• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's shocking how awful the community for this game is in competitive. And that's coming from somebody with thousands of hours in Dota 2.

I play pretty much every hero, I don't main anybody or spam pick Insta lock the same hero. But of the five or six times I've picked Widow in competitive, only ever on defense, I've immediately been hit with multiple people raging or flaming.

What is wrong with the pick on defense? Nothing. Never was it the second sniper for the team. Half the time I end up with multiple golds and we win. My Widow winrate is above 75%. People are just intolerable.

ramyeon

It's shocking how awful the community for this game is in competitive. And that's coming from somebody with thousands of hours in Dota 2.

I play pretty much every hero, I don't main anybody or spam pick Insta lock the same hero. But of the five or six times I've picked Widow in competitive, only ever on defense, I've immediately been hit with multiple people raging or flaming.

What is wrong with the pick on defense? Nothing. Half the time I end up with multiple golds and we win. My Widow winrate is above 75%. People are just intolerable.
I played a game last night where one guy was on mic just blasting the guy on our team playing Hanzo. Ordering him to change because he sucks etc. We ended up losing but the only player who got a card to vote on at the end was the Hanzo for dealing 35% of our damage or something.

Animator

What is wrong with the pick on defense? Nothing. Never was it the second sniper for the team. Half the time I end up with multiple golds and we win. My Widow winrate is above 75%. People are just intolerable.

Because 9 out of 10 widow players are shit. If the enemy team is behind a rein shield there are way better picks. We have a tf2 sniper pro on our team and even he says widow is usually not a good pick on defense most of the time depending on the map.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God damn I hate playing mother fucking Roadhog on Payload.

'Opponent near the payload, on the payload, behind the payload, under the payload, thinking about being by the payload, once dated a payload? Fuck you Hog, clip to the side.'

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, verdict on Dva for the people who have played with the buffs?

Because I don't see how making her a pseudo reinhardt really works when dashing in close is still a major factor of how she's played, and she still kinda gets exposed when she's attack in close?

Gurrry

The quitter thing needs to be addressed more quickly than this. The fix they thought they had is clearly not working.

I dont understand why they allow someone who quits to immidietely requeue. I just had a guy quit on my team, then after the timer ran out, all of us left "without penalty".

Then in my very next game, that same guy that quit before is on the opposing team, and quits on them. We win, get 0 mmr change.

Why is he allowed to rejoin another game after obviously quitting on the one seconds before. This entire system needs an emergency fix. Ive had about 5-6 games at rank 44 where stomp them, someone on their team quits, and we get barely any xp.

Wins are already hard to come by as a solo queuer. Dont reward quitters by letting them take advantage of this bug. Fucking ban them or put their re-queue time on a long ass wait. I dont understand why this is so hard.

J Range

I havent played so i dont know, but anas tranq gun seems like a pretty powerful ability. It can negate any ult, and pretty much set up an opponent to die, from a body shot of a tranq gun? Auto stop any ambush on you, and most shenanigans other heros possess, like mei's freeze

Zemm

I hate when using Zenyatta that enemy targets have those big red lines around them, really puts my aim off because of it. There needs to be an option to toggle it.

Antiwhippy

I havent played so i dont know, but anas tranq gun seems like a pretty powerful ability. It can negate any ult, and pretty much set up an opponent to die, from a body shot of a tranq gun? Auto stop any ambush on you, and most shenanigans other heros possess, like mei's freeze

I mean roadhog does basically the same thing already.

arimanius

So, verdict on Dva for the people who have played with the buffs?

Because I don't see how making her a pseudo reinhardt really works when dashing in close is still a major factor of how she's played, and she still kinda gets exposed when she's attack in close?

What I've seen on some pro streams and hearing them talk about is they love Dva now. Will use her on certain maps instead of Rein and don't discount her ult being shorting by a sec and not killering her now either.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I wonder how many Mercys that never got protected by their teammates will try their hand at Ana and try to heal in (hopefully) safe cover.

Antiwhippy

What I've seen on some pro streams and hearing them talk about is they love Dva now. Will use her on certain maps instead of Rein and don't discount her ult being shorting by a sec and not killering her now either.

Huh, that's good to hear. I'm guessing she's better for maps with more chokepoints to seriously negate junkrat/pharah poking?

J Range

I mean roadhog does basically the same thing already.

Similar but not wuite. Roadhogs hook can bring inconsistent results ie-tracer and lucio hook to the side of you and get away, missing the kill shot, or just being ineffective against larger health enemies.

It sounds like this is a much more efficient weapon. Hit them and they fall asleep.

I don't feel it's as easy to use as it sounds. It's a projectile with a travel time, can be blocked and etc. It's hilarious against other snipers though, you just remove them from the game for 6 seconds.
Her ult not killing her anymore is huge. It gives a really good purpose for her human form, you can leave it to blow and instead of trying to run for cover get some damage on while they run away.

Antiwhippy

Similar but not wuite. Roadhogs hook can bring inconsistent results ie-tracer and lucio hook to the side of you and get away, missing the kill shot, or just being ineffective against larger health enemies.

It sounds like this is a much more efficient weapon. Hit them and they fall asleep.

But they wake from even the smallest tickle of a damage while roadhog can outright kill a lot of characters with one combo.

Prelude.

It's kinda weird how Ana has no headshots, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it. She's the only character with no beam weapon that can't headshot.
If she finds herself on a 1vs1 and she has no sleep dart ready, she's pretty much dead.

Antiwhippy

It's kinda weird how Ana has no headshots, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it. She's the only character with no beam weapon that can't headshot.
If she finds herself on a 1vs1 and she has no sleep dart ready, she's pretty much dead.

Because she has a stun, an area of heal denial that also heals and damages, and a goddamn ubercharge. Ranged ubercharge even.

Gotta give her a weakness somehow.

Apathy

beam or rocket/nade character, they also dont have headshots

Prelude.

Because she has a stun, an area of heal denial that also heals and damages, and a goddamn ubercharge. Ranged ubercharge even.

Gotta give her a weakness somehow.
Well, those can't help her when she's on her own, she doesn't even have any escape mechanics. Even Mercy's puny pistol is more deadly.

beam or rocket/nade character, they also dont have headshots
I forgot about Junkrat but, fuck me, I didn't know about Pharah, I've started using her only recently but I'm always aiming for headshots when I'm close enough.

Apathy

Well, those can't help her when she's on her own, she doesn't even have any escape mechanics. Even Mercy's puny pistol is more deadly.

I forgot about Junkrat but, fuck me, I didn't know about Pharah, I've started using her only recently but I'm always aiming for headshots when I'm close enough.

I can assure you that they dont have headshots

Son Of D

Mobawatch

Play Tobjorn, Bastion, and Reinhardt on defense

you will never lose. Ever.

Throw in a Mercy to buff the Bastion and res during emergencies. Symmetra for teleports and her turrets slowing targets down for Bastion. And maybe Junkrat to spam grenades at one entrance forcing them to go towards Bastion (and to also trap targets for Bastion to tear apart).

Satch

Banned
LMAOOOO. I PUT A MCCREE TO SLEEP DURING HIS HIGH NOON LIKE IN THE VIDEO AND WE JUST LEFT HIM THERE WHILE WE PUSHED THE PAYLOAD

maouvin

Final match on Volskaya, and my ISP decides to fuck up and I'm kicked from Battle.net. Even the website didn't open anymore (as well as several other websites, like GAF).

My team still won the 5x6, but gained almost no rank :/ is it normal to gain almost nothing if you win after a teammate dropped off?

mreddie

You guys do realize the patch and Ana are PC only...

They aren't live for consoles

cWFHy.gif

Ramirez

Hope the patch hits next week, double Reaper on console KOTH is the lowest of lows in this game right now.

I hit 70 again, and immediately I'm matched with a Torb KOTH player, smoked 3-0, back to 69! So satisfying.

Gurrry

Final match on Volskaya, and my ISP decides to fuck up and I'm kicked from Battle.net. Even the website didn't open anymore (as well as several other websites, like GAF).

My team still won the 5x6, but gained almost no rank :/ is it normal to gain almost nothing if you win after a teammate dropped off?

Yes. The leaver system right now is completely broken.

They really need to fix this thing now. Im getting quitters every other game and its ruining the experience.

maouvin

Yes. The leaver system right now is completely broken.

They really need to fix this thing now. Im getting quitters every other game and its ruining the experience.

Cheers. I thought it only screwed up for the team that didn't have a leaver, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom