• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still use lucios blast to try and deflect rockets and bombs. thanks TF2

Oh man, if that was possible I'd be Lucio all day every day.

Got 11 votes and play of the game after a great match as Reaper the other night /feelsgood

I just know the last vote was a self vote. Though I can't complain I guess since I did vote for myself haha.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Good stuff. Sleep tight Reap tight.

Do you play with Mic muted / off? I'm almost at the point where I want to do that...

Love how that other reaper couldn't even hold a candle to you as well.

Ok, starting to understand Reaper, now I just need to lose some matches trying to make Genji fucking work and I can finally play all offense characters

In terms of offense, I've given up on both Genji and McCree - I just plain suck with them. I'm still only okay with Pharah and Reaper, I'm much better as Soldier and Tracer for their respective roles in an offensive capacity.

On the other hand, I can play pretty much every Defense character well, and I'm great with all Tanks/Supports as well except my aggressive Reknhardt skills are lacking. Defensive Reinhardt I can do, though.

It's just the DPS category that I'm bad at in this game (and basically why I never played COD or anything similar). I'm much better at being that annoying side character that distracts and disrupts a team's focus so the actual good offense people can come in and shut them down.

So I got one kill with my shotguns, shot someone once before ult'ing, got 3 kills with the Ult, and then killed one more person with my shotguns before reloading. The game apparently gives you Waste Not Want Not for this, if anybody is still trying to get the Reaper achievement. I have no idea how the counting worked out.

Moonkeis

I picked up the PC version over the weekend (been on PS4) and I'm already dealing with annoying players leveled in their 80s trying to give horrible advice. We were steam rolled in the first place because the so called "veteran" 80s stood in front of their spawn.

Veelk

Banned
D.Va can swallow that shit with her defense matrix. Worst feeling when you waste that Ult.
Really? I main D.Va and I had no idea. I thought she just ate bullets. Does she eat Winston's gun and Mei's hairdryer too? Does she literally eat every kind of assault?

Hmmmm...

Then how does she eat Mei's ult?

Unless it was a glitch, I threw the little robot at D.Va's face and my ultimate didn't come out (she still yelled out her ultimate phrase) and my ult percentage went down to 1%

She does not block the short range freezer gun, she might be able to stop her alt fire (I never use that on D.Va close range).

Veelk

Banned
Because her ult is initially a projectile (her little robot) before it activates.

Same with Zarya's and Hanzo's ult. Swallow the initial projectile and the full effect doesn't activate.

I see.... But as someone else said, it's nearly impossible to actually purposely counter. The start up time on Mei's thing is lightning fast. I might coincidentally make it if I already have the DM up or turn it on to counter something else, but I don't see myself being able to actually plan for it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see.... But as someone else said, it's nearly impossible to actually purposely counter. The start up time on Mei's thing is lightning fast. I might coincidentally make it if I already have the DM up or turn it on to counter something else, but I don't see myself being able to actually plan for it.

It's super easy to escape. If you're on the edge of it you can walk out of it before being frozen. I use mei, zarya and rein a lot and zarya and rein can easily wipe out whole teams with their ult more often than mei can.

Trickster

Lol, listening to friends whine about competitive ranking system being shit at matchmaking. No shit, that's the obvious outcome when the system matchmakes based on a 1-100 number where 99% of the players are between 40 and 60. H

Loaded the game up today:

Game 1: Joined with 1 minute left, lose; then get stomped
Game 2: Stomped on Ilios. Hanzo main didn't switch and never used his ult.
Game 3: Joined with 30 seconds left, lose.

Fuck this.

Veelk

Banned
It's super easy to escape. If you're on the edge of it you can walk out of it before being frozen. I use mei, zarya and rein a lot and zarya and rein can easily wipe out whole teams with their ult more often than mei can.

That's not what I would call easy to escape. You can get out of any ult if your only only on the edge of its effects. I agree that it's not grossly overpowered, but there's little way of shutting it down unlike some other ults.

when you defending the payload on king's row with lucious and you just circle around the payload trying to contest and the other team doesn't know what to do. good players would have killed me because the roadhog hooked me but never killed. they had a d.va and zarya as well. the only time i fell off because s76 ulted me and couldn't hide in time.

Lucio Highlight: https://youtu.be/M2SpTsJrFCg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's not what I would call easy to escape. You can get out of any ult if your only only on the edge of its effects. I agree that it's not grossly overpowered, but there's little way of shutting it down unlike some other ults.

I mean, a lot of ults are hard to shut down. It's kind of the point. And her ult is more easy to avoid than others.

Lol, listening to friends whine about competitive ranking system being shit at matchmaking. No shit, that's the obvious outcome when the system matchmakes based on a 1-100 number where 99% of the players are between 40 and 60. H
Most players are nowhere near 50-60 lol

80% of the playerbase is below 45.

Trickster

Luckily, I said 40 to 60. And regardless of that, the system is still fucking crap. Everyone except that absolute top tier players are gonna stay within a super narrow spectrum, whether that is in the range of 20, 30 or 40 points doesn't matter. You're still putting millions of players into an extremely narrow margin. There is simply no way that isn't gonna be a mess

Chance

tfw you 1v1 a tracer as mercy and win

I'll see your Tracer and raise you a Mercy.

https://gfycat.com/ImprobableRealEyelashpitviper

In fairness, that Tracer was out of blinks/recall, and when blink popped she burned it by backing into a box. Also in fairness, Mercy made it very easy - I like to think she was standing there agape, laughing at her buddy - but I feel bad for the Genji that couldn't kill me. You were so close, Genji! So close!

Battle Angel!

mercy007.png

KillGore

Man, fuck the Reinhardt shield + Torbjorn Turret combo. It's a legit strategy for sure, but it's like every match I'm in everyone is trying it (competitive, PS4)

I'm sitting at 45, guess I can feel kind of good about that, I guess?

Oh. But is that of all the people who play, or only those who sign into Master Overwatch?

Oh my gosh, TIL: Reinhardt can charge through portals

https://twitter.com/overwatchtxt/status/752608186239164418

I guess I've never been presented with a reason to charge through right at spawn.

Yeah, the one and only time I did it on Hanamura to get to Def. point A, our Symmetra angled it so I ended up charging off the cliff.

Never again.

Veelk

Banned
I mean, a lot of ults are hard to shut down. It's kind of the point. And her ult is more easy to avoid than others.

That hasn't been my experience. There are multiple ways to shut down, say, reaper, even if you're late on realizing he's using his ult. I've turned around as D.Va and DMed him pretty often. Mei can put up a wall, Reinhardt has his shield, people can shoot him down beforerun he gets off much damage, etc. I've probably been killed less than half the times that McCree used his ult on me. Between just being able to run and hide, I usually play D.VA, so she has high health so he takes a while to lock in, and if he does, I can DM him, and if I can't, I still survive on foot. And D.Va's ult is especially weak, which makes me sad because she's my favorite. It's useful against new players who don't know what their doing and very specific situations. But Reinhardt can take not only protect himself, but his entire team with his shield without much issue, Mei's wall can negate it, and failing that, you can hide behind anything. It's pretty embarassing when your enemy can survive a megaton explosion by hiding behind a signpost.

With Mei...you can only hope that you're outside enough to get away. You can counter her with Genji's reflect or D.Va's DM, but that's chance and you can't plan for it because it happens so fast. I've only very rarely been able to turn things around while she's using her ult. Usually, the most I can hope for is to survive it, but she's insanely tough to take down. the Ult heals her, she's usually freezing me with her hairdryer while the little robot is doing it's thing, and even if I get her on the ropes, she can ice cacoon up. So I can sometimes survive Mei, but I never have a "oh, I see what your doing there" moment like I do with many other characters where I can actually counter their moves.

Ultimates are...well, ultimate attacks, so they should be powerful and difficult to stop. But they're not on the same level at all I feel. And combine that with Mei's cockroach like survivability, I find her difficult to counter effectively. I'm not saying she's broken, because she's obviously not powerful enough to ruin the game or anything. But she might be the hardest character to actually kill. A hefty 250 HP, able to create a barrier, able to armor lock, able to has weapons that inhibit capacity to defend yourself, and an ult that's basically only survivable, not really counterable. I only ever feel safe engaging her as a sniper, because she's slow and doesn't have much in the way of long distance (though even then, her icicle gun can get you if you're not careful)...and that's difficult for me because being Widow or Hanzo requires good aim, and I only occasionally have that.

AngryMoth

Got the game a couple of days ago. Had chance to play around with everyone a bit now and been having the most fun with Mei and Lucio. Think I was doing best if 76 but he's so boring....

What is the best counter for Reinheart's shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom