• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

a decent team can keep a Zarya at 0-low charge, easy.

How is that possible when Zarya can throw her shield on teammates at anytime? Sure they can not target her but they have to target someone. And as soon as that happens it's an easy shield charge for her. And they still can't just let a low energy Zarya do whatever she wants so they will have to attack her eventually. So what I'm say is that it's not easy at all.

Huzzah I've finally obtained rank 60, my goal for season 1 is met and now I can lose with slightly less salt intake.

Alas my PS4 connection has decided to inexplicably go down the pan all of a sudden, first noticed with Rocket League and then carrying on to Overwatch, it's bugging the heck out of me, went from consistently smooth play to jumpy lag stuff on the regular, et tu PS4?

a decent team can keep a Zarya at 0-low charge, easy.

This is false, I'm not a great Zarya but when the enemy ult's start flying, I usually get 80-90 minimum.

You'll be surprised even at 0 charge, if I'm going after someone and about to kill them, i pop a bubble if I know they're trying to shoot me, someone always tends to shoot me for a minimum of 20-30 energy.

Jayhawk

Look at the top-ranked players and see which tank is picked most often by them.

https://www.overbuff.com/rankings

Zarya is great at doing everything, including doing damage. If you watched the deciding matches from this past weekend's Overwatch Open, the Zarya play determined the outcome of a lot of the team battles and you'd see her at 80+ charge most of the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People still think Zarya requires a bad team despite being a regular face on most high level competitive games? I guess all those other teams are really bad and Zarya isn't strong

Beckx

This is false, I'm not a great Zarya but when the enemy ult's start flying, I usually get 80-90 minimum.

You'll be surprised even at 0 charge, if I'm going after someone and about to kill them, i pop a bubble if I know they're trying to shoot me, someone always tends to shoot me for a minimum of 20-30 energy.

what's fun is when you drop graviton on them with low charge, then bubble and the trapped guys shoot you up to 80 and you kill them.

I don't mind that Genji is a bit OP. But OP mixed with the fact the robot ninja is so 'cool' so theres 4 in every QP game and 2 in every ranked game is getting REALLY old.

And all those insta picks. Bleh. Even in our Gaf train yesterday we had two Genji's. It's so lame.

I can't kill Tracer on the PS4, she's just too god damn fast for my feeble controller sticks to follow accurately. Her x3 blinking and recall murder me everytime.

I can counter her with Winston, Sym, Rein, and to a lesser extent Zenyatta. But when it comes to consistent aiming, she fucks me every time.

LiK

I can't kill Tracer on the PS4, she's just too god damn fast for my feeble controller sticks to follow accurately. Her x3 blinking and recall murder me everytime.

I can counter her with Winston, Sym, Rein, and to a lesser extent Zenyatta. But when it comes to consistent aiming, she fucks me every time.

what's your sensitivity?

what's fun is when you drop graviton on them with low charge, then bubble and the trapped guys shoot you up to 80 and you kill them.

It's actually very surprising to me how many people shoot me when I have my bubble on during a gravaton surge, it makes sense though, if everyone is focus firing me at the same time I'll either die instantly or have 50-100 charge with very low health (unless my team is focus firing as well).

J_Viper

I feel like the matchmaking is currently doing a poor job of keeping high level players away from low level players.

I'm level 30, and three times in a row I've been matched against a team of prestige players, which ends with the team I'm on getting steamrolled.

It's just not fun.

Roadhog is nice against average - good Tracers, and for the most part Junkrat is too.

There are definitely options but yea on PS4 I've had so many games where people just cant deal with her

Owzers

i'm at 70/40 for reaper/dva/tracer/roadhog and 70/50 for the rest. Still have problems trying to aim so i avoid aimier characters. I don't want to give up on Roadhog but i should be doing better as him than i am.

I'm assuming the card was for hook accuracy and most people don't vote for that. I don't know why, but oh well. That's the life of playing Roadhog.

I often vote for Roadhogs, unless there's someone with more impressive stats or someone who plays an underrated character and did well (e.g. Ana).

I feel like the matchmaking is currently doing a poor job of keeping high level players away from low level players.

I'm level 30, and three times in a row I've been matched against a team of prestige players, which ends with the team I'm on getting steamrolled.

It's just not fun.

Prestige players doesn't always mean that they are good. I've had high level players on my team that just get stomped on. I am more worried about getting matched up against premade teams than I am against high level players. The better you do the better opponents you get matched up against.

R0ckman

My SR for this season is so shameful. I kept playing after my initial ranking, thinking that I might be able to gain a few points, but it's been nothing but downhill. To make matters worse, it's been so long since I've played a match where one of my team members didn't leave. I must have really bad luck or something. I can take a loss, but damn if it doesn't suck knowing I could have had a somewhat decent rating if I didn't push my luck in solo queue. I'll be getting a 20 CP payout at the end of the season now, lmao. Oh well! I'll still get my icon and spray.

This game absolutely feels like gambling in solo comp. Its sad because the matches last too long so since its a toss up, your team could do awesome in KotH for half the comp match then go full moron the next time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just checked the official site and saw this new pic.

2016-08-1623_18_54-ovyfsvt.png

Copenap

Played my last games of season 1. Ended 55 with season high at 57. Goal for next season is platinum. "Only" got in 21 hours with Zenyatta as my most played hero followed by Lucio, I think 60 should have been possible with more time. I'm also only level 49 which feels like quite low compared to the people I usually get matched up with.

ramyeon

My SR for this season is so shameful. I kept playing after my initial ranking, thinking that I might be able to gain a few points, but it's been nothing but downhill. To make matters worse, it's been so long since I've played a match where one of my team members didn't leave. I must have really bad luck or something. I can take a loss, but damn if it doesn't suck knowing I could have had a somewhat decent rating if I didn't push my luck in solo queue. I'll be getting a 20 CP payout at the end of the season now, lmao. Oh well! I'll still get my icon and spray.
The CP reward is based on the highest ranking you acquired at any point during the season, doesn't matter how far you dropped afterwards.

xaosslug

Zarya is like an 80% pick rate in esports.

What you are saying is completely untrue in every way.

so? What does a character's pick rate and a pro-level player's ability to make them work have to do w/ anything?

it's very true, sorry!

not easy at all unless you're gonna let all her teammates (that she's protecting) steamroll you.

How is that possible when Zarya can throw her shield on teammates at anytime? Sure they can not target her but they have to target someone. And as soon as that happens it's an easy shield charge for her. And they still can't just let a low energy Zarya do whatever she wants so they will have to attack her eventually. So what I'm say is that it's not easy at all.

the thing about Zarya is staying alive long enough to get all them charges is difficult in and of itself, so yeah let's not pretend Zarya's some pick up and play character, plz. I have seen teams keep Zarya in check, continuously. And I'm not talking about at the pro-level, or peeps that main her and know her every in and out nuance.

a good Zarya is a nearly unstoppable monster, and I have said that many times on here.

R0ckman

We had a Winston that was hunting down our Genji. Our Genji starts crying and I tell our Zenyatta to do nothing but debuff the Winston the whole match. Didnt see the Winston do anything but hop away and die the rest of the game. That nerf cant come soon enough.

In the next match our group had to split up and the enemy grouped mocked us for only playing our best in a group? Lol WTF? Thats obvious.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
so? What does a character's pick rate and a pro-level player's ability to make them work have to do w/ anything?

it's very true, sorry!

the thing about Zarya is staying alive long enough to get all them charges is difficult in and of itself, so yeah let's not pretend Zarya's some pick up and play character, plz. I have seen teams keep Zarya in check, continuously. And I'm not talking about at the pro-level, or peeps that main her and know her every in and out nuance.

a good Zarya is a nearly unstoppable monster, and I have said that many times on here.

Thing is your talking at a level that has way too many variance in skill level. Obviously very few of us can actually play at pro level but it's obvious why we discuss characters at their peak potential vs others at peak potential because anything else is just anecdotes that's more about player skill.

it's very true, sorry
This. Sooooo much. How pro players do or what they do has nothing to do with us because they are waaaay better than all of us. That's why they are pro. Rein has a semi high pick rate, but no one calls him OP, cause he's not, he's just very, very useful. Like Zarya and Lucio.

Zarya ain't OP. Not sure where that came from. All the tanks are very balanced.

No one's saying she's "some pick up and play character," they're saying she's really powerful and crushes D.Va one on one. It is not difficult to stay alive as Zarya. In fact, she has more durability than almost any hero in the game.

TaterTots

Banned
I'm a level 36 in competitive. I'm sick and tired of people quitting every other game and other refusing to mix up the composition. I'm on the verge of 35 due to a team of Bastion, Torb, Ana, and Widow on attack.....I pleaded for a change and was met with very hostile comments. If you aren't playing with a team you are gonna learn the hard way lol.

Is there really no way to turn off chat on PC? My friend kept being harassed by assholes and it really soured the whole experience.

Singlehandedly makes me want to go back to PSN. Can't say I care about the better controls if I have to put up with dicks, and reporting only does so much.

Auctopus

I've been travelling to Koln all day and hadn't seen the map reveal yet, whooooah! Love the reveal that you go inside.

Was that bastion opposite rheinhart at the end too?

Jayhawk

xaosslug went from "a decent team can keep Zarya at 0% charge, easy" to "let's not talk about these teams decent enough to play tournaments and have Zarya" and now switching the argument to Zarya is not a pick-up and play character. lol

The original argument was Zarya vs Dva. If both players have the same skill level, Zarya wins the matchup most of the time. Meta discussion isn't about a decent team versus a bad player, etc.

xaosslug went from "a decent team can keep Zarya at 0% charge, easy" to "let's not talk about these teams decent enough to play tournaments and have Zarya" and now switching the argument to Zarya is not a pick-up and play character. lol
I mean, there's a big difference between a group of 6 randoms than a bunch of insanely skilled players who are communicating 100% of the time and taking it 100% seriously.

Also, Zarya is definitely not a pick up and play character. Why do you think her difficulty is 3 stars?

R0ckman

I'm a level 36 in competitive. I'm sick and tired of people quitting every other game and other refusing to mix up the composition. I'm on the verge of 35 due to a team of Bastion, Torb, Ana, and Widow on attack.....I pleaded for a change and was met with very hostile comments. If you aren't playing with a team you are gonna learn the hard way lol.

What was the hostile comments? How can you argue in defense of such stupid picks?

Jayhawk

I mean, there's a big difference between a group of 6 randoms than a bunch of insanely skilled players who are communicating 100% of the time and taking it 100% seriously.

Also, Zarya is definitely not a pick up and play character. Why do you think her difficulty is 3 stars?

The argument wasn't ever that she is or is not a pick-up and play character... it went from an anecdote of Zarya vs Dva and the Dva winning and then xaosslug saying that decent teams can keep Zaryas at 0% charge, easy. If the Zarya is the same skill level as that decent team and also at similar levels of communications with their team, then no she isn't being starved of charge.

Blues1990

This is probably the best I have done with Mei, so far. It's pretty funny how you can throw people off with launching an ice wall from underneath their feet, and they get launched straight to a bottomless pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom