• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad would it be if leavers from ranked were back filled with quick play queue-rs?

Just make sure the QPers don't have their rank impacted since that's not what they are there for.

Borden

Neo Member
I almost exclusively play as Mercy due to most people not wanting to take on this role. I've took a bunch of shit from other players for using the revive at the "wrong" time so, I started taking the time to wait for the right moment. However, I've found that a lot of the time I could've had another revive by the time I wait for the "right" time to use it. Now I use it as soon as I can. Of course I try to get multiple revives when I can but it seems like waiting is worse then just using it as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

Veelk

Banned
Have a hero limit in Competitive Mode and leave Quick Play as it is.
Please don't. I don't want to touch competitive with a ten foot pole and there is no reason anyone should have to be subject to stacks. It would really suck for me if only competitive got the limit.

Hero stacking is, through and through, a bad mechanic. Get rid of it for everyone.

Azoor

I almost exclusively play as Mercy due to most people not wanting to take on this role. I've took a bunch of shit from other players for using the revive at the "wrong" time so, I started taking the time to wait for the right moment. However, I've found that a lot of the time I could've had another revive by the time I wait for the "right" time to use it. Now I use it as soon as I can. Of course I try to get multiple revives when I can but it seems like waiting is worse then just using it as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

Most of the time, there is no "right time" , a single revive can make or break your game .

LiK

Thoughts?

if your team is doing well and one person dies. no biggie unless it's a tank. if they're in a crazy firefight, revive asap.

Zemm

How bad would it be if leavers from ranked were back filled with quick play queue-rs?

Just make sure the QPers don't have their rank impacted since that's not what they are there for.

Make it an option you tick when queuing for QP and I think it would work well. I'd allow myself to get pulled in to an ongoing Ranked match if none of my stats were affected. I need a place to practice my Bastion skills.

LiK

Yah, I have a really hard time on Anubis as an attacker with PUGs. Does anyone know of a good strategy for trying to take it?

gotta rush in as a group. use the left building path. i think that almost always works but the entire group needs to rush it. usually fails if people split up. someone can also use a Tracer, Pharah or D.Va to rush into the capture point to distract the enemy team, while the rest rush in. i found it rarely works if people don't rush in together in that map.

Gurrry

Dominate defense on Hanamura. The offense team gets 0 captures.

4 of their team mates leave.

We win, get 0 mmr change.

Awesome.

Thoughts?

I have an 80+ win rate with Mercy and it doesn't matter if you spend most of the match on fire - ignorant fools will still complain about your healing abilities. Take it with a large grain of salt. Most of the time, this comes from people with little to no situational awareness. I regularly find myself in the position of having to do a less optimal revive because I'm about to go down to an ignored flanker or Pharah and can't fly away because everybody is off doing their own thing behind cover.. c'est la vie.

If you're doing it right, you can revive every 30-40 seconds so do what you feel is right and observe the results. That'll hone your Mercy skills better than whatever your team bitches about.

Kamion

Dominate defense on Hanamura. The offense team gets 0 captures.

4 of their team mates leave.

We win, get 0 mmr change.

Awesome.

Yep. Comp currently is:

steamroll someone - enemy team leaves, you get no rank from it.
"oh we might lose" - your team leaves, you lose half a rank.

Currently literally no way to level up with PUGs.

Danj

That sucks :(

I basically dropped Overwatch because there was this one game on Route 66 that just pushed me over the edge. I was forced to push the payload as Pharah whilst I had a Reaper on my team using long range shots (???), a Mercy who only had her pistol out and Hanzo who was constantly getting destroyed by the opposition's widowmaker. No one was on the payload except me. Obviously we didn't even make it past the 2nd checkpoint.

Quick play is still fine, so don't drop it altogether! Works best if you can group up with people - I think there's a list in the OP or somewhere of GAFfers who've added their battle.net/whatever IDs to the list for people to friend them.

finalflame

gotta rush in as a group. use the left building path. i think that almost always works but the entire group needs to rush it. usually fails if people split up. someone can also use a Tracer, Pharah or D.Va to rush into the capture point to distract the enemy team, while the rest rush in. i found it rarely works if people don't rush in together in that map.

Yah, I think the issue is always how long people take pushing through the left. I feel to take it you need to lightning through the left building and everyone has to go together, but with PUGs there are always straddlers who stay behind/get picked off.

So frustrating when you're unable to coordinate with your team then the opposing team comes up and stomps you on both points in CP ;/

Yep. Comp currently is:

Why is it even like this? Did Blizzard really not foresee people leaving mid-game? It's really puzzling, too, especially given Blizzard's harsh penalties against early leavers.

Kamion

Why is it even like this? Did Blizzard really not foresee people leaving mid-game? It's really puzzling, too, especially given Blizzard's harsh penalties against early leavers.

I guess they thought the penalties would be more scary to people, thus resulting in less leavers. I mean, the problem would be more bearable if they finally fixed that ranking bug (you get no rank if someone from the other team left and you won but you still lose half a rank if someone on yours leaves and you lose). The Underdog system is pretty useless on low rank PUGs as well because everyone's equally bad at the game.

At this point I'm just playing Season 1 for kicks, not caring about rank and hope those issues are sorted out in Season 2.

Kurita

Don't know why I don't see more Mercy + Lucio comps, you're nearly invincible with them. I think I've never lost a game when we got both of them.

Borden

Neo Member
I have an 80+ win rate with Mercy and it doesn't matter if you spend most of the match on fire - ignorant fools will still complain about your healing abilities. Take it with a large grain of salt. Most of the time, this comes from people with little to no situational awareness. I regularly find myself in the position of having to do a less optimal revive because I'm about to go down to an ignored flanker or Pharah and can't fly away because everybody is off doing their own thing behind cover.. c'est la vie.

If you're doing it right, you can revive every 30-40 seconds so do what you feel is right and observe the results. That'll hone your Mercy skills better than whatever your team bitches about.

Yeah I'm getting better at escaping flanks. I'll boost over to anyone I can and use them as a shield while supplying them with health. Even if they aren't aware I'm bringing a flanker to them the health stream allows them to take some damage and stay alive enough to turn and defend me. Also, her pistol isn't that bad in the emergency situations.

I guess they thought the penalties would be more scary to people, thus resulting in less leavers. I mean, the problem would be more bearable if they finally fixed that ranking bug (you get no rank if someone from the other team left and you won but you still lose half a rank if someone on yours leaves and you lose). The Underdog system is pretty useless on low rank PUGs as well because everyone's equally bad at the game.

At this point I'm just playing Season 1 for kicks, not caring about rank and hope those issues are sorted out in Season 2.

Yeah, it's best to play that way. Just tough to get over winning a couple matches in a row just to gain no rank then losing a single match and dropping like a rock.

Gurrry

'm just playing Season 1 for kicks, not caring about rank and hope those issues are sorted out in Season 2.

Agreed, its pretty much a wash at this point.

Season 2: Crank up the penalites for leavers. A system similar to Dota would be good. Put people in low-priority, make them have to win games to get out. Fix the MMR ranking issues on all modes and come up with a way to not punish people for winning when the other team quits.

Overall, S1 has been a good beta for them to learn from, but next season needs to have this stuff ironed out.

LiK

Don't know why I don't see more Mercy + Lucio comps, you're nearly invincible with them.

depends if the players are good with them. i'm pretty proficient with Lucio now and rarely die with him. i play Mercy well enough but there's always someone in my group who chooses Mercy so I stick with Lucio for support when needed.

abundant

Please don't. I don't want to touch competitive with a ten foot pole and there is no reason anyone should have to be subject to stacks. It would really suck for me if only competitive got the limit.

Hero stacking is, through and through, a bad mechanic. Get rid of it for everyone.

Blizzard will never get rid of hero stacking entirely, because they think it's a legit strategy. If they do something about it, I'd bet good money that they limit it to QP.

Borden

Neo Member
Don't know why I don't see more Mercy + Lucio comps, you're nearly invincible with them. I think I've never lost a game when we got both of them.

Because the other 3 need to be good. If the other 3 aren't racking up kills or continually letting Mercy get attacked it falls apart. But yes, I agree that it's an excellent combo.

Gurrry

I dont mind the stacking because it lends itself to a far more deep meta. However, I will agree that there should maybe be a limit on how many you can stack. Id say 2 would be preferable and not as trolly as some of these teams that go 6 winston or w/e

Roubjon

I still see a lot of people that constantly ignore sentries completely. Like, come on, they aren't hard to destroy!

Our team literally had a Reinhardt, Pharah, and D.VA. I was a Lucio and was standing behind the Reinhardt's shield to blow up the sentry because I guess the other two couldn't do it, and then the Reinhardt moved and I died. And then the Pharah finally came in to use her Ult to kill some of the enemy team but any of the advances we could have made were shattered when the enemy Torbjorn immediately Ulted his Sentry.

Then I came in a blew up the sentry after the fact.

This game...

abundant

Zen is trash.

I don't know why Blizzard hasn't announced a buff for him yet, because it is painfully obvious that he needs it. Zen is the only hero that rarely shows up in competitive play. It's gotten to the point that seeing Zen on the battlefield is a huge shock.

Do Blizzard know about the exploit on Dorado? Just had a match with a Bastion camping INSIDE a mesh, so we couldn't attack it. :/

scumbag's PSN ID is GBRAXFROGGYX, got a video of it too.

Jiraiza

We had a hanzo main right now blaming others for their picks, saying that double support is shit lel and that he is there for dealing dmg, while being killed by a symmetra or the other teams widow. why

Sounds awfully familiar. I had a Hanzo who did literally nothing on Volskaya except jump up and down on the truck and shooting over the wall in front of the choke point towards the second point. When we lost, we told him how useless he was and he said, "I have a gold medal in damage dealt."

I then proceeded to get into a game with him on the opposite team. Needless to say, they lost.

Yep. Comp currently is:

Is this mostly on PC? I haven't had any problems with leavers in comp on PS4. Of course I generally play with GAFers in a group and not in pub games, but even when I do go solo in comps most of the time everyone sticks around until the match is done.

Maybe I've just gotten lucky with my matches.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I still see a lot of people that constantly ignore sentries completely. Like, come on, they aren't hard to destroy!

Players still don't blow up Symmetry turrets, they think the next person behind them got it covered

I go out of my way, even to burn my Ultimate say as Reaper to remove a death room from certain maps if it helps get closer to the objective
The most Symmetry can place back up is 3, yet people get buzzed and run forward, give her free Ultimate power, netting her a new Teleporter

Thank Fuck in Competitive people at least understand that to destroy turrets most of the time

abundant

Is this mostly on PC? I haven't had any problems with leavers in comp on PS4. Of course I generally play with GAFers in a group and not in pub games, but even when I do go solo in comps most of the time everyone sticks around until the match is done.

It's across all systems and plagues pub games the most. You just got lucky, like how people are lucky enough to be matched with good players in pub games.

I don't know why Blizzard hasn't announced a buff for him yet, because it is painfully obvious that he needs it. Zen is the only hero that rarely shows up in competitive play. It's gotten to the point that seeing Zen on the battlefield is a huge shock.

Symmetra is the most rare hero I see now, followed by Zen, and I actually barely see McCree now.

BigDug13

Symmetra is the most rare hero I see now, followed by Zen, and I actually barely see McCree now.

That's kinda funny because Zen is at his best when a Symmetra is on the team. That extra 25 shields is a huge boost for Zen.

McCree still gets use on PC because mouse controls can guarantee headshot on his left click, but hitting headshots consistently with his left click on console controls is next to impossible.

Do Blizzard know about the exploit on Dorado? Just had a match with a Bastion camping INSIDE a mesh, so we couldn't attack it. :/

scumbag's PSN ID is GBRAXFROGGYX, got a video of it too.

I had a pair of Torb's do this with their turrets a few days ago.

I PM'd them that they were scum bags.

They then so politely explained to me that they were basically doing god's work because Blizzard is a shitty dev and should have fixed the problem, so by using the problem, they were letting everyone know that the problem was there, and that blizzard is horrible for not having fixed it yet.

Like, no matter how many times I said, "You are part of the problem, not part of the solution." They just didn't hear me.

Inversive

Depends if the people you're healing can actually do damage or not. If your damage players are shit then aren't gonna accomplish anything with 2 healers.

Ertai

I play on PS4 and of my 6 wins today 5 had leavers on the enemy team. It's absolutely ridiculous.

abundant

I had a pair of Torb's do this with their turrets a few days ago.

I PM'd them that they were scum bags.

They then so politely explained to me that they were basically doing god's work because Blizzard is a shitty dev and should have fixed the problem, so by using the problem, they were letting everyone know that the problem was there, and that blizzard is horrible for not having fixed it yet.

Like, no matter how many times I said, "You are part of the problem, not part of the solution." They just didn't hear me.

Do these idiots not know about the certification process? Blizzard can't drop a patch on consoles with a snap of the finger, like they can do on PC. This exploit will surely be fixed when the next patch drops, along with the Torb nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom