• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I've gotten so many quad quint wombo combos but none of them have been potg. Feels bad man.

Have they retweak the zarya potg combos so they get lower priority?

Rokam

Playing as Winston never gets old. Crushing Widowmakers, doubly so.

Gorilla warfare is my jam.

Can't forget Pharahs! I jumped at one last night and dropped a shield in front of him in the air just hoping he'd damage himself... he then proceed to Ulti and kill himself instantly. I'm sad no one saw it.

when you don't want to be a lit lucio but you are and then there's a Reaper constantly coming at you and no one tries to stop him from killing me. #RIP

slowly making rank progress. glad we just won on Gibraltar. knew we could since when held the points. gave me a good amount for rank. just one more game to level up (y)

LiK

32 eliminations as Symm in Lijiang. I will always use her in that map from now on unless my team is doing bad. She's too good in that map.

Can't forget Pharahs! I jumped at one last night and dropped a shield in front of him in the air just hoping he'd damage himself... he then proceed to Ulti and kill himself instantly. I'm sad no one saw it.

Oh, that's good. I've never really thought of leveraging the self-damage like that.

...Also, uh, I've killed myself with Pharah's ult more often than I care to admit.

Mostly though, I feel like Winston is my only option when there's a Widow shutting down my team. Even the best can't stand up to him and it basically makes her a wasted slot, for the most part.

Ramirez

I some how managed to solo my way to 70 today. Game was giving my group some very unfair matches though, so I called it early out of frustration. A group of mid 50s and one 70 shouldn't be getting consecutive games against entire groups of 70s, lol.

Grisby

Blocking a pulse bomb with my ice wall as Mei is probably the most satisfying thing in the planet. I'll hear those Tracer death cries for as long as I live.

Blocking a pulse bomb with my ice wall as Mei is probably the most satisfying thing in the planet. I'll hear those Tracer death cries for as long as I live.

Just imagine if Mei's self-freeze locked the pulse bomb (if attached to her) in there with her, frozen. It would be glorious.

Laputa_94

I some how managed to solo my way to 70 today. Game was giving my group some very unfair matches though, so I called it early out of frustration. A group of mid 50s and one 70 shouldn't be getting consecutive games against entire groups of 70s, lol.

I also assume they took into account of our two koth hill matches where we did really well on as well.

Antiwhippy

Holy crap.

pUuORWG.jpg

I've never had such a huge jump before.

Was playing as mercy too.

Jiraiza

Dropping down to 52 and then back to 53, ad infinitum. The scrub grind is real. Praying for things to finally click, so I can carry myself out of there.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Had a guy shit talk me for playing Mei, that's when I knew I was doing well in that game. Thank you mad guy for validating my Mei.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Mmm yeah, if I see a zarya I always make sure there's a second tank. Or really only go zarya if there's another tank with me. (she pairs really well with reaper too though because he's always in the thick of things plus a longer surviving reaper = more dead people)

This is the proper way of thinking. I main Zarya and it blows my mind when we have a tank, I pick Zarya and that person switches to another hero. Zarya isn't really a tank per se (just like Zenyatta isn't really a healer). She needs another, stronger tank.

Double Zarya, when played by good people is super hard to counter since you have four barriers going around across six players. Played a match or two with GAF that did this and we slaughtered the opposition.

I'll never understand how two people get to almost 70 in rank and decide to stick to Symmetra and Hanzo for 4 rounds of KOTH.

I hate it a lot whenever I see someone pick Tracer, Genji or Hanzo for KOTH matches since they rarely help cap the objective. Most of the time, they dart around distracting enemies -- and that's if they're good. Mind, a bad Pharah player is added dead weight too since she mostly sticks to the air and doesn't help. However, I've played with Pharah's that knew what to do in KOTH.

I'd guess that the win shares of heroes like Tracer are low for KOTH.

I still say that me getting a loss because my team had two leavers is complete and total bullshit.

EDIT: Now we have three leavers. Why bother?

I agree. I have 3-4 losses in Competitive due to this. Odder thing here is, we were winning! And these people leave for some reason. I think some of them were invited by their "real squads," which left us high and dry. So inconsiderate.

Blizz should implement something that will help non-quitters either stick it out, or quit without their rank affected. Why penalize the legit players for the sins of another asshat?

Even GAF groups have been unpleasant tonight. Had to leave because of all the whining about characters being OP.

I've played with a few GAF people that were outright annoying to play with. Either they complain too much, or just selfish pricks. I played with someone that used the "I just want to have fun, bruh!" line which usually means "I don't give two shits whether we win or lose, wanna be l33t and kIllz mobs." Mind, these are the same people who'll pick an offense hero even if there's already 3-4 of them in the team.

I've mained healers and tanks now due to EVERYONE wanting to be Reaper, Genji, etc. When I get the chance to play as an offense hero, I'm kinda super happy since that means we have at least one healer, and two tanks (attacking). Rarely -- if ever -- happens though.

Having said that, I got the most kills so far (40+ and 50+) with Zarya and Lucio, so it kinda balances itself out.

nelchaar

This comp play set up is atrocious. You only really get punished, and rarely rewarded. When you lose, you are deducted tons of points. When you're winning, someone on the other team leaves thereby letting you only get scraps for points.

Ergo, you are never making up the difference and moving forward. Always losing. Amazing, what a shit system.

Antiwhippy

This comp play set up is atrocious. You only really get punished, and rarely rewarded. When you lose, you are deducted tons of points. When you're winning, someone on the other team leaves thereby letting you only get scraps for points.

Ergo, you are never making up the difference and moving forward. Always losing. Amazing, what a shit system.

Holy crap.

I've never had such a huge jump before.

Was playing as mercy too.

Eh, hard to tell sometimes.

XenoRaven

Are Overbuff rankings no longer updating? On PS4...stats work fine, but not rank.
A few days ago Master Overwatch had a notice that PS4 stats weren't being updated properly anymore and that they were looking into another solution. I don't remember the details and I'm not sure if it's related, but it sounds like it might be.

Just came across this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Livestream...ou_saying_the_n_word_and_dropping_off/d51mxnw

1. I had no idea aim-botting had been a thing for so long in OW and 2. how the hell isn't he banned yet from competing?

Also, did anything ever come out of this? I assume not since I saw him playing with pros the other day.

Hackusations in fps are a dime a dozen and people don't normally credit them unless they were caught red handed and banned from the game and competition by the devs. Observer and replay tools don't capture the full game data so it is hard to use it as evidence.

Lethal

Neo Member
Ive finally put a few hours into this game. It's so much fun, even just quick matches. I've only kind of played Reinhart and Mercy.

My attempt at an offensive character ended prematurely when I picked a Bastion. Got wrekt.

Also, Ive had a bunch of random crashes that seem to be common? At least Google makes them seem common...

spiritfox

In a year's time Blizzard will buff Hanzo to become the most OP character ever.

Also Bastion ain't a good offensive character unless you know what you're doing, and even then there are better options. He's in defense for a reason.

LiK

Played against a full team of Winstons in Dorado. I was the only Bastion but I kept them at bay. They all switched to Soldier and I switched to Junkrat and also destroyed them. Counter picking the shit outta stackers. That was hilarious.

LiK

Did the soldiers run away from you?

They were running around trying to keep the payload moving. There was also a Lucio but he wasn't a huge problem for me. we ended up pushing it from the end point all the way to the last checkpoint. saved the clip of the match cuz that was too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom