• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like she can actually be used as a tank to protect your team now. Not necessarily as a frontline defender like Reinhardt but a backline protector. Use your jets to keep moving around your team and then use defense matrix to push away flankers. If the flanker tries buzzing back the matrix is already back up. You can just be this constant presence around the battlefield that pushes people away.

I'm so glad to hear this. Also gives her something other than being a harasser which winston fills really well already.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's becoming harder and harder to not get mad at this game as the skill level of all players seems to be shifting to both extremes.

I've started getting into the habit of just quitting for the night the moment I lose a game after a nice win streak because continuing to play after that is just asking for more losses to come your way which will lead you to either force yourself to play more to even it out or just stopping on a long losing streak which feels awful.

Heysoos

Made it out of 40s solo queue hell. ;_; That was rough. I'd constantly get to 48 or 49 then just go on ridiculous losing streak. Once I lost so many times in a row I got down to 43. :| Slogged my way back up to 48 then back multiple times. Finally hit the 50s.

ISOM

It's becoming harder and harder to not get mad at this game as the skill level of all players seems to be shifting to both extremes.

I've started getting into the habit of just quitting for the night the moment I lose a game after a nice win streak because continuing to play after that is just asking for more losses to come your way which will lead you to either force yourself to play more to even it out or just stopping on a long losing streak which feels awful.

Totally agree.

Thewonandonly

nybc7F5.jpg

Holy shit!!!!!! :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The mercy damage boost seems weird based on the other changes, mainly mccree. Doing 210 per headshot boosted seems like a bad idea.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I'd be curious if mercy's damage boost would make it out of ptr, because it's like a way better orb of discord right now.

BigDug13

Yeah I'd be curious if mercy's damage boost would make it out of ptr, because it's like a way better orb of discord right now.

Mercy's problem is she can only do one thing at a time. Orb of Discord is also followed by Zen attacks while a separate orb is healing. 50% damage boost isn't that impressive when that's a character slot devoted to 50% of a heroes damage OR healing.

I feel like she can actually be used as a tank to protect your team now. Not necessarily as a frontline defender like Reinhardt but a backline protector. Use your jets to keep moving around your team and then use defense matrix to push away flankers. If the flanker tries buzzing back the matrix is already back up. You can just be this constant presence around the battlefield that pushes people away.

Awesome!

Antiwhippy

Mercy's problem is she can only do one thing at a time. Orb of Discord is also followed by Zen attacks while a separate orb is healing. 50% damage boost isn't that impressive when that's a character slot devoted to 50% of a heroes damage OR healing.

But it allows her to buff someone to damage multiple people, not just one at a time. Think junkrat and pharah. Hell, rein dealing 100+ damage per swing can be super deadly.

BigDug13

But it allows her to buff someone to damage multiple people, not just one at a time. Think junkrat and pharah. Hell, rein dealing 100+ damage per swing can be super deadly.

Same with Zen. Instead of buffing 1 person by 50% to deal damage to 6, you're buffing the damage of 6 vs 1 target. I just don't think it's that big of a deal in the end. The game needs more reasons to play support and now Mercy is a big help offensively.

Ramirez

I give up playing competitive. One loss just ruins any progress you made that night.

It's a REALLY shit system at the moment. Oh you went 6 rounds with this team and lost in SD OT? Better drop you a level because you're obviously not on theirs!

I almost quit my first match ever a minute ago, double stack of Zarya and Reaper, think I'm done with the game until the patch hits consoles. All people do is stack Reaper, he has no hard counter on console at the moment. Bring McCree back to what he was, it was far more tolerable than the current shit balance they have going.

duckroll

Glad Blizzard has their priorities straight by not fixing the shitfest that is competitive

What do you mean? They've implemented Overtime changes for the game in general, and they're removing hero stacking in Comp specifically. This PTR patch is really significant in terms of addressing various issues people have voiced.

Antiwhippy

What do you mean? They've implemented Overtime changes for the game in general, and they're removing hero stacking in Comp specifically. This PTR patch is really significant in terms of addressing various issues people have voiced.

Probably more about the rate you gain rank, leavers cutting rank gain and sudden death stuff.

TrojanAg

Yeah, pretty much. I lost 3 ranks in 4 games due to rage quitting. Once someone quits, it's pretty much game over. I'm just not going to bother with comp until either they fix it or I can get a group of people that will join up with me that aren't quitters. Otherwise it just feels like a lost cause

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Same with Zen. Instead of buffing 1 person by 50% to deal damage to 6, you're buffing the damage of 6 vs 1 target. I just don't think it's that big of a deal in the end. The game needs more reasons to play support and now Mercy is a big help offensively.

It can be a big deal in specific scenarios, and I think the McCree one is over the top. He can headshot kill any 200 hp hero in the game and he basically has 12 shots with the roll to do it, and the boosted body damage lets him 2 shot the same heroes like a flying Pharah. It's pretty much the widowmaker thing again where you'll see people getting shut down right when they turn a corner which isn't very fun. Mercy actually had this 50% damage buff in beta and it got nerfed before, it's REALLY important when a damage buff pushes someone over an damage threshold.

I don't feel supports have been needing more reasons really, people seem to understand that you basically need one. In comp I see double support very frequently now, the biggest issue was the lack of supports for variety, not really the encouragement to have one.

Played ana abit, insane she has zero mobility. Can't really see her seeing play competitively.
Wish blizzard could just tone things down abit and design heros who can see play without being brokenly overpowered.

duckroll

Probably more about the rate you gain rank, leavers cutting rank gain and sudden death stuff.

Ah yeah. Those are issues which I don't expect an answer to this season unfortunately. I think they will wait for the season to end and look at total stats before making big changes for season 2. Just hope it's better rather than worse!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
We know they're fixing sudden death next season, but have Blizzard said anything about fixing the other issues before the season's end?
Last thing they said about the leaver penalty on the winning side was that it was working as intended.....

Last thing they said about the leaver penalty on the winning side was that it was working as intended.....

I read a post on the official forum which explained how it (probably) is working as intended, as its based on your MMR as well as competitive rating so if you're placed lower than your MMR you'll get wrecked, which is what happens with me as my stats put me high 50/low 60s but because of leavers I got placed at 40, so when I win a match that has a leaver I go up the usual 1/15 but a loss is generally 1/2+ (I lost that amount last night for a match that was 3v6). As due to MMR the game still thinks I should win

I've given up on making any movement this season as i'd probably have to win a ridiculous amount of consecutive matches (taking leavers into account)

BigDug13

It can be a big deal in specific scenarios, and I think the McCree one is over the top. He can headshot kill any 200 hp hero in the game and he basically has 12 shots with the roll to do it, and the boosted body damage lets him 2 shot the same heroes like a flying Pharah. It's pretty much the widowmaker thing again where you'll see people getting shut down right when they turn a corner which isn't very fun. Mercy actually had this 50% damage buff in beta and it got nerfed before, it's REALLY important when a damage buff pushes someone over an damage threshold.

I don't feel supports have been needing more reasons really, people seem to understand that you basically need one. In comp I see double support very frequently now, the biggest issue was the lack of supports for variety, not really the encouragement to have one.

All I know is that the stats don't lie. mercy has the worst win rate in the game in her current form.

D.Va

Neo Member
Ana is such a fun character to play! I'm glad that you don't have to scope to shoot your gun. Still getting used to her sleep shot, because I keep thinking it's just going to arc like her E, but it goes straight like a Pharah rocket. Really easy to hit tanks. I also really like that her lshift isn't like Soldier's heal, you can shoot it and then once it's on people they can walk away from it. Does Ana's normal shoot heals stack? Is it healing over time?

And D.Va... ugh YES. Unfortunately I found out that you don't get killed by your own ult anymore, but now that I do... :D I really hope she becomes viable in competitive.

50 after placement.

Up to 61 almost all solo queue. I'm afraid to play more. I don't want to fall back below the 60 line.

I was 57 after placement games with friends and now I'm 49, after solos lol. I should've stopped playing competitive after placement games. But honestly, it's just the first season. Don't let this whole ranking system prevent you from playing, if you did enjoy it.

Three times today our group was matched up with a team with an average 15+ higher than us. It was such a thrashing lol.

The best part is that I called it literally every single time right before it happened.

Actually, that's the only good part. The rest was just pain and sadness.

Azoor

What's the rhythm? Just shoot them, DM once they walk out of your range, approach them and repeat?

Fly up to them, shoot them at close range and then get out. You could add a physical attack right after the boosters and defence Matrix for emergencies. Remember that it could even defend you against Pharah 's ultimate as well.

Yeah Ana seems bad. For every Ana I'd rather have a Mercy or Lucio and I don't want all three. On defense I'd rather any other support. Her ultimate isn't even that game changing for a support when Mercy, Lucio, and Symm exist.

Also, she should be given Pharah's jump boost so she can climb higher, but not be Widow or Hanzo.

I don't think any sniper character will be useful in this game unless rhey are too good like widow was. The maps are too small and too many cover points, and people are constantly moving theough them.

Antiwhippy

Fly up to them, shoot them at close range and then get out. You could add a physical attack right after the boosters and defence Matrix for emergencies. Remember that it could even defend you against Pharah 's ultimate as well.

That's... pretty much unchanged?

Did they buff her damage or something?

Zemm

I don't really like all the damage boosts in the game now. Zenyatta will be played a lot more, Mercy is now 50%, Ana's ult. I liked how you weren't getting blown up and it was a bit slower dps wise, now I worry the game will turn into a "blow them up or get blown up". On PTR as Roadhog and Zarya I've already felt like they die much much quicker.

Sorry for a dumb question, but since OT3 is closed how can I see the user IDs for friends? I'm level 50 on PS4 because I play with a couple buddies but just started on PC, level 10, and I'm really missing that teamwork.

I lurk more than I post so I'm probably missing something simple. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom