• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
༼ つ ͠ಠ益ಠ༽つ ༼ つ ͠ಠ益ಠ༽つ ༼ つ ͠ಠ益ಠ༽つ

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"You know brother... we really are the last of us."

brgb8exzfxoz.gif

༼ つ ͠ಠ益ಠ༽つ
WHERE
IS
THE
PS4
PATCH
༼ つ ͠ಠ益ಠ༽つ

Trust me, you as a Genji main don't want this patch.

That nerf is actually not too bad, a bunch of whining over nothing.

LiK

i think if the patch doesn't come out by the i get home, i'm gonna try hardcore to get the Zen Discord trophy. I suck with Zen so it'll probably won't go well. also need to test out my new SCUF controller anyway.

Sn4ke_911

As much as I wish they'd left genjis triple jump in, shurikens being so much easier to land feels like a pretty sweet buff.

Did they buff the shurikens hitbox? because there is nothing in the patch notes.

I wouldn't call it not that bad when even Shadder said that the new Genji combo is to press H to switch to another hero lol

Eh what a drama queen, just today a Genji rekt half of the team in quick play.

Just git gud and git used to the changes.

It's really not that bad. I played Genji today too.

Kinda disappointed with my placement (SR2459), but I only went 5-5, I guess. And I was placed lower last season and climbed like 15 ranks, so I think Diamond will still be my goal for the season. I reckon I can get to Platinum in a few more games with a little luck.

_Legacy_

Wait, the patch hasn't hit PS4 yet? Man I'd be raging.

Think my team will wait and start placement matches on the weekend, it could be clusterfuck right now.

Skii

Why are my quick ranks in Overbuff significantly higher than yesterday? Did everyone collectively suck that badly overnight that I shot up by 10%? lol.

Why are my quick ranks in Overbuff significantly higher than yesterday? Did everyone collectively suck that badly overnight that I shot up by 10%? lol.
There's been some weird data changes. Apparently Blizzard's data no longer includes defeats? All of my quick rankings dropped like 60%, for whatever reason.

On Master Overwatch, every stat I have is now in the bottom 1%, apparently.

-_______-

On the plus side, my winrate with every hero is now 100%.

Rad-

Just learned that they finally fixed the console auto aim "bug". It's about time.

So I guess you could say that's a further Genji nerf. Pharah nerf as well.

Like, all my heroes went down by 10-20% except Roadhog. Why should losses not count towards your skill? I didn't realize that I wasn't actually playing in those games for it to add to my skill rating.

Well, I guess I'm done using those sites until that gets reverted back.

Time for my placement match report. I had one of the worst string of matches I have ever had in this game in a long time. Team compositions were absolutely terrible and communication was non-existent. I ended up filling as tank or support in 80% of my matches and even then we still had a lot of solo healer and solo tank comps. Feels bad man. I need to become the asshole DPS that auto locks at the start and refuses to switch because if other people aren't going to attempt to address the team composition then we were probably destined to fail anyway.

Just to give an idea of how my night went, one loss was due to a leaver in the middle of the first round who was fighting with someone on our team because they wanted him to switch because he wasn't performing. Things got heated and he said he would rather take the penalty then play with that dude so he just left even though we were steadily moving the payload on our way to a victory, despite both players constantly stopping mid combat to bitch at each other. I had another match where the player never loaded into the game (portrait never loaded) but it never ended the match so it was 6v5 the entire time. We fought hard but it was impossible. The other team just kept apologizing... I think the person might have left before the match started but the server never updated or something. Those two especially hurt because I felt like we would have had a good chance at winning. I also lost a few heart breaking final round matches despite bad teams where we lost on defense in the last 10-30 seconds. It was painful.

...and those were some of the better matches. :|

Map rotation was also kind of bad. I never saw Ilios, Eichenwalde, Ljiang, or Hanamura.

I ended up going 2/10 and placed just over 2100 Gold. This was actually much better than I expected based on those placement matches so I guess the game might be factoring individual skill more than last season. I feel like platinum is easily obtainable from this point but will probably need to group with some people for any hope at Diamond. My individual performance felt strong in every single match so I'm still feeling pretty positive overall and will play a bunch this weekend to try and climb.

I checked around on Reddit out of curiosity and see a lot of S1 players placing well below their expectations based on prior rank. Definitely not the only one getting bad matches. Hopefully will have a better time this weekend but something tells me it might get even worse.

Nazo

Just noticed that too. I'm not sure how or why but I'm suddenly ranked 60 with Reaper. As cool as that is it doesn't seem right. The new patch must have screwed with their algorithms.

Edit: Just noticed my other hero's went down like 10%. Weird that my Reaper went up so dramatically.

Just learned that they finally fixed the console auto aim "bug". It's about time.

So I guess you could say that's a further Genji nerf. Pharah nerf as well.
Hope this doesn't make Pharah unviable, she already has more counters that most of the DPS characters.

Eh what a drama queen, just today a Genji rekt half of the team in quick play.

Just git gud and git used to the changes.

It's really not that bad. I played Genji today too.
Maybe you should git gud and kill Genji.

Of course a good Genji is still going to do good. They are masters at that class, no nerf is going to change that, but you were the one who said Genji was fine by showing Shadder, the best fucking Genji in the world, doing amazing.

So how come when I use Shadder for my example, I'm a drama queen lol.

And I remember you saying not too long ago that you barely played Genji, so you haven't fully learned his ways and this isn't going to affect you as much as us Genjis who have put hours into him and have actually gotten good with triple jump and combo.

kaskade

This game doesn't carry progress between consoles and PC right? The last person in our group might be building a PC and we'd like to switch over. It's going to kind of suck losing out on the skins I have if it doesn't though. Especially the summer games stuff.

I'm glad it seems like that aim assist issue is fixed in the meantime though.

This game doesn't carry progress between consoles and PC right? The last person in our group might be building a PC and we'd like to switch over. It's going to kind of suck losing out on the skins I have if it doesn't though. Especially the summer games stuff.

Nope. You'll be starting fresh.

X-Frame

can you explain this bug to me and why it's bad for Pharah?

Basically harder to hit characters will be easier to hit once the aiming doesn't feel so poor and sloppy, which is helped by them first fixing aim assist but there are other aiming issues they still need to address like input lag and acceleration.

LiK

There are some gifs in this post that illustrate it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4yg79m/the_broken_aim_assist_on_console_discussion_and/
To me it looks instead of aim assist moving up to meet the jumping/hovering character it would reset to below them, making it even harder to land shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g1JVnLRvi4

basically when a character jumps the aim assist would push in the opposite direction. i assume it's bad for pharah because it means when she's flying around the aim assist will work correctly.

Basically harder to hit characters will be easier to hit once the aiming doesn't feel so poor and sloppy, which is helped by them first fixing aim assist but there are other aiming issues they still need to address like input lag and acceleration.

i'm still confused. will watch the video and read reddit when i get home. i mean, i guess i can turn off aim assist for her.

yea, nothing carries over which is why i haven't bothered double dipping.

I was hoping they wouldn't go forward with the "triple" jump nerf, but I guess I was wrong. After so many hours spent on Genji it's gonna feel really weird.

Btw, they removed the season 1 stats from overbuff. It would be cool if they didn't remove them and just separate the competitive tab by seasons
especially because my QP stats are trash lol

Sn4ke_911

Maybe you should git gud and kill Genji.

Of course a good Genji is still going to do good. They are masters at that class, no nerf is going to change that, but you were the one who said Genji was fine by showing Shadder, the best fucking Genji in the world, doing amazing.

So how come when I use Shadder for my example, I'm a drama queen lol.

And I remember you saying not too long ago that you barely played Genji, so you haven't fully learned his ways and this isn't going to affect you as much as us Genjis who have put hours into him and have actually gotten good with triple jump and combo.

Jeez im getting a bit tired arguing with you especially when you misunderstand my posts. Why should you be the drama queen? i'm talking about shadder.

I mean of course he and all the other Genji mains cry that their OP as fuck hero can't 1vs6 anymore, what did you expect? but saying he's unplayable now is a fucking joke, all Blizzard did was brought him back to earth.

And everyone that isn't a Genji main agrees that he was OP as hell and needed a nerf.

Guys, the Overbuff "quick ranking" is garbage even when their site/data is working. Just ignore it.
Well yeah, but now everything else is messed up because none of them count your losses, which are a huge portion of you games and really affect your stats. There is no reason why the stats shouldn't count losses as well.

Rad-

What exactly was wrong with the aim assist in the first place?

Quote from Blizzard forums that pretty much says it:

TL; DR: I found an error in the aim assist that basically switches corrections for up and down (I will go into more depth) so when somebody moves up your aim moves down and vice versa. (So you can pretty much cheat by spamming jump, especially with genji and phara)

You could abuse it with any hero but it was the worst with Genji.

i'm still confused. will watch the video and read reddit when i get home. i mean, i guess i can turn off aim assist for her.

yea, nothing carries over which is why i haven't bothered double dipping.

No, it's something done towards her.

On PS4 right now, there is a bug that pushes your cursor away from a character when the character moves vertically.

Since most characters stay on the ground, this isn't a big deal. But characters who use vertically a lot mean they are getting an advantage to their surviviability because the game is litereally trying to push away guns from aiming at them.

So targetting a jumping Genji, a boosting Pharah, or a climbing Hanzo was extra difficult.

Jeez im getting a bit tired arguing with you especially when you misunderstand my posts. Why should you be the drama queen? i'm talking about shadder.

I mean of course he and all the other Genji mains cry that their OP as fuck hero can't 1vs6 anymore, what did you expect? but saying he's unplayable now is a fucking joke, all Blizzard did was brought him back to earth.
So first, you were using Shadder as example of why Genji is still good.

But when he says otherwise, he's a drama queen? Lol, I can't take you seriously anymore.

And if you don't want me misunderstanding your posts, maybe make it more obvious that you were pointing that out to Shadder and not me because it looked like that was aimed at me.

Well yeah, but now everything else is messed up because none of them count your losses, which are a huge portion of you games and really affect your stats. There is no reason why the stats shouldn't count losses as well.
I think Blizzard should work with the stats site guys to make things work as well as possible, to be honest. I understand that part of their design philosophy is to hide a lot of performance tracking to discourage toxicity and make everyone find something rewarding in the game.

But some of us want the cold hard numbers, damn it.

LiK

No, it's something done towards her.

On PS4 right now, there is a bug that pushes your cursor away from a character when the character moves vertically.

Since most characters stay on the ground, this isn't a big deal. But characters who use vertically a lot mean they are getting an advantage to their surviviability because the game is litereally trying to push away guns from aiming at them.

So targetting a jumping Genji, a boosting Pharah, or a climbing Hanzo was extra difficult.

oh ok, so easier to kill them.

Overbuff seems to have changed its quick ranks. My Zarya jumped but my Torb and Bastion dropped by 20 points.
Stats sites are broken because Blizzard did something on their end with the latest patch.

God, I wonder how much of this Genji nerf lies at the feet of people not being able to hit him on console, in part because of a bug...

Blizzard, please put the jump reset back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom