• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Gods just streamed himself going from placements to Grandmaster in one night on the PTR playing almost exclusively Hanzo.

MaxiLive

I'm so glad, I finally got GBR Tracer!

Content with that now. I don't have weightlifting Zarya yet but I'm not super fond of it because they removed so many of her identifiers (tattoos, scars, hair) and I'm not sure why. The cynic in me wonders if it's to make her more "traditionally attractive" as I remember seeing a lot of people calling her ugly, as if that mattered.

The luck!

I've just whooshed past level 100 so crates should be coming thick and fast now. I'm hoping for JP Genji and GB Tracer before the promotion ends. I've had about 15 or so crates since the promotion and 3 skins so far and 3 dupes of those skins :D -.-

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wouldn't worry too much about genji. I feel like blizzard likes to take huge swings either way but they get it right eventually. Or they nerf them down if they feel like the hero doesn't need to factor in too much (see bastion, widow and torb, all of whom I think they kept down on purpose).

And once they get something right they'll turn things topsy turvy again with other huge swings, but that's part of the fun of it I guess?

Still no Nihon Genji
SffACo5.jpg
I swear his skin is an epic why cant i get it. Ive gotten shitty Zarya and Tracer legendaries ffff

Dispatch

Zarya with the short hair in blond for the weightlifter skin would have been amazing. Right now she looks like some kids jacked mother

I agree that the loss of pink hair is weird. I guess Blizzard's excuse might be they were going for authenticity, but it feels like a cop out.

Considering Russia's laws against public homosexuality, I don't think they would condone pink hair as it might be deemed supportive of gay rights.

ekim

Just read about the patch notes on PTR. Good stuff. I don't understand the dev comment on the Mei ult buff. It pierced barriers for a while but the barriers blocked them? That doesn't make sense. What exactly changed now?

Also happy for the new Hanzo buff. But adapting to the new arrow speed will be hard.

edit:
Dash

No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap
No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap

Swift Strike

No longer interrupts quick melee attacks

--> isn't dash and swift strike the same?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just read about the patch notes on PTR. Good stuff. I don't understand the dev comment on the Mei ult buff. It pierced barriers for a while but the barriers blocked them? That doesn't make sense. What exactly changed now?

Also happy for the new Hanzo buff. But adapting to the new arrow speed will be hard.

The freezing effect goes through barriers (except for zarya's shield) but the actual projectile used to initiate blizzard is blocked by barriers, so you can't for example throw it through reinhardt's shield.

It was really weird having the season end in the middle of a really close match. Thought the season was supposed to end today not yesterday?

Also surprised they didn't keep the playlist live but just lose the ranking aspect. It's really hard to go back to quick match at this point.

ekim

The freezing effect goes through barriers (except for zarya's shield) but the actual projectile used to initiate blizzard is blocked by barriers, so you can't for example throw it through reinhardt's shield.

So now you can throw the ult through shields? wow.

Pilgrimzero

All I really wanted was McCrees skin and the blue Tracer one for the summer stuff.

After $60 I have every new skin except her blue one and the Lucio ones.

TaterTots

Banned
It was really weird having the season end in the middle of a really close match. Thought the season was supposed to end today not yesterday?

Also surprised they didn't keep the playlist live but just lose the ranking aspect. It's really hard to go back to quick match at this point.

I came home from work excited to play OW. Fire up the game and competitive is gone. I load up quick plays and there are 3 of the same character. I quit immediately. I can't go back.

Wait people want to change the pink hair?

People here just have no taste...
All I want is a decent skin that retains her pink hair and normal face.

Is this so much to ask, Blizzard? Zarya's one of my favorite heroes, but her customization is bland or flatly bad. Even her voice lines aren't as good as other heroes.

Maybe I'll give competitive another shot on ps4 when S2 comes around. S1 originally pissed me off a lot with rage quitters. Did a whole lot of QP during S1 and had so many teeth grinding moments and lots of "Why dont you change heroes???" or "Why haven't you ulted yet???"

I'll up my Zarya game and try and get good with a couple of attack heroes until then

Gods just streamed himself going from placements to Grandmaster in one night on the PTR playing almost exclusively Hanzo.

I'm seeing it now and it's simply ridiculous how he just one-shots the other team members like it's nothing. Not even the ones leaving the spawn point are safe lol.

Is it me or the dragon is also faster now?

CoLaN

I realized how many hours i've put on Lucio just because the team needed it, while in fact i am completely bored by his playstyle.

I also realized this is a videogame and i should try to actually have fun, so goodbye Lucio for a while.

I'm seeing it now and it's simply ridiculous how he just one-shots the other team members like it's nothing. Not even the ones leaving the spawn point are safe lol.

Well the arrow speed is faster, and dragon comes out of an arrow 🤔

That's crazy if so though. Insane buff.

LiK

if dragon is faster, that wouldbe sweet

Apathy

All I want is a decent skin that retains her pink hair and normal face.

Is this so much to ask, Blizzard? Zarya's one of my favorite heroes, but her customization is bland or flatly bad. Even her voice lines aren't as good as other heroes.

Same, the blonde hair is just weird and the face in those skins make it look like they aged her into her 40's (although it might just be the blonde hair doing that as opposed the the youthful short pink hair)

Also i spent my cp on golden genji stuff too bad the Nomad skin i use basically doesnt make a difference to how it looks. Have to switch to Carbon Fibre to show it off.

But theres some kind of bug that turns my sheathe into a sword when i emote so it looks like i have 2 swords

Nerf Oniichan yo

I had a dream last night where Blizzard added Doomfist and some Transformers-like robot that threw wheels as his weapon to the game, but skipped over Sombra again.

Overwatch is screwing with my sleep now. C'mon Blizzard.

I came home from work excited to play OW. Fire up the game and competitive is gone. I load up quick plays and there are 3 of the same character. I quit immediately. I can't go back.

I would have said the same thing if I didn't have one of the funnest games I had played in OW last night where we played Hollywood with 4 Reign's and 2 Ana's. It was hilarious and tons of fun.

I wouldn't want that all that much but it can at least be fun sometimes. I actually think I'll just take a break until Season 2.

I realized how many hours i've put on Lucio just because the team needed it, while in fact i am completely bored by his playstyle.

I also realized this is a videogame and i should try to actually have fun, so goodbye Lucio for a while.

Yeah i know the feeling. I've started playing mercy again when are team doesn't have a healer, even though i'm far more effective with Lucio.

Do you level up in PTR?

Edit: Err, I mean, if I level up, will it transfer to the main account? I can't stand QP, as much shit as I gave comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom