• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfatal

FFS just had a 20 min attack and defend the point in rank and on sudden death a player leaves on both side making it 5 on 5 our team mate leaving first. we get the win and get absolutely nothing in skill rating.. the fuck what a waste of time.. sigh when the hell is this going to be fixed for console any idea? Just killed my mood to play the game.

abundant

Got the game a couple of days ago. Had chance to play around with everyone a bit now and been having the most fun with Mei and Lucio. Think I was doing best if 76 but he's so boring....

What is the best counter for Reinheart's shield?

Bastion in turret mode. Melts through the shield in no time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Still hoping for a character that has skills to specifically deal with barriers and shields, like an EMP of some sort

Invoker.png

mayatomr_romance.gif

Ertai

Fuck Hanzo and his fucking scattershot to the ground killing me as Tracer. Blink around him and he kills me instantly. When he panics he just starts jumping and spamming arrows until he hits me with one and i die leaving him low HP.

Fuck Hanzo on console

I'm mildly shocked that even in the higher 50's in competitive people struggle with taking out turrets and generally switching characters to counter characters.

mxgt

Banned
Fuck Hanzo and his fucking scattershot to the ground killing me as Tracer. Blink around him and he kills me instantly. When he panics he just starts jumping and spamming arrows until he hits me with one and i die leaving him low HP.

Fuck Hanzo on console

Fuck Hanzo on all platforms.

Piece of shit hero that desperately needs his bullshit hitboxes fixed. I also hate the kind of players he attracts.

MG310

Two disconnects on my own team before the first objective fell on Hollywood. Nice.

We managed to hold it with 3 until there was 10 seconds left :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Fuck Hanzo on console

Anything that kills tracer and her stupid face is a good thing.

Pooya

that feeling when you solo wipe out their entire team on their spawn but your team is still keeping their distance for some reason and not going on the goddamn point, zero awareness in pubs, zero.

Kuro

Bruv, pls. Just played Zarya in competitive for the first time and got 15 streak. She's mean as fuck. Helps that I was in great team though.

Thats what I mean. She's too invincible especially with a pocket medic and a decent team. Feels like you need the whole team to focus on taking her out first.

Nimby

Banned
Thats what I mean. She's too invincible especially with a pocket medic and a decent team. Feels like you need the whole team to focus on taking her out first.

Reaper can do the job by himself. Get Zarya away from the team, wait for her bubble to run out and go ham.

EDIT: Also Roadhog. Hook Zarya away from her teammates.

grendelrt

Reaper can do the job by himself. Get Zarya away from the team, wait for her bubble to run out and go ham.

EDIT: Also Roadhog. Hook Zarya away from her teammates.

Yup I play her a lot, if a tank killer gets you after your bubble drops you are toast. She is realllllly slow.

Son Of D

After today I've learned that I don't like fighting Mei. At all. To the point where I punch the corpse if they annoy me too much.

Apathy

First match of the day and I'm already upset. If someone leaves a game and the payload in less than 30 meters from the end DON'T FUCKING QUEUE INTO IT. Fuck is it that hard blizzard, Let the team that's going to lose take it, someone coming in at the "defeat screen" isn't doing shit to the outcome of the game.

Prelude.

that feeling when you solo wipe out their entire team on their spawn but your team is still keeping their distance for some reason and not going on the goddamn point, zero awareness in pubs, zero.
Killing people on their spawn is pointless, btw. If you kill them, you make them lose 10 seconds, if they kill you, you're gonna have to run all the way back, losing a significant amount of time. It's not really worth exposing yourself that much when you gain almost nothing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FFS just had a 20 min attack and defend the point in rank and on sudden death a player leaves on both side making it 5 on 5 our team mate leaving first. we get the win and get absolutely nothing in skill rating.. the fuck what a waste of time.. sigh when the hell is this going to be fixed for console any idea? Just killed my mood to play the game.
Who knows at this point, they're now saying there's no bug right now and it's working as intended which is ridiculous.

CM said:
Hey all,

Apologies for not getting to back to this thread sooner. Here’s an update/recap:

On Thursday, we made a change to Competitive Play so that if a player leaves during match, it will no longer affect how Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match. That same day, we started investigating reports claiming that the change didn’t seem to be live yet, and that players were still “trolling” winning teams by leaving. On Friday, we confirmed there was a bug preventing the change from going live and implemented a fix later that night. Since then, we’ve been monitoring Competitive Play matches with leavers (including ones reported in this thread) to ensure our change is working as intended.

At this time, we can confirm that the change is live and has been working correctly since last Friday night. While leavers previously had an impact on how Skill Rating was adjusted, they don’t anymore (and haven’t for a few days).

There are other factors that still have an impact on Skill Rating, though. Things like your team’s probability of success, your individual performance, and win/loss streaks can all affect how your Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match. These factors are there for a reason (to help make Skill Rating as accurate as possible), but we know that it’s not always clear right now why your Skill Rating is adjusted the way it is.

That's a concern for us, because we not only want Skill Rating to be accurate, but also for it to make sense. The fact that it doesn't is good feedback for us, and seeing how we can make Skill Rating feel better is definitely something we’ll be keeping in mind as we look at ways to improve Competitive Play for future seasons.

With that said, while a lot of the complaints in this thread seem to be a result of that lack of clarity rather than any existing bugs in the system, we're still keeping an eye on your reports. This is something that's important to us, too, so we'll continue to monitor our systems for any ongoing issues.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745646508?page=11#post-207

Pooya

Killing people on their spawn is pointless, btw. If you kill them, you make them lose 10 seconds, if they kill you, you're gonna have to run all the way back, losing a significant amount of time. It's not really worth exposing yourself that much when you gain almost nothing.

you have to stand on the point to win in an assault map, more people fills the bar faster, that spawn time advantage does not apply if we win or in this mode at all...rushing points is the best way to win assault maps. hell, it's the same thing in the last stretch of a payload map, you can't wait forever, as you say they spawn, so what are you waiting for...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

A) Zarya's not going to run away from her team. It's the opposite of what her character does
B) In the world where you can bait Zarya away from her team, she's shielded and blasting you and her damage is going to beat a baiting Reaper due to range.

xaosslug

Playing with randoms in QP is so bad at higher levels. I think we're all just fucking around lol

i know I kinda am - I use QP mainly to take characters I'm not used to out for a spin (right now I'm rotating through Tracer, Reaper, and Symm), etc. Shit gets intense when we're up against a team that's playing for keeps! :O

Whelp.

Uninstalled until they fixed rank.

Career high of 56, down to 42. Just game after game of getting rolled. Watched out Reinhardt on the last game and he never put his shield up once.

We had a Mercy. I had the gold in Healing as 76.

Kito

Does 'teleporter uptime' mean time saved in travelling from spawn, or how long there was a teleporter up in a game?

Apathy

Who knows at this point, they're now saying there's no bug right now and it's working as intended which is ridiculous.

It's one of those times of blizzard being stubborn.

"naw dude, it's fixed, you getting less rank points, naw, isn't happening"

If a team has someone that leaves, that team loses and the winners get the winning amount of points. None of these smaller percentage things. It's not a perfect system but it's a much fairer one to those people that won.

LiK

Man, I'm really bad with Genji. Using his Ult is pretty annoying. Can't see shit when you swing the sword around.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A) Zarya's not going to run away from her team. It's the opposite of what her character does
B) In the world where you can bait Zarya away from her team, she's shielded and blasting you and her damage is going to beat a baiting Reaper due to range.

Thing is a good reaper will appear out of nowhere by the sides when your team is in a firefight, kill all your teammates and ignore you till your bubble is gone.

Reaper is reallllll fucking annoying to play against.

Nimby

Banned

Well no, she's not. But reaper has a teleport and if you can get her by herself, e.g taking out the rest of her leechers she's easy pickings.

And in case you missed that edit, Roadhog can single her out too.

Nimby

Banned
Man, I'm really bad with Genji. Using his Ult is pretty annoying. Can't see shit when you swing the sword around.

Genji is hard to use on console I feel. And I agree his super is really wonky.

I have to crank up the sensitivity with him, it helps a lot. I still haven't found a good way to map his inputs so you can jump and aim reliably at the same time.

BurningNad

Good stuff. Sleep tight Reap tight.

Do you play with Mic muted / off? I'm almost at the point where I want to do that...

Love how that other reaper couldn't even hold a candle to you as well.

I know this response is way late but I almost always play with my fiancee in a group so it always defaults to that, and we're in the same room so we don't even use it. She's the D.Va you can see in that match I linked.

Animator

They must have fixed it. I disconnected from a ranked match, had to restart my router and rejoined and we won the game and I almost got full level worth of xp from it. Before it would have given |...| this much.

LiK

Genji is hard to use on console I feel. And I agree his super is really wonky.

I have to crank up the sensitivity with him, it helps a lot. I still haven't found a good way to map his inputs so you can jump and aim reliably at the same time.

Yea, noticed that guys like and Soldier need different tuning on sensitivity on consoles. Gonna need to practice more before I play QP with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom