• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I'm more of a fan of him getting his fan damage back but he can't fan immediately after roll just so that it allows him to kill characters like reaper straight out but not melt tanks like he was doing.

Yes, FTH cooldown was the answer, not nerfing his damage. The balance on console sucks ass since his nerf, TBH.

Zemm

Is there hero limit on the beyondthesummit stream?

Yep

Code7 are smashing cloud9 currently. I really want to like this Code7 team but two of their players have been banned from CSGO for cheating so fuck'em
1x

Blu(e)

Please no more wallhack or aimbot abilities
It currently fits since the only characters in the game that gives vison are the games labled snipers.

Honestly I just want something more of the support label than " here's another way I can heal you" character.

Satch

Banned
Yep

Code7 are smashing cloud9 currently. I really want to like this Code7 team but two of their players have been banned from CSGO for cheating so fuck'em
1x
Lmao, its crazy to think about how much of the overwatch scene is made up of people that couldnt make it in CS for whatever reason. i already think less of competitive overwatch because of stuff like that

That Steel guy from Splyce was banned from all Valve csgo events for matchfixing and now hes here in overwatch LUL

Zemm

Lmao, its crazy to think about how much of the overwatch scene is made up of people that couldnt make it in CS for whatever reason. i already think less of competitive overwatch because of stuff like that

That Steel guy from Splyce was banned from all Valve csgo events for matchfixing and now hes here in overwatch LUL

So was AZK on Liquid. I just can't take the competitive scene seriously in this game.

It currently fits since the only characters in the game currently that gives vison are the games labled snipers.

Honestly I just want something more of the support label than " here's another way I can heal you" class.

I definitely agree with the latter part of you post but I'd prefer something that isn't a wallhack/aimbot type thing. Something like health link or anything along those lines would be better. Maybe something that nullifies an ultimate through the use of an AOE spell, so it can remove all buffs /debuffs.

Zemm

That... sounds op as fuck honestly.

well it was an idea I thought up on the spot, I'd hope Blizzard were better at balancing but we've seen what they can do!

For Sombra I just want something that is completely different to what other classes can do, and is strong enough to possibly replace Mercy or Lucio on some maps with good sight lines or whatever.

Same happened to me a few days ago

It was like Widow, hanzo and like 2 genji

"....n.nah man"
Then the very next match we went 5 reapers and 1 Lucio, and I was the only one willing to switch, even though they had a Mei and a Pharah and zero tanks for us to easily kill. Why the cheese comps? Why me?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
well it was an idea I thought up on the spot, I'd hope Blizzard were better at balancing but we've seen what they can do!

For Sombra I just want something that is completely different to what other classes can do, and is strong enough to possibly replace Mercy or Lucio on some maps with good sight lines or whatever.

I still seriously hope for my fantasy support character whose main mechanic is aerial support. Not fly like pharrah or DVA, more like gliding, so you can't control it as well but can cover distances better.

I just want more characters that can fly man.

Sapientas

Logged in today on PS4 and found out I lost about 10 levels (not skill ranks), most of my gold and all of my competitive points.
I even have the "Reach level 50" trophy but I'm now level 44.

Apparently it's an issue on PS4 and the Battle.net forums have a few threads about it but nothing so far.

LiK

Gawd, why did someone in my team choose characters he's doesn't main in ranked. He even chose Zen, What a bad loss.

It currently fits since the only characters in the game currently that gives vison are the games labled snipers.

Honestly I just want something more of the support label than " here's another way I can heal you" character.

What if one of Sombra's cool down abilities is a "tracker" of sorts, where she snipes the enemy and that particular enemy shows up for everyone on the map, so it's like a limited wallhack - while Hanzo's is AOE, hers keeps track of a specific target.

I feel like her healing is gonna be an AOE - something similar to Soldier 76's but she can shoot it long range instead of dropping it right where she stands.

I still seriously hope for my fantasy support character whose main mechanic is aerial support. Not fly like pharrah or DVA, more like gliding, so you can't control it as well but can cover distances better.

I just want more characters that can fly man.

We already have Zenyatta.

Kevyt

I gotta say that as far as competitive mode on PC goes, even at lower ranks (30-35 teams), some of them are really good and coordinated as other higher level teams that I have seen.

19K heals with lucio on gibraltar. it only works when i can use my team as meatshields lol. when they spread out. RIP
one more game and i rank up. gotta call it a night on comp just so i don't lose progress lol. made a couple of friends because of skulls.

LiK

Got so many Play of the Matches in ranked today and absolutely destroyed people. I feel pretty confident about my skills now as long as I play with a good group. So I'll be on this week and looking for invites. Just don't boss me around and force me to use party chat. I won enough to know I don't need to speak, lol

Playing ranked on XBO, my team rank 57ish, we get two or three wins in a row. We then start going against teams with rank 70+. WTF is this shite?!? Get destroyed, but on the upside we only lose very little in rank.

LiK

Playing ranked on XBO, my team rank 57ish, we get two or three wins in a row. We then start going against teams with rank 70+. WTF is this shite?!? Get destroyed, but on the upside we only lose very little in rank.

This happened to my group once. It fucking blows.

Just got the Path is Closed trophy playing against a Symmetra on Ilios. I killed two teleporters on the first point, then a McCree on my team killed a teleporter on the second point so I was crossing my fingers the match would last long enough for her to get another teleporter down, and as soon as I heard the "They've got a teleporter!" I went after it like a heat seeking missile. Phew, glad I can finally scratch that one off the list.

There are few things in this game that feel as good as catching multiple flanker wanna-bes in traps. You get the trap alert, right-click, 100 fire. Suck it, Tracer. Pay more attention next time. :D

Antiwhippy

On the flipside destroying junk's stupid setups and tire with direct rocket hits feels so good.

I actually kind of wish people won't go junk on KotH. On higher levels people know how to not fall for his schtick and I'd prefer more direct DPS honestly.

Ferga

My team and I got destroyed by a 78% hook accuracy Hog on King's row

He just kept hooking our pharah and mercy to oblivion. Guy was insane at hooking mid air champs.

Voice comms were filled with groans and moans for most of the match.

My team and I got destroyed by a 78% hook accuracy Hog on King's row

He just kept hooking our pharah and mercy to oblivion. Guy was insane at hooking mid air champs.

Voice comms were filled with groans and moans for most of the match.

Life is pain. So is death.

Antiwhippy

And the shit thing is, that the roadhog probably did all sorts of damage but the voting cards still only show his hook accuracy. :p

Blu(e)

What if one of Sombra's cool down abilities is a "tracker" of sorts, where she snipes the enemy and that particular enemy shows up for everyone on the map, so it's like a limited wallhack - while Hanzo's is AOE, hers keeps track of a specific target.

I feel like her healing is gonna be an AOE - something similar to Soldier 76's but she can shoot it long range instead of dropping it right where she stands.
Since the rumor is that she works for Talon and being a baddy they can do the opposite of giving vision and have a cool down that removes/impairs vision.

At this point I'm just fantasizing super hard because I want some new content. My highest winrate are supports but man do I not have fun playing them. Zenyatta is glimpse of a more aggressive support role I would be interested in but he's just not there.

LiK

I think leaver XP is fixed on PS4. Some enemy team dude left right before match ended and we still got our full XP as winning team in ranked.

When are they going to do something about Zarya's survivability?

Zarya's fine, she just is a character that is very dependent on the rest of her team sticking with her. Whenever I'm getting shot up as her and my personal barrier is on cooldown, my first instinct is to look behind me, find a teammate, and stick a barrier on them and hide behind them. If you're lucky, you've got a team that sticks with you and knows that this means, "Draw their fire while my barrier recharges!" When you're unlucky, like I was in a match tonight, you look behind you and realize that everyone else is either respawning or off in skirmishes away from the point. And then you die.

Had a special kind of pain tonight: had a teammate pick Torbjorn on a KotH match, he was absolutely terrible even in the context of "Torbjorn on KotH," and his user name was in Korean, so me and the rest of the team complaining about his uselessness were probably not even understood. It's a miracle we actually managed to go 1-2 on that one.

Damm whats going on with the matchmaking, I was paired with 37s and 44s against 47s and 50s, Had another where we were 44s and 47 against 37s and 42s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom