• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you quoted a semi old post there lol.

Well, I have nothing wrong with trying to do whatever you can to win, but if the other team has 3 Winston counters, and only one person that Winston actually counters(Genji) than you're probably better off staying Lucio and supporting the team. But, it's QP, do what you want to do, I just get annoyed over silly things.

Oh no worries, I was genuinely interested in what to do. We were getting mauled, and everyone was scattered, so my Lucio was doing no good (I play a Heal, Defend, Harass Lucio). I just got frustrated, I guess. Plus I really am trying to get better with Winston, so any practice is a good idea.

I guess my question is: what was wrong with taking Lucio? Should I go Mercy in that situation (I'm just okay with her)? Why?

give D.Va a Gundam w/ a laser sword & guns that do the same damage as her pistol, plz.

Or let us start out of our mek, and get in during the planning stage if we want, or stay out and potshot from the spawn if we don't. So many Meis and Hanzos and Widowmakers and Junkrats would be dead if I could that.

Just played an hour on the new stage and it's really good. A lot of flanking paths so choke points aren't as common as some of the other maps. It feels like a KOTH stage in a way.

Oh and the new Reinhart skins are sick.

It is insanely common in Battlefield, Call of Duty and Rainbow 6, I can't imagine Overwatch being much different. The only exception is probably Halo due to how the game's movement and aim mechanics work.

PC is the lead platform for Overwatch, so I imagine most people would just play that version instead of going out of their way to use M/KB on console.

It's probably about as common as cheaters in the PC version. Like, sure it's technically a thing that some people do, but not any sort of super widespread issue.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A less cynical version is probably that the PS4 is what they could afford instead of a gaming PC, and they still want to use KBM?

A less cynical version is probably that the PS4 is what they could afford instead of a gaming PC, and they still want to use KBM?

You don't need a super strong PC to run Overwatch, and I can't imagine someone preferring M/KB if they don't already usually play on PC. I'm sure they realize that it's basically cheating.

Solo comp doing placement matches

First match: team of randoms (including me) against 2 premade groups :), we lose.

Second match: team of randoms (including me) against a premade of 5 :), 3 on my team leave, we lose :)

bnCsZNG.gif

Back to brawl.

People rage quitting because the first minute hasn't quite gone their way.

Coming up against teams of 2 groups of 3 when my side has all solo players.

How I've missed competitive mode.

ekim

The constraint of being not able to team up with players +-500 of your own rank applies to your current rank and not your highest achieved tier, right?

PC is the lead platform for Overwatch, so I imagine most people would just play that version instead of going out of their way to use M/KB on console.

It's probably about as common as cheaters in the PC version. Like, sure it's technically a thing that some people do, but not any sort of super widespread issue.

You don't need a super strong PC to run Overwatch, and I can't imagine someone preferring M/KB if they don't already usually play on PC. I'm sure they realize that it's basically cheating.

That's probably fair reasons. But some people just want to see the world burn I guess.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Two snipers on attack, both useless as fuck.

I'm done with comp, i can't deal with this shit anymore.

Aaaaand we've transitioned from complaining about QP to complaining about competitive. :p

I've never had a problem with Quick Play. We all know what we're getting there. Quick Play is basically a mode to piss about in. Try out new characters and new techniques. I have no problem with Quick Play.

I do have a problem, though, with losing in Competitive Mode because people on my team quit and the rest of us are completely up against it from that point on. Just add an AI character! I do have a problem with being matched against a group of people who have each been promoted over 3 times whilst the highest ranked player in my team - a team full of randoms mind you - is a one star. Give us solo queue and team queue options. Is that really asking too much?

duckroll

I don't understand the masochistic appeal of wanting to rush into Comp solo and then crying at how bad the random team is. Why not just wait until friends are free, arrange a time to play together, and do placements that way?

Pooya

I don't understand the masochistic appeal of wanting to rush into Comp solo and then crying at how bad the random team is. Why not just wait until friends are free, arrange a time to play together, and do placements that way?

what if one has no friends...

my friend list are not playing anymore for some time now, they're playing wow...

Squire

Banned

Yeah, it really shouldn't take more than season 1 to learn that lesson. Solo queuing comp just isn't worth it.

Playing Hanzo feels like starting all over with learning him again which is both exciting and frustrating. My muscle memory is completely out of wack because it's use to the slow arrow. Had some nice games with him though curiously enough I got threatened with a "I'm gonna walk down mid and feed" terrorist when picking him again. Guess he's gonna carry that bad rap forever. Which suits my hipster nature just fine.

The early days of comp are always gonna be weird because you'll get people who want to try it out but aren't interested in it for the long term. Most people play in quickplay and won't give a hoot if they get banned for the season by leaving or trolling.

Sn4ke_911

Wow, Hanzo feels much better now.

Having a blast with him.

i hanjo

KiraFA37

Off course the update goes live just as I log off. Guess tonight might be placement night! Any gaffers wanna group up later today (8-9 CEST)

I think I got an request from that name as well but I tried accepting it and it told me they had too many friends. Couldn't find it on the spreadsheet either so I don't know who it could possibly be.

Ahh thanks, I'll put him under "possible GAF".

Maddocks

I was so close to diamond. 2485. But now im around 2460-70. Haven't checked my last match as I left soon after.

This is the season I play season 2 almost exclusively, since it has so many tiers, really no pressure and I just want the gold weapon.

Jellie

When I encountered you it didn't seem that bad if that's indicative of anything.
Was my end only. Aussie servers don't like UK people on them. I went 9-1 in Anubis and 12-1 in Hollywood so didn't get too many eliminations compared to others on my team but I guess I did join later. As soon as I solo queued I got put up against a 4 man level 400+ top 500 team on route 66.
We won in overtime. Went 32-6 😃

Moonkid

Was my end only. Aussie servers don't like UK people on them. I went 9-1 in Anubis and 12-1 in Hollywood so didn't get too many eliminations compared to others on my team but I guess I did join later. As soon as I solo queued I got put up against a 4 man level 400+ top 500 team on route 66.
We won in overtime. Went 32-6 😃
I'm actually just over in NZ haha, the plot thickens *_*

That's still a great k/d though, decent as! I really should work on minimizing deaths and being more conservative with my lives.

Jellie

I'm actually just over in NZ haha, the plot thickens *_*

That's still a great k/d though, decent as! I really should work on minimizing deaths and being more conservative with my lives.
Close enough.

Low kills and low deaths just suggests you didn't do much all game or the game didn't last long. But in this example I didn't contribute.

Sn4ke_911

Exciting times

New sitting poses, laughing emotes, legendary skins and emotes to look forward to in lootboxes.

Hypu

ekim

My friends probably only have time for ranked on the Weekends for Season 2.
So if anyone wants to climb the ladder with me in a more serious way on PC or a group still having a spare slot, just add me.

ekim#21760
EU Region
Located in Germany
I strongly prefer to play with people in comp with voice chat.

I'm very confident in playing these chars:
- Soldier 76
- Junkrat
- D.Va
- Winston
- Lucio

Less so, but still good with:
- McCree
- Pharah
- Tracer
- Hanzo (still have to adapt to the changes)
- Roadhog
- Zenyatta

Not really good, not really bad with:
- Genji
- Reaper
- Bastion
- Zarya
- Mercy

Scrub tier:
- Mei
- Torb
- Widowmaker
- Reinhardt
- Ana
- Symmetra

Season One didn't go too good for me mainly due to playing solo Q after my placement matches which tanked my rank to 43 but in the last week I got back up to 50.

edit: last time I asked for players here, people weren't able to add me for some reason. So if you have trouble, shoot me a PM.

Comp Story
Beat enemy team at Gibraltar in first round in a smooth push, one of the enemy rage-quit. Then teammates got cocky, one of them even starts playing Hanzo. We lost the game 6v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom