• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooduu

but it makes it interesting when people would launch the ult over hollywood's first point. or any building. i'm just going to walk in and drop it because of no suicide lol. which helps because they either run or kill me or die. either way someone is going to die

Even in competitive mode, launching from above rarely works because every just hears it coming and you're safe even standing behind a 2 inch wide pole (lol).

I've logged so many hours with D.Va before competitive mode and when CM launched, I basically just used Zarya as a tank because D.Va was too easy to counter. Even then, I relied less on the ult and more on the protective abilities and constantly harassing the front lines with her mobility and unlimited ammo.

This buff is heading into the right direction. D.Va is a tank and she needs to be able to do something to enhance that role. This is why Zarya is, IMO, the most used tank on competitive. Edit:Behind Roadhog at least lol.

Veelk

Banned
"Competitive Play matches can now only have one of each hero per team. "

Oh, fuck me.

I DO NOT want to play competitive.

But I need the no stacking rule

:(

Otherwise, I approve of all the changes. Good stuff. Especially mah girl. D.va

Azoor

Is Dva not being killed by her own Ult is a good idea though ? I mean wouldn't that just make her a little bit OP ?

I could use my ultimate to capture a point and see the pther runaway.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Is Dva not being killed by her own Ult is a good idea though ? I mean wouldn't that just make her a little bit OP ?

If it's killing no one, might as well have an upside. You can't cap a point in 3 seconds on your own either.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Not really, it's pretty terrible right now, at least now she'll actually get some kills now and then.

eek5

D.Va quick play strat. Multiple D.Vas all use their ult in a row while capping the point.

dva stack is already strong if you catch the enemy off guard. pretty hard to stop on 2cp maps since you can bully your way into the first point before they can react then snowball it into ults on the 2nd point

eek5

Winston would destroy her. Jump on mech drop bubble then kill baby dva before she can resuit. Save entire team. gg

So Roadhog need 45% more charge to get his ult, but gets it by self healing now? Not bad.

I can't tell if that 'hooks enemies from behind' bug fix is talking about an uncommon problem, or if it is a very poorly worded way to say that the very common hook bug where they are pulled to the side is now fixed. Any word on that?

Redmoon

Anyone try 21:9 yet? Does it add horizontal FOV, cut off vertical, or a bit of both?

Using custom resolution I have with the 21:9 ratio selected, it seems like the vertical FOV gets cut off (it looks zoomed in vs 16:9) Horizontal FOV is the same.

Azoor

If it's killing no one, might as well have an upside. You can't cap a point in 3 seconds on your own either.

Not really, it's pretty terrible right now, at least now she'll actually get some kills now and then.

Winston would destroy her. Jump on mech drop bubble then kill baby dva before she can resuit. Save entire team. gg

I see your points, I need to play her to check it out.

Zeliard

This D.Va buff is pretty big

She's much harder to get rid of with defense matrix always at the ready

Yeah it's a nice way to boost her survivability without tweaking her health/shield values, and at the same time giving her more flexibility in denying ults and other big attacks, which only increases her skill ceiling.

Prelude.

The no hood skin is pretty nice, I think she looks better without it.
Also it's kinda disappointing there's no Captain Amari skin with white hair, they lost a waifu material opportunity.

Plum

As someone getting one before the weekend, 21:9 monitor support coming with the Ana update is amazing. Any idea of when the update will be out because I'm feeling like I might refrain from playing the game until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom