• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the closest is with some Top 500s on PS4 who murdered our group like some Tracer who was just insane. Killcams for some characters moves so fast and were pinpoint accurate, It made me wonder. Then I heard about players being able to trick the game and use it on PS4. Wouldn't be surprised if they were using MKB.

I've been told there's some kind of bluetooth phone app that lets you trick the game into thinking KB/M is a controller.

ramyeon

I've been told there's some kind of bluetooth phone app that lets you trick the game into thinking KB/M is a controller.
There are third party accessories that let you do it, like USB dongles that connect to your PC and let you rebind keys on the KBM to those of a PS4 controller.

I've never had an overwhelming feeling of 'this dude has aim that is way too good, he must be using kb+m' I really don't think it's very rampant but if it it then I don't think it's as big a deal as the master race likes to say it is.

I've never had an overwhelming feeling of 'this dude has aim that is way too good, he must be using kb+m' I really don't think it's very rampant but if it it then I don't think it's as big a deal as the master race likes to say it is.

I've seen at least one. It wasn't that his aim was really good, but rather just that aiming with a stick doesn't look like that.

Oh, my sweet summer child.
I personally hate it can't stand moving with wasd and clicking instead of pulling a trigger to shoot. But it obviously doesn't just absolutely wreck people using a controller or it would be a much more serious problem OR the original poster was grossly over exaggerating how many people are using it (which is my guess)

Jarate

Banned
People who use mouse and keyboards on consoles are cowards. Plain and simple. If you want to play Overwatch so bad with a M + KB, then why are you playing it on a console?

It's like me boxing middle schoolers. Yeah there may be a huge one with an overactive pituitary gland who could beat me, but im going to be so much better then 99% of them.

LiK

kinda wish i saved the match with that Top 500 Tracer. motherfucker was unstoppable. i checked his profile and his most played was actually Genji.

Ghazi

I personally hate it can't stand moving with wasd and clicking instead of pulling a trigger to shoot. But it obviously doesn't just absolutely wreck people using a controller or it would be a much more serious problem OR the original poster was grossly over exaggerating how many people are using it (which is my guess)

That's just your preference, it doesn't mean that mouse & keyboard isn't better than controllers when it comes to shooters (spoiler: it is). As someone has already mentioned, the precision that m/kb offers over controllers is the reason that cross platform with PC isn't a thing for most shooters. The games that do offer cross platform are games where this advantage would not exist, i.e. Forza Horizon 3, Street Fighter V, Rocket League, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.

I play Overwatch on both PS4 and PC, and as someone who has spent the last eight years playing console games exclusively, once I got used to m/kb I can tell how much better is and I perform considerably better PC than on console because of it.

LiK

i used to be a hardcore CS 1.6 player. i know that KBM will always trump gamepads for FPS. just hate playing with KBM these days.i use KBM at work all fucking day. lol

That's just your preference, it doesn't mean that mouse & keyboard isn't better than controllers when it comes to shooters (spoiler: it is). As someone has already mentioned, the precision that m/kb offers over controllers is the reason that cross platform with PC isn't a thing for most shooters. The games that do offer this are games where this advantage would not exist, i.e. Forza Horizon 3, Street Fighter V, Rocket League, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.

I play Overwatch on both PS4 and PC, and as someone who has spent the last eight years playing console games exclusively, once I got used to m/kb I can tell how much better is and I perform considerably better PC than on console because of it.

Are you guys even reading my posts or just trying to dump on consoles? I never once said controller was better.

NimbusD

Welcome to ELO hell!

It's not that bad.

Lol, that's not a bad rank. Try getting stuck in the 30's in season 1. :(

So far 3 wins, 1 loss. The loss was out of my group's control, we were with a guy playing reinhardt who would run up to the choke and put his shield up.... when he was alone.... other team was too good to be able to win with someone like that, and the other person was an anna who just wasn't great at healing or putting people to sleep like she needed to.

But my group did really well considering. I'm really happy with how decent I've gotten at this game. If ptr were correct, I'd be heading straight for platinum, if not better. But basing off of the ptr patch blizz put out, I think it takes last season into consideration and it's not going to be kind to me. Just really hope I don't end up at a level where I have to beg peopel to do sensible things like back the fuck off when it's just you and the whole enemy team..

EDIT: also won one comp game with a player down, one person in my group's computer crashed, he made it back at the very end, but we had the match anyway, was pretty happy with that, it was hard.

Had some good matches with some GAFers tonight. I'll never forget us managing to take the first point of Anubis on attack with an all Torbjorn team. On console. Never forget our accomplishments.

Also, I guess they changed the ranking system/points because on Overbuff I went from 80th percentile with Symmetra and Junkrat to 96th and 94th, respectively. Don't know what they changed, but if it makes me look better I'll take it!

Veelk

Banned
Honestly, I'd just like to use the steam controller for PS4. I don't really need an aiming advantage or whatever, but having two extra shoulder buttons that would help a lot with some characters by keeping all the abilities at the tip of my fingers. It took me forever to get used to hitting X to dash on genji, and I still think it can sometimes fuck me over by not being instanteous like it would be with a shoulder button.

Greddleok

That's super lame that people feel the need to cheat to get high ranks.

It makes me want to hook up a KBM to even the playing field.

Had some good matches with some GAFers tonight. I'll never forget us managing to take the first point of Anubis on attack with an all Torbjorn team. On console. Never forget our accomplishments.

Also, I guess they changed the ranking system/points because on Overbuff I went from 80th percentile with Symmetra and Junkrat to 96th and 94th, respectively. Don't know what they changed, but if it makes me look better I'll take it!
Pretty sure Overbuff is just fucked right now. Unless they implemented a new algorithm that decided I went from the 96th percentile on Tracer to the 32nd. And all my other character are in the 30's or below too.

Ghazi

Are you guys even reading my posts or just trying to dump on consoles? I never once said controller was better.

My bad, I confused you with R0ckman. I wasn't dumping on consoles, either, I was just stating facts. I accused someone of using mouse and keyboard just a couple hours ago and they responded with:

JCEyGQC.png

It seems common enough at higher levels of play.

Glad we agree
Pretty sure that's sarcasm.

Pretty sure Overbuff is just fucked right now. Unless they implemented a new algorithm that decided I went from the 96th percentile on Tracer to the 32nd. And all my other character are in the 30's or below too.

Yeah, you can't even select competitive anymore. I guess with Blizzard switching up the system it might have borked the site. Ah well. I'll bask in glory while I can, even if it is false glory!

Annnnnnd it changed and shot me up on every character. 658 Ana on ps4, 97th percent tracer 86% Zarya. Wtf

***they did change the the overall 'score' for each character which determined your rank, used to be a number in the hundreds, now it's thousands, so maybe they found something better? Hopefully, because this new algorithm loves me.

Played 8 placement matches with a friend, 6 wins, 1 loss and a draw. The last game went 5 rounds and probably 45 minutes but we somehow managed to win it in the end. The matches have felt a lot more even to me, but maybe I'm just imagining things. Either way, so glad to have competitive back.

Annnnnnd it changed and shot me up on every character. 658 Ana on ps4, 97th percent tracer 86% Zarya. Wtf

***they did change the the overall 'score' for each character which determined your rank, used to be a number in the hundreds, now it's thousands, so maybe they found something better? Hopefully, because this new algorithm loves me.

#508 Mei, #753 Winston, and #692 Ana.

Am I allowed to say I'm good at this video game now?

NimbusD

Yeah looks like overbuff and masteroverwatch are both fucked right now. Dont think they were prepared for the new comp and blizz got rid of some data.

Jellie

The stats didn't change though right? Just the score thing did. Weird.

Probably not permanent though if they lost data.
Reread it and it sounds like they lost the number of games lost stat not the actual stats for them.

Either way I'm going to immortalise my Lucio in case it's not permanent.
pGV9Z3Y.png

xaosslug

96% Torb, 93% Zenny, 92% D.Va, 90% S76, 87% Genji, 84% Symm, 76% Satan, 72% Junkrat, 70% Reapmeister

well damn. I don't even really play Genji, S76, or Satan seriously, tho. And I don't hardly pull Torb anymore. I'm 58% Pharah and would really like to get better, tbh. :/

Fantomex

As a noob whose only been playing for 2 weeks I just wanna say. Thank you based Lucio. I'm in D.Va killing mans left and right. Don't even know why My hands are shaking. But I'm still shootin,

boom-headshot-o.gif

"Rampant" is not the term I would use in the case of Overwatch, unless it's only super common at really high levels or something.

It is insanely common in Battlefield, Call of Duty and Rainbow 6, I can't imagine Overwatch being much different. The only exception is probably Halo due to how the game's movement and aim mechanics work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom