• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamion

I've awakened to the power of the siberian bear.

Seriously, Zarya is a beast, I am having SO much fun with her. Might replace D.Va for my goto tank character. Most of her health being shields and thus regenerating makes for some very tense and awesome moments. Killstreaks like crazy and nothing feels better than shielding a Mercy from an ult.

Now... just have them fix the competetive rank system (seriously, I win 4 matches, don't even gain a rank, lose 2, lose a rank) and I'm happy with Overwatch again for the time being.

LiK

i'm gonna play more rank this week but if i keep seeing enemy players leave and i get punished with shit XP, i'm gonna take a break from it and go back to QP. i think i saw more enemy leavers at rank 50 than when i was in the mid 40's.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel like D.Va's shield needs less time or to be smaller or something IMO. At least her ult is more than just a cute party trick now.

Kamion

Just now:

King's Row Defense. 0-1 because they got the point. We did really well.
Someone screams "dammit" into the mic and leaves. We lose the attack because... well.

They were the underdogs so lost almost the whole rank. And the enemy team didn't get any exp either.

This system is really fucked and needs to be addressed.

Vooduu

Still gonna take some more skill to play her than other tanks though. Her mobility and nd a good healer is still key.

D.Va is my fav. Most hours logged in with her.

LiK

Still gonna take some more skill to play her than other tanks though. Her mobility and nd a good healer is still key.

D.Va is my fav. Most hours logged in with her.

She's super fun even before buff. Can't wait to play her with the changes.

Vitanimus

wow, dva feels so much better to play. being able to block the occasional pharah rocket or junkrat grenade feels good. even better is being able to log regular double/triple kills with her ultimate. ;_;

Kiro

DVa buffs will be fun for sure. But Zenyatta is gonna be the new guy on the block. Better shield, better orbs, better ult.

Sorry for a dumb question, but since OT3 is closed how can I see the user IDs for friends? I'm level 50 on PS4 because I play with a couple buddies but just started on PC, level 10, and I'm really missing that teamwork.

I lurk more than I post so I'm probably missing something simple. Thanks.
It took a while, but I managed to dig the URL back up. Wouldn't hurt if the OP could re-add it to the first post.
As always, quote to unveil:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I hope we get Zarya buffs soon to make up for the VICIOUS and UNECESSARY nerfs to her resulting from making D.Va competitive. Black hole's launch being hitscan when?

being a lucio player i have to watch out for ana. i don't even realize sometimes i'm not being healed so i end up dead and then check my hp bar.

Drewfonse

Wow, just read the PTR patch notes, those are fairly significant changes. I may have to dabble with DVa and Sym now. And I love damage boosting teammates as Mercy, so her damage beam buff is a welcome one.

I wonder when we will see this for consoles?

So I'm doing my placement. What does the message you get when someone on your team quits? It's something like you can quit the game without penalty with a loss.

PatjuhR

So I'm doing my placement. What does the message you get when someone on your team quits? It's something like you can quit the game without penalty with a loss.

You can leave the game without getting a penaly for leaving, but it will still count as a loss.

Speaking off. What is the penalty for leaving?

LiK

Yea, you have a time limit where you can quit without leaver penalty but you get a loss.

You can leave the game without getting a penaly for leaving, but it will still count as a loss.

Speaking off. What is the penalty for leaving?

You get the usual penalty of being unable to play for a while. If you leave too often, you will be banned for the rest of the season.

kaskade

I'm really glad to hear that D.Va is more fun. I always enjoyed playing her. Her Ult seemed really powerful in the beginning but once people learned how to get around it became pretty easy to dodge (unless you got stuck right next to it).

I really don't think there's a hero I don't like playing. I was kind of iffy towards Zarya and Symmetra but once you kinda learn how to play them it becomes much more fun. Especially since they require a different thought process than just shoot whatever comes across your FOV.

Ive been rolling Zenyatta so hard.
Getting gold and alot of compliments for helping push.
Cant wait for the buff to come.

I saw a vid of buffed Zen ulting with Anas amp and the speed he moves at is crazy.

It took a while, but I managed to dig the URL back up. Wouldn't hurt if the OP could re-add it to the first post.
As always, quote to unveil:
Thank you very much! Also thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to accept me and put up with me as I get reacquainted with the game on PC. I will say my aiming is already way better than on PS4.

Permanently A

Too good to be confined to art thread

hJvcWf3.jpg

Yea, you have a time limit where you can quit without leaver penalty but you get a loss.

They should really explain that more in game.

The message is so brief that I left a game because it was the first round of a Lijang Tower game, and two people on my team quit out.

So I figured blizzard was trying to be super nice and let me get away with it. Didn't expect to lose a rank from it...

You get the usual penalty of being unable to play for a while. If you leave too often, you will be banned for the rest of the season.

You're not supposed to leave while its counting down, you're supposed to leave afterwards when it says it's safe.

Spent some time playing Zarya, took me a long while but I am finally getting the hang of her shield timings. I still get too aggressive and underestimate her health though. Causes me to get killed a lot. Definitely can't take the hits like Roadhog or Reinhart.

Her Ult definitely seems to work best as a wombo combo with someone else. Had a great one with a friend playing D.Va last night.

Question though for people better than me; when you use your Graviton Surge and get 3-4+ people grouped into your ult, is it better to use your laser or grenade? I don't seem to have much luck with either, even when at full charge. I seem to kill one person maybe, yet I have seen other Zaryas kill all of them. Maybe I just suck.

mxgt

Banned
Mercy's damage buff being increased makes no sense to me.

She's going to be in every fucking game now, she was in almost every game already and she gets buffed?

I love playing Mercy and all, but cmon.

It's becoming harder and harder to not get mad at this game as the skill level of all players seems to be shifting to both extremes.

I've started getting into the habit of just quitting for the night the moment I lose a game after a nice win streak because continuing to play after that is just asking for more losses to come your way which will lead you to either force yourself to play more to even it out or just stopping on a long losing streak which feels awful.

I should have read this post earlier. I won 5 lost 1 game doing my placement then I thought it'd be a good idea to just knock it out since I was doing so well. Ended losing the other 4 games in a row lol. Ended up placed at 49 then I won a game to get to 50. Think I'll leave it there for now. There was one game where we totally had it in the bag then the game went and kicked everyone at once smh

As far as comparing it to quick play at least the first few games I got were very well organised. More than a few games I saw Mercy + Lucio locked in first which is crazy to me. Only really ran into one knob player in the 10 games which is pretty impressive.

darkwing

Mercy's damage buff being increased makes no sense to me.

She's going to be in every fucking game now, she was in almost every game already and she gets buffed?

I love playing Mercy and all, but cmon.

the buff can be small as 5% though, does anyone have a number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom