• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

That 6 rounds we played on Anubis showed me that the Time Bank method isn't the way to go. Matches go way too long.

Yea, I've had a couple of those that go 3 rounds and then Sudden Death. Losing those are truly mood killers, lol. If 2 teams go 3 full rounds and a SD, obviously they were pretty damn even, so to give one of them a massive XP loss is crazy to me.

Blizzard

Banned
Not only is leaver XP still broken, and Roadhog hook still broken pulling people in random spots, but Roadhog ult is apparently STILL broken.

I was ulting at a high angle today and about to kill an enemy near the roof -- then bam, the ult jumped to 100% vertical, causing me to miss the remaining shots.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How I read when I have Gold Elims/Multiple Medals: Wow! I'm doing great!

How pub randoms read when they have Gold Elims/Multiple Medals: Wow! My team is complete shit!

Blizzard

Banned
How I read when I have Gold Elims/Multiple Medals: Wow! I'm doing great!

How pub randoms read when they have Gold Elims/Multiple Medals: Wow! My team is complete shit!
If I have gold eliminations and it's 2 eliminations, 5 minutes into a map, chances are my team isn't good.

I feel like most games I win I only have bronze or so. If I have 3+ golds, chances are I'm losing.

eek5

That 6 rounds we played on Anubis showed me that the Time Bank method isn't the way to go. Matches go way too long.

My problem with the time bank is that any time under 2 min gets bumped to 2 min. It's stupid. If you run out 9.5 min of their 10 mins they should have 30 seconds to try to cap A or they should lose, not be gifted 1.5 min to try. It gives them a chance they don't deserve. Or if you're going to bump them up 1.5 then give 1.5min to the other team as well.

IbukiLordSA

Overwatch GAF please explain to me the thought process of Blizzard when they implemented this, or is there a link explaining this because it makes no sense at all to me.

I was playing in a competitive match with a friend of mine, grouped up with 4 other randoms on Valskya, we won on attack and then went into defense and lost which ended up being a tie so we went to sudden death on attack. Before we even started the 4 players on our team quit, firstly wtf and secondly it was now 2 vs 6. The game said that we could leave within a minute and then eventually said we can leave without penalty but we would take the loss. Anyway we decided if we going to take a loss anyway we might as well just play. Friend distracted them and I flew around the side to capture the point, however we only managed to get half the point as 2 vs 6 was just too much and we lost.

Anyway after the match our rank bar went down by almost half, a bit annoying but we would have lost the match anyway even if we quit. However the BS comes in on the next match, we win the match however 1 person on their team quits like 20 seconds before the end so it was 6 vs 5 anyway we win this match but out rank meter barely even moves up. So I love over half a meter for playing in a 2 vs 6 match but gain basically nothing in a 6 vs 5 match. WTF is this BS?

If there is a reasoning behind this I would love to know as I recorded this and am thinking of submitting to Blizzard to ask them the reasoning behind this.

FoxSpirit

Because your rank is an ELO, so if you win against a very equally ranked team it only goes up a but but a loss against a worse team will cost a lot.
This isn't LoL or Hearthstone where your rank is strongly dependant on game time.

A lot of peole got ranked too high in placement so the slog down is not so fun. I hope my own fall will soon stop.

eek5

Overwatch GAF please explain to me the thought process of Blizzard when they implemented this, or is there a link explaining this because it makes no sense at all to me.

I was playing in a competitive match with a friend of mine, grouped up with 4 other randoms on Valskya, we won on attack and then went into defense and lost which ended up being a tie so we went to sudden death on attack. Before we even started the 4 players on our team quit, firstly wtf and secondly it was now 2 vs 6. The game said that we could leave within a minute and then eventually said we can leave without penalty but we would take the loss. Anyway we decided if we going to take a loss anyway we might as well just play. Friend distracted them and I flew around the side to capture the point, however we only managed to get half the point as 2 vs 6 was just too much and we lost.

Anyway after the match our rank bar went down by almost half, a bit annoying but we would have lost the match anyway even if we quit. However the BS comes in on the next match, we win the match however 1 person on their team quits like 20 seconds before the end so it was 6 vs 5 anyway we win this match but out rank meter barely even moves up. So I love over half a meter for playing in a 2 vs 6 match but gain basically nothing in a 6 vs 5 match. WTF is this BS?

If there is a reasoning behind this I would love to know as I recorded this and am thinking of submitting to Blizzard to ask them the reasoning behind this.
It's a "bug" that they tried to patch but failed to do so in all instances. Should eventually get fixed.

Last weekend felt like I travelled back into the past. Most of the games I played had 8 of the 12 players be Widowmakers, Hanzos and Reapers. I had hoped that public Quick Play matches had moved on from this.

I also feel like Tracer and Lucio are #1 and #2 on 'most certainly likely to land beside you or behind you on a roadhog hook'
From my experiences, I think it happens when people are jumping when you hook onto them. A good Lucio being a jumpy mofo makes him indeed an annoying target for Roadhog. I seem to sling more Junkrats past me than Tracers though.

Veelk

Banned
Even though I had a string of losses just now, I'm not so mad because they earned it for the most part. Except the team that set that loss streak off, which was just a team of torbjorns.

Remember, if you want to broadcast to the world how inadequate you are in the bedroom unless there a dead dog and a picture of Hitler to help maintain your arousal, stack a team of torbjorns.

mxgt

Banned
Have Blizzard commented at all on Support characters getting less skill points in Comp compared to others?

shit is ridiculous.

Hyun Sai

Just so a post on the Blizzard forum I found interesting.

When people will start to have a golden gun for a character, I suppose they will buy it for their favorite / main / most played.

Will this influence their decision to switch in game and stay with that character for everyone to see ?

mxgt

Banned
Like do they actually though? Because i had a mercy game where i basically jumped a whole level.

I played two games last night with a friend as Mercy and got less XP both times (both wins). Quite a bit less actually. I was 56, he was 58

I just don't understand. Do we know what the point gain is based on, should it just be flat for everyone based on win or loss?

NeoRaider

Terror from Behind: Tracer edition. Seriously, a good Tracer can be such a Terror.

So true. And i am becoming that Tracer. lol
But last few days i prefer Hanzo for some reason. He wasn't interesting to me at all, but not anymore. I am learning him and he is amazing hero.

Pooya

roadhog is the most broken buggy pos thing in this game, can they ever fix it? I'm not sure anymore. at least cut 50 from his hp so that he can't bs his way through just about anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like Zarya ulting then me ulting as Roadhog on the enemy team and killing them then Mercy tries to fly in and go for her rez, hook her

Not today bitch. Not today.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
roadhog is the most broken buggy pos thing in this game, can they ever fix it? I'm not sure anymore. at least cut 50 from his hp so that he can't bs his way through just about anything.

They already nerfed him by making both his hook and ult buggy as fuck m

Zemm

yeah playing roadhog can be incredibly frustrating with all the hook inconsistency. You can hook a small/medium sized hero and they land perfectly infront of you and you kill them, then the next time they end up crouched or lower down somehow so your shot goes over the top, like what? How is that even a thing? That's not even counting the amount of people that get hooked that end up behind you or to the side, or the people you've hooked who bounce off a step and end up miles away, and so on. The hook is a piece of shit but it goes both ways.

Beartruck

Competitive continues to go well for me. I climbed from 54 to 56 yesterday in only a couple of rounds. I haven't seen any match quitters in the 50's. I guess the higher rank plus the time the mode's been out have clued people in to stop match-quitting. PS4 version so YMMV.

LiK

Pharah mirror match is so damn frustrating. We just ended up missing each other until someone sinks to the ground and hope we can take them out that way. Really sucked that no one in my group last night played Soldier to take them out. I was literally one of the top players who was consistently taking out the enemy players in Comp as I was raining justice. I can't do everything.

LiK

Nah pharrah sky battle are a lot of fun, especially when you land direct hits. So satisfying.

Yea, but it takes away from focusing on the enemy team on ground. It's a distraction more than anything. And no, it's not fun. We were just constantly flying around each other for a few rematches until I decided to just quit focusing on her and going after the ground guys again. She eventually gave up too. I guess we both hated trying to kill each other, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom