• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Have they hot-fixed that PS4 bug where you lose rank progress? Stopped playing for the last few days because I didn't really want to lose any gold. I know yesterday was maintenance.
Is Dva not being killed by her own Ult is a good idea though ? I mean wouldn't that just make her a little bit OP ?

I could use my ultimate to capture a point and see the pther runaway.
Seems like this might take away some skill that you needed to get out of the blast area.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah it's a nice way to boost her survivability without tweaking her health/shield values, and at the same time giving her more flexibility in denying ults and other big attacks, which only increases her skill ceiling.
I still would like to be able to move while firing, but that might make her a bit too OP.

I may have shaved another half second off her ult though, but maybe 3 seconds is enough of a change to make it so enemies can't get away too easily.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never heard Reaper's 'This is where I picked up that ingrate' line on 66

I love the delivery. Reaper needs a Cobra Commander skin

I cannot get out of the high 30s lower 40s on Ranked due to randos on PS4.

People are so bad at this game it astounds me. Was just playing capture and we had 2 people pick playing Pharah just blindly shooting rockets at the point and never ever trying to actually take it. We had the momentum to where we could have captured if they would have pressured but instead they sit back half a mile away shooting and missing the majority of their shots.

Man stuff like this can be so aggravating

Still losing almost every competitive match. What the fuck is going on here? It's almost always a close match, but in the end we lose. I've lost 14 levels and now I'm 39, and still getting beat almost every match.

I feel like I'm wasting my time with this game.

Apathy

I really really hope blizzard gives us blizzard cosplay costumes. We know blizzard exists in the overwatch world (they play hearthstone on tablets) so why not have the overwatch characters cosplay blizzard characters (and yes I've brought it up before, it's just such a cool idea)

Might be a bit too strong even.
I like the faster orbs and ult changes. But 200 HP might push him over the edge.

In the yahoo interview they said they maybe overbuffed him but will be keeping an eye on him

I cannot get out of the high 30s lower 40s on Ranked due to randos on PS4.

People are so bad at this game it astounds me. Was just playing capture and we had 2 people pick playing Pharah just blindly shooting rockets at the point and never ever trying to actually take it. We had the momentum to where we could have captured if they would have pressured but instead they sit back half a mile away shooting and missing the majority of their shots.

Man stuff like this can be so aggravating

I'm surprised at the luck I've had soloing on the PC. I'm rank 56 after starting at 59 and everyone seems to work together for the most part. People don't play duplicate heroes, they pop their ults at the right time, they switch heroes depending on the situation.

Also, the toxicity has been pretty minimal given what I was expecting.

looks like the game is buggy. watching stream it didn't show if you are attacking/defending when you first pick hero. you find out after the setup time.

I'm surprised at the luck I've had soloing on the PC. I'm rank 56 after starting at 59 and everyone seems to work together for the most part. People don't play duplicate heroes, they pop their ults at the right time, they switch heroes depending on the situation.

Also, the toxicity has been pretty minimal given what I was expecting.

Yeah I've heard it gets much better once your are over level 50. It's just I'm stuck down here with a ton of people that just don't know what they are doing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever I'm playing Reaper and Mei has ice blocked all alone
406_window.gif

MG310

Had some double Zarya fun on Gibratlar in Competitive before the window closes on PS4. All beams, all barriers, all the time.

Man, Ana's VA is pretty bad. She might be the least expressive in the game.

Gotta test out those sleeping darts somehow.

Satch

Banned
3 Anas on my team and none of them shooting me

u can make a sniper with all support abilities and these idiots will still find a way............................

Heel

Roadhog's ult charge time seems completely broken now. He gets 20% charge off a full self-heal. Ults left and right.

finalflame

u can make a sniper with all support abilities and these idiots will still find a way............................

The thing is, you still need to be a good sniper to play Ana. She's rated 3 stars for difficulty for a reason, she is for skilled players, and in the coming weeks I bet everyone and their mother will ignore this and try to play her in Competitive anyways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing is, you still need to be a good sniper to play Ana. She's rated 3 stars for difficulty for a reason, she is for skilled players, and in the coming weeks I bet everyone and their mother will ignore this and try to play her in Competitive anyways.

Not necessarily. Her hitbox is extremely generous scoped

Sleep dart doesn't work on Junkrat's ult. :(

You can't put a tire to sleep.

Still requires skills like situational awareness and some semblance of being able to aim. It's more than I give most players trying their hand at Overwatch.

Yeah but for those of us who play support since the team lacks any solid heals, it'll be nice to have a solid damage output as well. I know Lucio still exists, but Ana has more range and different tools.

Apathy

even if her damage did 2, people will still play her as a dps. it's not going to help

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can you sleep a Roadhog when he chains you is the real question

I don't know how fast it fires before your head gets popped

Slacker

Love the "no double heros in competitive" change. Had two players on a team last night that wouldn't consider the fact that 2 Hanzos on Attack isn't the best team comp. :)

Looking forward to hearing Ana and Pharah interact during pregame. Anyone post screenshots of the skins yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom