and WTF all rolled into one. smh

Matchmaking on Xbox One is pretty garbage. I've just started and I'm level 10 playing against people who are level 50-150. How is this fun? It's also super slow. Usually 1-2 minutes to find a game.

Bollocks

so I just got matchmaked with 4 50+ (as high as 80) players while the other team had players in the 1 - 30 range and we got absolutely steamrolled. was I just unlucky or is this the game's way to say fuck you?
defend and we have 2 hanzos, ooook, teammate stands in line of fire, I heal him, does he move out of the line of fire? nope, he instead walks towards it, he's dead.
some of the worst teammates I've ever played with.

Grisby

Welp that's that. Got to quit tonight. Played 4 comp matchs and won 1 I think. Last match we could have had a comeback buuuuttttt heyyyyyy 1 guy leaves and the team is completely crippled.

Couldn't help myself, and played some solo queue competitive tonight. Finally won two straight matches after a run of about 8-10 losses... and didn't even go up a rank. Even when I succeed, I realize that competitive is probably not for me. Oh well, got to boost my ego by running roughshod over some poor fools in the brawl; my Symmetra is a killer when there's no tanks to take her out.

Everyone complains about Zarya now for some reason.

Not my fault you keep shooting my bubble and haven't realized it's not like Winston's shield

Schools out so why would the number of kids increase on weekends?

So eventually the quitters will be all alone playing against each other at some point right?

Pretty lame that the winning team gets such a huge knock even when playing for a long time and have had the match sewn up before the quitting.

Only a week late, but here's the GAF v GAF match from competitive mode last weekend: https://youtu.be/A6PpJubqkrQ
I added some text commentary which was a laborious process in share factory I probably won't repeat again. I apologize that my gameplay isn't that entertaining or good. I was playing Lucio more out of need than skill.

Tip of the hat to Luffy who ran a 30 killstreak train on me and my teammates as Reinhardt on offense. Fucker got low so many times but never bit the dust. Credit to their Mercy for keeping him alive.

Credit to my team who under stopwatch rules would have won outright. Fuckin' Blizzard.

Jiraiza

Jeez, I wish people would at least attempt to communicate when they decide to play Competitive Mode; worse than leavers and obnoxious kids, to be honest.

ohkay

Had 2 games in a row where my team stomped them in the first round and someone on their team leaves, so when I should've gone up like 1 whole rank, I barely moved up

M.J. Doja

Banned
Everyone complains about Zarya now for some reason.

Not my fault you keep shooting my bubble and haven't realized it's not like Winston's shield

As reaper I sort of just shoot through the shield in 3 shots and usually can kill the Zarya with the rest of the clip.

When I fail to secure the kill, I feel pretty bad for giving her an easy 50% and she comes back ripping my team a new asshole.

As reaper I sort of just shoot through the shield in 3 shots and usually can kill the Zarya with the rest of the clip.

When I fail to secure the kill, I feel pretty bad for giving her an easy 50% and she comes back ripping my team a new asshole.

If you can kill the Zarya after doing that, then the enemy team is doing a pretty bad job. Her main job as a tank is being the focus so her teammates don't die and can get rid of the problem (also, dispensing shields for teammates in danger and making sweet combos)

I've been playing a lot of Zarya in comp solo queue since it's usually easier to advance with not so good teams, but she really needs teammates looking out for her when there's a Reaper.
It's pretty sad when people go like "you are a tank, why didn't you kill the Reaper before he got you?"

It's really easier just to wait out the bubble as reaper.

Bastion can chew through her shield and her all day.
Yeah, the only reason to just shoot her shield with anything other than Bastion is if she has very low health and that you are confident you will kill her, otherwise just wait it out, then kill her.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I see mercy and lucio are top picks in pro matches. Haven't watched much but didn't see a Zen at all.

I only play Zen. Rip my overwatch career.

I see mercy and lucio are top picks in pro matches. Haven't watched much but didn't see a Zen at all.

I only play Zen. Rip my overwatch career.

A good Zenyatta can destroy defenses. Well timed ults are incredibly annoying when the enemy team has been saving theirs for a last ditch attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom