• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, I haven't really checked out Zarya yet but that definitely makes sense now that I think about it just going from other players.

Seems like I should be good to go with Reinhardt.

Reinhardt-bad_back.gif

Prelude.

Same designer, same thread
Interesting that they're actually open to drastically change their abilities, I thought D.Va's defense matrix was their maximum extent, i.e. keep the same ability but tweak it.

But yeah, if they want to improve the support section they should just look at Lucio and start making them more appealing compared to him. He's the complete package, he's slippery as fuck, he can heal reliably, he has the speed boost, his lmb is not great but he can still focus on dealing damage while he passively heals, he can boop, and he has a powerful ult that works on both offense and defense, there's just no good reason to pick someone else over him right now. And I don't even think they should nerf him, I just don't see why the rest of the supports should be so limited in their scope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While Mei currently doesn't see a ton of tournament or competitive play,

she sees more competitive and tournament play than hanzo, torbjorn and bastion. maybe say something about them first

I-hate-u

Great OT title.

From previous thread,
Anne said:
Alter speedboost. I've said it many times before, I'll say it again. Speeboost giving 30% passive and 110% amped is too much. Reduce that by a wide margin and see what happens. If it does somehow make him unplayable (I doubt that it will) then we can better understand how to work with his tools. His speedboost has never been touched so we don't know enough about how he works without it being stupid strong.

Even if they nerf speed boost like that, I still think he will always be picked. That is maybe unless they give Anna or Mercy speed boosting capabilities also.

-------

Can't wait for the inevitable defense hero buffs. The Mei meta will dawn upon us with glory.

Anne

Great OT title.

From previous thread,

Even if they nerf speed boost like that, I still think he will always be picked. That is maybe unless they give Anna or Mercy speed boosting capabilities also.

-------

Can't wait for the inevitable defense hero buffs. The Mei meta will dawn upon us with glory.

I think he'll still be really good, but losing speedboost power opens up the game for other strats besides Lucio blitzing every fight. My goal isn't to have Lucio be bad. I want other strats that don't involve speedboost to have room to exist.

WhyMe6

i'm in a comp match with sym, torb, bastion, and ana

send help plz

I was in an incredibly fun comp match we won the other day with a Torb and Sym on Anubis defence. I was Zen behind Rein's shield and basically nobody got past the first chokepoint (the few that got through died really quickly).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hanzo needs a quicker draw
Bastion needs to be completely reworked
Mei's spray needs a wider arc
Symmetra needs faster ball speed
Torbjorn's turret needs to upgrade faster
Tracer needs to be deleted

These are my changes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I want her ice spray to have increased width and decreased length actually.

Make it like a shotgun AoE thing.

Anne

I don't want Mei to be able to CC multiple people like that, that sounds extremely scary and way too good ;~;

edit: The cone I mean. I like those ult changes.

Man it is miserable at L21 in QP. No coordination, only tank a DVa soloing off in some corner by herself dying repeatedly, no healer. I should just give up on playing anyone but Reinhardt or Lucio.

I-hate-u

I think he'll still be really good, but losing speedboost power opens up the game for other strats besides Lucio blitzing every fight. My goal isn't to have Lucio be bad. I want other strats that don't involve speedboost to have room to exist.
Hopefully Blizzard is listening.

Hanzo needs a quicker draw
Bastion needs to be completely reworked
Mei's spray needs a wider arc
Symmetra needs faster ball speed
Torbjorn's turret needs to upgrade faster
Tracer needs to be deleted

These are my changes

7f5.gif

Beckx

I was in an incredibly fun comp match we won the other day with a Torb and Sym on Anubis defence. I was Zen behind Rein's shield and basically nobody got past the first chokepoint (the few that got through died really quickly).

this team did absolutely horribly, but then everyone got sanity at the same time w/o talking, switched to a better mix, and it turned out really fun

Soulflarz

Banned
lolol finally had a bad day with randoms, got grouped with low 60s and we went 0-3 XD

250->500 about, loool

what a shitshow the 60s are X_X

(Not trying to be mean to anyone 60s, it's just 60s->70s is like an ocean apart in how people play)

edit: why does the game allow 50s to play with 60s and 60s with 70s

the skill difference is ridiculous that one premade has an average at 72 and the other has an average of 61, it's basically an acknowledgement the 65s will body the low 60s and the 70s can't carry that hard.

All that leads to is a new meta and more people complaining.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've ran into quite a few, but yeah, isn't the pro scene of most esports dominated by males anyway?

I mean you can notice it

Games and gamers can try and be more inclusive, but sexism/"no girls!" logic still applies and you regularly see girls annoyed about it or never even get into things that would start them towards esports. Obviously not a law of games or anything but it's sad it's still so much a thing.

Anne

All that leads to is a new meta and more people complaining.

depends. New meta might be more open than now. There will always be a meta. There will always be complaining. I just want a meta more open than what we have now.

I've ran into quite a few, but yeah, isn't the pro scene of most esports dominated by males anyway?

I work in esports so I guess I can kinda answer this? There aren't a lot of women in the major scenes yet because of the roots of esports. There are also still a bunch of guys who won't take women in esports seriously. That's a whole nother thread, but Overwatch esports is having a not uncommon diversity issue right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean you can notice it

Games and gamers can try and be more inclusive, but sexism/"no girls!" logic still applies and you regularly see girls annoyed about it or never even get into things that would start them towards esports. Obviously not a law of games or anything but it's sad it's still so much a thing.

Reminds me of that korean female zarya player who was accused of cheating.

How is she nowadays? Hopefully still dominating with zarya.

Soulflarz

Banned
depends. New meta might be more open than now. There will always be a meta. There will always be complaining. I just want a meta more open than what we have now.

If it doesn't this game can only go so far imho.

Reminds me of that korean female zarya player who was accused of cheating.

How is she nowadays? Hopefully still dominating with zarya.

Completely cleared by blizz and still doing strong last I heard.
But yeah I remember from hearing about it more people mentioned she was a girl (gasp) then the fact she was accused of being a cheater.

But things change all the time without removing abilities. No one played Zen now he's viable. And now we have people trying to nerf discord. HAHA

Zen got buffed out the ass though. Discord got significantly buffed itself.

This seems like a troll.

It's not a troll. The point being no matter the buffs or nerfs someone will take to the boards and complain. It's human nature and a never ending cycle.

No one here should claim to know how to balance this with any certainty.

Anne

It's not a troll. The point being no matter the buffs or nerfs someone will take to the boards and complain. It's human nature and a never ending cycle.

No one here should claim to know how to balance this with any certainty.

I already said there will be a new meta and people will complain. You just keep balancing until the meta is "good enough" that there can be decent enough diversity and strats. Of course nobody knows for certain what's up, but we do have a decent idea of a direction that might be good to go in?

I already said there will be a new meta and people will complain. You just keep balancing until the meta is "good enough" that there can be decent enough diversity and strats. Of course nobody knows for certain what's up, but we do have a decent idea of a direction that might be good to go in?

Outright removing speed boost tells.me.no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom