• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

Why do people insist on ignoring turrets sometimes?

Fuck sake.

If they are no immediate danger for the objective, I ignore them as well as snipers. Why should I care about a Widow or turret that has no line of sight to the capture point and our team is in possession.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay, I might get the D.va laughing emote too.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

duckroll

I feel that it's about time they revamp the social wheel in Overwatch. One emote you can equip is nonsense. There's not reason why we should be forced to choose between having an action emote, a laughing emote, or a sitting emote, since they're useful for different situations. It's time to have an emote wheel Blizzard!

TrueBlue

Argh I dunno man. There was a turret on Volskaya B that stopped any approach and no one seemed to be trying to nail it.

As soon as I got near to doing so, Molten Core was of course activated :lol

Auctopus

I feel that it's about time they revamp the social wheel in Overwatch. One emote you can equip is nonsense. There's not reason why we should be forced to choose between having an action emote, a laughing emote, or a sitting emote, since they're useful for different situations. It's time to have an emote wheel Blizzard!

I think the social wheel is getting a revamp at some point soon seeing as there's been new commands and reactions datamined like Mercy saying "Sorry!".

Azoor

You mean like Dark Souls? That would be awesome actually.

Sn4ke_911

They already said they have plans for that.

duckroll

I think the social wheel is getting a revamp at some point soon seeing as there's been new commands and reactions datamined like Mercy saying "Sorry!".

Well Mei also has her infamous "sorry x4" voice line. And that's just a normal voice line you have to buy!

ekim

Argh I dunno man. There was a turret on Volskaya B that stopped any approach and no one seemed to be trying to nail it.

As soon as I got near to doing so, Molten Core was of course activated :lol

In this case, I would temporarily switch to something to take care of the turret (and it's owner)

Sn4ke_911

See what you've done, Blizzard? see that?

2016-09-0211_54_45-ov5gb1w.png

duckroll

Has anyone run into the new map on Comp yet? Wonder what it's like considering it could well be the first time some people play the map when they get into it in a Comp game today. Lol.

maouvin

Has anyone run into the new map on Comp yet? Wonder what it's like considering it could well be the first time some people play the map when they get into it in a Comp game today. Lol.

My first 2 placement matches were on Eichenwalde. From what people talked before match most did at least try it a few times on PTR, so they knew about the various routes and chokes.
Not that I've seen great use of the flank routes, of course. My Eichenwalde Brawl matches have been more interesting.

Both matches didn't make it into the castle though :p

Let's all just stick to the brawls!

This guy gets it.

R0ckman

My bad, I confused you with R0ckman. I wasn't dumping on consoles, either, I was just stating facts. I accused someone of using mouse and keyboard just a couple hours ago and they responded with:

JCEyGQC.png

It seems common enough at higher levels of play.

Pretty sure that's sarcasm.

I said I think Analog is better than WASD, because you have less fluid control of the character. Thats why people created nun chuck analog sticks to replace the keyboard portion. Mouse is fine.

Skii

Just wait a few days guys seriously.

I'll be pubbing in qp at the mean time with my lovely mei buffs.

Yeah I dont know why people are so eager to get into competitive. Your placement matches are your best chance of getting the rank you want with the least amount of work.

I guess it's blizzards fault to roll out a patch that changes numerous characters significantly, an entirely new map and competitive all at the same time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also remember this season is 3 months long and you don't drop out of your rank grouping.

So don't stress out that much.

Hmm, there are already complaints about Supports still placing lower than their counter parts at dps/tank.

Not sure if I should believe them and assume it's because of their lowish mmr or other stipulations. Blizzard did say they fixed the issues regarding the supports and Junkrat placing substantially lower than others.

Why does the placement MM feel worse than my QP?
Because it's not as tight. It's deliberately variable so you can get put up against different kinds of teams.

Reminder that 10 games is a terrible sample size for anything and not to stress out about where you are until you've played 50+ games.

R0ckman

Apparently there is a new thing where a player will instalock key characters like Lucio and sit in spawn until inactive warning then go out die repeat. Someone on the official forums said they got it three times?

So you lose a player AND the ability to choose a good character? What the hell is wrong with these people?

ekim

Apparently there is a new thing where a player will instalock key characters like Lucio and sit in spawn until inactive warning then go out die repeat. Someone on the official forums said they got it three times?

So you lose a player AND the ability to choose a good character? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Why should you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom