• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
After looking at the HQ screenshots i found something interesting.

2016-08-1702_55_22-ovuzswt.png

2016-08-1702_55_34-ovg3sfv.png

R0ckman

Level 28 now, **** this, waiting until season 2. Got 38 placement because I played Lucio all games and almost all of my games were king of the hill lost games before the glitch was fixed.

Constantly on teams that just can't survive. Even when they go in as a group they die instantly. I dont get it.

Strider

Comparing it to season 1 I'd bet master is 65+ and diamond is 60.... I could easily see it being a little lower tho tbh.

I'm assuming Josh Menke was largely responsible for this new rank system or it's a close copy to his stuff. Generally his systems from my experience put the top tier (master) as about the top 5% of players or so. That would make Grandmaster a sub-tier which is probably going to be top 500 just like it is now. This would be the same as Onyx/Champion in Halo. If it turns out to be the top 5% or so that would mean master is more like 61-62+ going off season 1.

Anyway I don't think Master is going to be quite as exclusive as you guys think it will be. We'll see though.

The CP reward is based on the highest ranking you acquired at any point during the season, doesn't matter how far you dropped afterwards.
Oh, I should be good then. Thanks for letting me know!

Thankfully, I've been able to move up a bit today. Maybe I'll be able to end off around where I started.

The ARG seems exceptionally pointless. Sombra is going to be revealed whenever Blizzard wants to reveal the character, no matter how much or how little of the ARG folks have figured out. It's just busywork.

Squire

Banned
Day of The Dead is November 1/2, so Sombra might well be a BlizzCon thing.

That said, they can tease Sombra and release another hero. They did it with Ana already.

Ramirez

Comparing it to season 1 I'd bet master is 65+ and diamond is 60.... I could easily see it being a little lower tho tbh.

I'm assuming Josh Menke was largely responsible for this new rank system or it's a close copy to his stuff. Generally his systems from my experience put the top tier (master) as about the top 5% of players or so. That would make Grandmaster a sub-tier which is probably going to be top 500 just like it is now. This would be the same as Onyx/Champion in Halo. If it turns out to be the top 5% or so that would mean master is more like 61-62+ going off season 1.

Anyway I don't think Master is going to be quite as exclusive as you guys think it will be. We'll see though.

Well I certainly wouldn't describe most of the 60s I play with as "masters", lol.

Strider

Well I certainly wouldn't describe most of the 60s I play with as "masters", lol.

Me either... I mean even I managed to hit 60 after all :p

But that's just the way it is if it's that same system... You know from first hand experience there was some trash at Onyx in Halo lol

I'm just saying I expect it to be like that tho. There will still be huge skill gaps within each tier. Different game tho so maybe I end up completely wrong.

Hah, didn't realize they had added an effect for scoring a basket in the spawn room. Was standing waiting for the doors to open and suddenly there was confetti and air horns. Pretty cool.

The ARG seems exceptionally pointless. Sombra is going to be revealed whenever Blizzard wants to reveal the character, no matter how much or how little of the ARG folks have figured out. It's just busywork.

Especially when each one comes down to basically. "Did you like that? The next ones harder."

Played as D.Va.
Used my boost to push a 76 off a platform near A on Volskaya to his death.
That was the POTG, and not when I used my ult to take out 2 people capping A.

Played as D.Va.
Used my boost to push a 76 off a platform near A on Volskaya to his death.
That was the POTG, and not when I used my ult to take out 2 people capping A.

POTG seems to really like environmental kills. Had a match where I sucked up and helped kill four enemies in a Graviton Surge, and the POTG was still Lucio knocking two people off the side of the map at once.

maouvin

New Strings

• Great game, everyone!
  • It was an honor to play with you all. Thank you.
  • Good game! Best of luck to you all!
  • I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you all for playing with me.
  • C'mon, Mom! One more game before you tuck me in. Oops mistell.
  • Gee whiz! That was fun. Good playing!
  • Well played. I salute you all.
  • I could really use a hug right now.
  • It's past my bedtime. Please don't tell my mommy.
  • Ah shucks... you guys are the best!
  • I feel very, very small... please hold me...
  • For glory and honor! Huzzah comrades!
  • Mommy says people my age shouldn't suck their thumbs.
  • I'm trying to be a nicer person. It's hard, but I am trying, guys.
  • Wishing you all the best.

What could be those, new AI lines? lol

This community triggers me so hard at times.

Was defending Watchpoint:G on comp, "We dont need a 2nd tank or 2nd Support, we need a Defense character!" "Please stop throwing the game!"

How can you so so dense towards game balance and it's current meta.

I literally don't understand how it's possible to be so misinformed. I've even seen people who don't understand the time bank system on ASS maps or how Payload works.

IKizzLE

Well, since there are 8 symbols and 60+ is top 6% and 65+ got Max CP payout, I'm assuming:

Symbol 1: Bronze 45 and below
Symbol 2: Silver 46-49
Symbol 3: Gold 50-52
Symbol 4: Platinum 53-55
Symbol 5: Diamond 56-59
Symbol 6: Master 60-64
Symbol 7: Grandmaster 65+
Symbol 8: Top 500

Strider

Well, since there are 8 symbols and 60+ is top 6% and 65+ got Max CP payout, I'm assuming:

oh there's 8 symbols? i missed that thought there was just 7.

So yea what you posted seems really reasonable to me. Basically I just don't think anyone that hit 65+ should really be all that concerned with getting the highest tier (not counting top 500)

Makes sense just because of the end of season rewards. But honestly, I got to 67 and I feel like there is a whole new game to learn in the 70's and then probably another above that.

I don't think I am deserving of second best tier. I can improve a lot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Platinum being 53-55 seems kind of laughable.

Beckx

lol, i found the bottom of the barrel: a torbjorn/mercy duo where the mercy just spent the game boosting the torbjorn in the same location

Prelude.

Offense is trying to take the remains of an old general that defended the village against Omnics and defense is trying to stop that from happening.
That ram is for taking down the door, what's its purpose in the throne room? Every payload in the game has a reason to reach the end of the map.

ramyeon

Offense is trying to take the remains of an old general that defended the village against Omnics and defense is trying to stop that from happening.
That still would make more sense as a reverse hybrid. You start off with the ram, break into the throne room and then have to capture that point to secure it.

Disappointed tbh.

That ram is for taking down the door, what's its purpose in the throne room? Every payload in the game has a reason to reach the end of the map.
Maybe the payload is also a coffin that can carry the remains of the German general? That's my guess. Maybe the ram part is just an add on to hat. I mean, how else are they gonna take his remains away?

Although I would agree that it's disappointing that it's not a reverse hybrid, would've been nice.

I love when karma kicks in on competitive.

Dude spends whole game insulting me and other players despite us winning. Get him next game on opposing team and utterly steamrolled him (Personally killed him 5 or 6 times with Zen, with an added floating t-bag each time). He insists I got carried promptly afterwards while trying to flaunt his 3 gold medals at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom