• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHIZ

Those D.Va buffs aren't what I was hoping for. I think she should have gotten a bit of a buff to her range. Maybe it should be a console only thing, because she's seemingly useless unless face to face with someone and all that takes is a step to the left to avoid. I was tracking down a Hanzo, was full health, maybe a few in game feet from him, and just laying into him as he aiming thus not moving... He gets two arrows off and manages to destroy my mech. Something isn't right there.

peakish

Just looked at the patch notes, they're pretty neat. I like the Dva barrier change, making that more flexible will be good not just for her survivability but for actually covering team mates. I'd love to see more advanced use of that. Zenyatta surviving more is good, don't know what the travel time will do but it'll be easier to kick butt with him.

Overtime changes look good but feel a bit unnecessary combined with the 1 hero limit in competitive. I liked the possibility of stacks even if they seem to have been abused with the current hero selection. I haven't watched a ton of competitive but it didn't seem like the limit did a lot to actually increase diversity, most every game turned out the same. It's only without the limit that I've actually seen a couple of games with what seemed like an off beat tactic. Of course if it produces more bad games than good ones it's in a weird spot, but I'm a bit sad about it still ... and for regular comp play it isn't as if regular groups will produce anything noteworthy.

I hope the Mercy changes make her a bit more interesting in the end. idk

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone have a summary of all the updates?

McCree fall off damage has been buffed
DVa has 2 charges of defense Matrix
Zenyatta has 300 HPS during his ult up from 200 and goes super fast during it. And his HP was buffed
Mercy's ult charge up time was reduced but the damage on her damage boost was increased. And she can ult while moving now
Roadhog gets more ult from self heal
Lucio's ult charges 10% faster

Those are the only ones I remember offhand

FHIZ

Raise your APM fam. Right click when he's loosing the arrow.

Already did to rocket up to him and avoid damage. Like, health not withstanding, I feel like if I was at the same range with Reaper his shotguns would have decimated a Hanzo standing still, but D.Va just seems so useless unless you're so close you're almost clipping into the other character.

Come to think of it, outside of getting trapped in a corner for her ult or the stray they get the last hit in while everyone else is doing the damage, I don't remember the last time I was killed by a D.Va in her mech.

psyfi

Banned
Zenyatta has 300 HPS during his ult up from 200 and goes super fast during it. And his HP was buffed
Mercy's ult charge up time was reduced but the damage on her damage boost was increased. And she can ult while moving now

Damn, that's a lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Already did to rocket up to him and avoid damage. Like, health not withstanding, I feel like if I was at the same range with Reaper his shotguns would have decimated a Hanzo standing still, but D.Va just seems so useless unless you're so close you're almost clipping into the other character.

Come to think of it, outside of getting trapped in a corner for her ult or the stray they get the last hit in while everyone else is doing the damage, I don't remember the last time I was killed by a D.Va in her mech.

I play a lot of Winston and never assume Hanzo a guaranteed kill. He's not Widow. That little fucker can light your ass up if you're not careful.

FHIZ

I play a lot of Winston and never assume Hanzo a guaranteed kill. He's not Widow. That little fucker can light your ass up if you're not careful.

I mean yeah, especially if head shots, but I'm sitting there unloooooading with D.Va at normal shotgun range. I could make a sandwich. Then *dead*

Frustrating.

#MakeDVaGreatAgain

shiba5

Lucio's ult has a 10% cost increase - so it's slower to charge. But his self-heal will charge it now so I doubt there's much difference.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With the changes, I'll be very curious to see what more experienced players find in competitive.

With no double Winston, no double Tracer, no double Lucio, Lucio & Ana comp looks very strong.

abundant

You forgot 2 - D.Va no longer receives damage from her ult and her ult takes 3 seconds to explode instead of 4.

Heel

Lucio's ult has a 10% cost increase - so it's slower to charge. But his self-heal will charge it now so I doubt there's much difference.

I assume they tried to balance it so the self-heal ult charge and increased cost negate each other. Which makes me wonder, what's their motivation to do it? Make Ana's heal negation more useful?

I mean, there is a bit of a new meta game going on with the change. Mercy needs the ult charge from healing now more than ever, so you're effectively deciding whether or not you want to charge your own ult or help your Mercy get her resurrection going.

Curious to see how it shakes out, as the dust isn't close to settling yet, but I have a feeling Roadhog ult charge time will be tweaked. I just saw 3 ults before the first checkpoint on Dorado. Seems kinda insane.

Jarmel

Banned
They shouldn't allow shooting through your allies. Makes it ridiculous when the person behind the guy you're shooting at is doing all the damage.

Messing around in PTR and honestly do not notice the ult charge increase for Mercy, I'm still rez'ing fools seemingly at will.

Also maybe it's just me, but I feel like I move way faster during GA.

Zemm

Word of warning, if you play PTR play competitive mode because Quick play is a fucking mess.

My main worry right now is through all the damage boosts the game turning into a one shot clusterfuck.

LiK

Ugh, Sudden Death for attacking team is fucking BS. Not enough time to even regroup. Glad they're getting rid of this shit in Season 2.

shiba5

Messing around in PTR and honestly do not notice the ult charge increase for Mercy, I'm still rez'ing fools seemingly at will.

Also maybe it's just me, but I feel like I move way faster during GA.

Well I assume her self heal is charging her ult now too. And GA has no cool down anymore which is nice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
McCree is the only character that I swear the server is fucking with me.

Like I'll play 76 or a sniper and be like 'man my aim is dogshit right now' but I'll play McCree and be making the exact perfect aim and fire with him and they're missing. Shit doesn't make any sense to me.

edit: Genji has become my third most played character. What have I become?

Satch

Banned
The thing is, you still need to be a good sniper to play Ana. She's rated 3 stars for difficulty for a reason, she is for skilled players, and in the coming weeks I bet everyone and their mother will ignore this and try to play her in Competitive anyways.
I was playing winston

They cant miss

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any word on the Tobjorn animation cancel just getting baked into the character?

It's not really a 'skill' thing where it's a combo like Hog combo or Genji burst it's just animation cancelling to get his turret up slightly faster. Seems like something they should either remove or just make his upgrade time as quick as it is that way. Which still isn't very quick.

Heel

Any word on the Tobjorn animation cancel just getting baked into the character?

It's not really a 'skill' thing where it's a combo like Hog combo or Genji burst it's just animation cancelling to get his turret up slightly faster. Seems like something they should either remove or just make his upgrade time as quick as it is that way. Which still isn't very quick.

Speaking of Torb, does Ana's ultimate buff his turrets?

Quesa

Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Roadhog to accidentally Chain Hook targets standing behind him

The wording makes it seem like this only fixes the part where targets would get hooked if they were standing behind him, not the one where targets would wind up behind him after the hook. But from the one match I've played it seems that hooks are a little more consistent. Anyone else test out Roadhog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom