• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I like that better tbh. Keep us figuring out the hidden secrets instead of just flat out releasing her. If she's a stealth character, it makes sense that they would make figuring her out a puzzle because a stealth character is supposed to, you know, be hidden.

Very true. I hope that's how they implement her in the game as well. Instead of having her be on the Hero Select, you have to find a hidden sequence that will allow you to select her that no one but the most psychotically devoted fans will uncover, and as a result, the vast majority of players will have a teammate/enemy they have no idea how to interact with and will have to figure her out like a puzzle.

Have you guys ever had a match where you played so well you kinda felt bad for the other team?
The thing that makes me feel bad is hooking the same person over and over again. I kill them, they walk back, and I somehow manage to instantly find them, then kill them. I would rage over that. I had a game as Roadhog where a Tracer would ONLY stick her bombs on me and me only. So annoying.

The thing that makes me feel bad is hooking the same person over and over again. I kill them, they walk back, and I somehow manage to instantly find them, then kill them. I would rage over that. I had a game as Roadhog where a Tracer would ONLY stick her bombs on me and me only. So annoying.

I've run into a few of those.

Prelude.

Well it's old, they had this even before Overwatch's launch.

I remember seeing that shirt when they haven't announced D.VA yet.
Well, I was joking, but they started trying to figure out Winston's password in the recall trailer only recently so you never know.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yesterday I had a roadhog who was hooking my mccree non-stop. Even to the point where people were joking about him having it out for me in chat.

I had a few kills on him and we won anyway so whatever.

Ramirez

I get back to back 15 kill streaks while pushing the Payload and we still couldn't move it. I just don't understand man. I had like 20 objective kills before anyone says the game isn't TDM.

I just don't understand how 5 other people can't clean up a straggler or two when I'm obviously killing the other team with efficiency. Fucking solo que!! lol

Have you guys ever had a match where you played so well you kinda felt bad for the other team?

I had a match yesterday where we managed to shutout the enemy team every round.

RZpbMMD.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Just in the nick of time! Didn't think I was gonna make it before the season ended. Hit a wall early on at 63 then went on a horrible losing streak that dumped me into 49. Solo queued my way out of that hell hole but hit another wall at 61 till this last weekend.

Yesterday I had a roadhog who was hooking my mccree non-stop. Even to the point where people were joking about him having it out for me in chat.

I had a few kills on him and we won anyway so whatever.
I had a match where I started as Roadhog. They had a Genji. One of my mates was McCree. He switched off after the first round and I wasn't doing well with hog so I switched to McCree. The Genji was on my ass the ENTIRE match. It was a total pain. I mean, he barely killed me and I usually got him, but it was still annoying.

We won, I got POTG with McCree. The guy who switched off McCree messaged me saying that it was a slick play and gave the GGs and I GGed back. He then asked if the Genji was targeting me. I said yeah. He responded saying that when he was McCree, the Genji was targeting him until he switched off. The Genji only targeted me when I was McCree.

Genji confirmed hates Cowboys :p

Jellie

You didn't even have a tank why didn't you switch to tank gosh, you could have done so much for your-zzzz

you see, I call out "wow my teammates suck aaa!!" that I see often, but this? Nope, nothing you could've done really >_> Hope the next ones better.
Well technically we had a roadhog but I think he is now a DPS than a tank. Still it was Lucio pharah soldier (couldn't hit the other Pharah for shit) genji roadhog and tracer vs Lucio Zen Reinhardt dva pharah mccree. Probably got PTSD from all the earth shatters to be honest. Expect better from 70+.

IKizzLE

hm

I have heard that before, but I haven't seen anyone ranked 73 or above on PS4 that wasn't in the top 500 which I found odd and I've played a lot of games

I'm 73 and not top 500.
Played against a 76 who was not top 500 and played against a bastion main who was 74 and was top 500.

Only Blizzard knows.....

LiK

I'm 73 and not top 500.
Played against a 76 who was not a top 500 and played against a bastion main who was 74 and was top 500.

Only Blizzard knows.....

I think it also applies to your MMR or whatever. If you win again maybe you'll crack it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
honestly, i don't have the issue with genji's dragon blade as much as i do that his fucking reflect.

the thing has such little counterplay due to how short the cd is off dash that it just lets you wait out a dash to avoid the fights you don't want to have. the amount of shit it can deflect seems stupid. and the biggest sin is how fucking gigantic the box for it is. ability should basically make it where his back takes critical hits whenever hit if he's got his reflect active and i say this as someone who plays a lot of genji.

Anne

If anybody is on PC atm and wants to do some practice custom scrims with other GAF people come and join us. We're on discord, quote for link .

Or just add me, Anne#11112

R0ckman

Damn... The group im on in just cant get it together, its sad to see people chasing stranglers off the point when we are defending. Who gives a damn about the Reaper? We'll have a player keep a look out if hes off on his own near our spawn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
laggy roadhogs are fun

here's a reward for having shit internet! your bullshit hooks go through all the geometry so you can have fun too!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
honestly, i don't have the issue with genji's dragon blade as much as i do that his fucking reflect.

the thing has such little counterplay due to how short the cd is off dash that it just lets you wait out a dash to avoid the fights you don't want to have. the amount of shit it can deflect seems stupid. and the biggest sin is how fucking gigantic the box for it is. ability should basically make it where his back takes critical hits whenever hit if he's got his reflect active and i say this as someone who plays a lot of genji.
He has 200 HP, just like Zarya shield, don't shoot when he's reflecting. Then he's in a super awkward spot.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Huh?

2016-08-1702_28_45-babtsmf.png

Edit: around 300 MB big.

I wonder what that is. Probably just some bug fixes.

THEY ADDED SOME NEW SOMBRA CLUES, CALL REDDIT, LETS FIND THEM!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He has 200 HP, just like Zarya shield, don't shoot when he's reflecting. Then he's in a super awkward spot.

That's fine and dandy but it's basically a defense matrix if anyone gets behind him. It also allows him to completely pick and choose his fights. He almost has as much of an escape as Tracer is due to the generous cooldown combination of dash and reflect.

R0ckman

Zen is pretty good if your team isnt great, helps mows down characters faster. If your team is slightly coordinated but terrible in combat that extra boost is great.

ramyeon

Rank Tier icons

2016-08-1702_43_25-ovlmksd.png
So am I right in assuming they show this icon on your portraits instead of a number for rank? I really hope so. I'm sure the number is displayed if you go into career profile but I would prefer the rank to be front and centre and take a bit of focus of the number.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't tell what's going on at the bottom.

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat...

Master? Awakened Master. Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan Prime

So I just found out that the AI in custom games will say "GG" after a match (which is weird considering you can't do that in the console version), and will also give you 12 votes at the end should you vote for yourself.

In addition, they just do a bunch of weird dumb stuff like repeatedly emoting in the spawn and standing completely still, all in one spot while shooting at you, and using Death Blossom to kill one person while right next to a wall.

This game is weird, man.

Sn4ke_911

I can't tell what's going on at the bottom.

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat...

Master? Awakaned Master. Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan Prime

I think the far left is the highest and is diamond, IIRC Kaplan said so in the dev update.

I love how people didn't think deflect was OP until they saw a video, that all of a sudden made it so much more OP.

Come on guys, seriously.

ramyeon

I think the far left is the highest and is diamond, IIRC Kaplan said so in the dev update.
Doesn't it go Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master something something after that? Seems to be that they're displayed in order there with bottom right being the highest.

Doesn't it go Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master something something after that? Seems to be that they're displayed in order there with bottom right being the highest.

Bronze
Silver
Gold
Platinum
Diamond
Master
Grandmaster

Going from top left to bottom right. Same way you would read a book.

Sn4ke_911

Ah yeah that makes sense.

Astral

Wow just played a second round of a ranked match where the entire opposing team except a Widowmaker left. Poor guy. I just spammed D.Va's "Is this easy mode" line over and over.

Pooya

Now I want to know which tier translates to current 65 SR to get full comp points at the end of season. Diamond I'm guessing.

I got gud this season, I'm a much much better player than I was in June. I think I can get into gold or plat with placements and grind my way to diamond hopefully, that's my goal.

Now I want to know which tier translates to current 65 SR to get full comp points at the end of season. Diamond I'm guessing.

I got gud this season, I'm a much much better player than I was in June. I think I can get into gold with placements and grind my way to diamond hopefully, that's my goal.
I would say so too.

Hope I can get back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom