• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was really weird having the season end in the middle of a really close match. Thought the season was supposed to end today not yesterday?

Also surprised they didn't keep the playlist live but just lose the ranking aspect. It's really hard to go back to quick match at this point.
Ya, really bad decision to remove it entirely. My first match back into quick play and the opposing team picks 5 tracers, I said fuck it and got off. I'll be back on season 2.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Just longed and apparently my season high was 0 and my CP is 0...motherfuckers I did play...fuck off blizzard

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ya, really bad decision to remove it entirely. My first match back into quick play and the opposing team picks 5 tracers, I said fuck it and got off. I'll be back on season 2.

Just use those matches as practice. I can tell you from first hand experience that a team of tracers is excellent as target practice.

You still run into people that take it more seriously.

Just longed and apparently my season high was 0 and my CP is 0...motherfuckers I did play...fuck off blizzard

Check your hero gallery your cp should show where you can buy gold weapons

Atleast thats how it was for me when that showed up. Probably a bug showing we did nothing in comp

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Check your hero gallery your cp should show where you can buy gold weapons

Atleast thats how it was for me when that showed up. Probably a bug showing we did nothing in comp
Thanks for that! It makes me feel better lol. I was seriously quite angry for a moment.

Just use those matches as practice. I can tell you from first hand experience that a team of tracers is excellent as target practice.

You still run into people that take it more seriously.

Yeah, as someone who mostly quit on competitive a while back and just plays solo QP, I'd say about 1 in every 5 or 6 matches will have terrible stacking or just overall goofiness. But I still have some pretty damn fun competition on there a good portion of the time. Although nothing is more frustrating than being on a team that just can't deal with a double/triple Torbjorn stack, and still insist on playing the same characters even as they die to the turrets and generate Molten Core over and over again.

But I think I will give competitive a shot when Season 2 goes live. I like the whole tier system and not having to worry about slipping down into the dregs of low-ranked players if I have a bad run of games. Part of the reason I hated Season 1 was that dread of "If I win this match, I might go up a fraction of a level, but if I lose I'll end up slipping down even further into the 40s." New system looks a lot less stressful.

I'm only level 22 so I didn't get to play comp, but I feel now that the season is over the QP games have become quite different. More grouped up people and the games are more challenging.

This is going to sound awful probably but I have all of Tracer's skins including the new ones. I like a variant of all of them enough to just switch between them depending on whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Same with Genji. If a character doesn't have a definitive "best" skin to me I'll just switch around daily if I have multiples.

I'll die before I switch off of American McCree

This is part of the reason why I don't know if I want to get McCree's gold skin or now. I don't want to lose the murica gun when using that skin.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nerf Junkrat
Buff <3 Pharah <3

Thats all.

Antiwhippy

Yeah america revolver is just too sweet.

Why would you want to replace that with a tacky golden gun?

Also lucio's soccer gun >>>>> golden gun.

Defuser

Man this PTR weekly brawl features only female heroes allowed and it's a fucking nightmare on KOTH.

I got double tracers contesting points, double mercy with one of them doing the pharmercy combo, and alot of revivings. Double Symmetras with alot of turrets and portals with enemies coming in non stop and of course...Mei and her big ass radius ult freeze.

Beckx

played a few placement matches on the PTR and I *love* the Mercy changes. people being able to act earlier after a res is a subtle but effective change.

i am still sad though since someone here got me hyped by the idea of a patch allowing targetless Guardian Angel, heh.

liked what i saw of the Mei ult change even though that was mostly from opponent's launching it on our team. the part i didn't expect was that i'm conditioned to guess when i'm probably okay based on the sounds of the ult going off, and i'd get caught by the edge of the thing while in a doorway or something. the ult still needs Mei's team to follow up and get kills, though.

I'm only level 22 so I didn't get to play comp, but I feel now that the season is over the QP games have become quite different. More grouped up people and the games are more challenging.

I noticed this too! All my games yesterday were far closer than they were during the competitive season. Makes for some fun times.

Make Genji great again.
He just needs the triple jump back. Everything else is fine. I didn't even rely on the combo burst all that much before, and his ult is still gamechanging.

I also don't think people appreciated that the overall meta was helping Genji anyway. If Pharah, Winston and other tanks come back in more because of Discord nerf, and if Mei is actually viable in some ways, and if Mercy's buffed single-target heal makes ganking harder, Genji was going to suffer anyway. The Zencio meta particularly suited him.

Antiwhippy

Like honestly, if ana is in play more, then genji will still see some use.

Also man, it'll be interesting to see how things go with mei, because now her ult punishes rein pushes HARD. She kinda used to do it with ice wall but now her ult can essentially break any positioning of the enemy team following rein. It'll be interesting to see how this changes deathball strats.

What needs fixed? She seems strong as hell but just too situational. If anything the distance of her auto aim needs a little nerfed.

"Situational" is kind of putting it lightly. She's got a tiny tiny tiny handful of spots (not maps, but spots on specific maps, and only playing Defense) where she's strong enough to merit a pick; under all other circumstances, she's an outright liability.

"Situational" is kind of putting it lightly. She's got a tiny tiny tiny handful of spots (not maps, but spots on specific maps, and only playing Defense) where she's strong enough to merit a pick; under all other circumstances, she's an outright liability. Thus, the 3% pickrate.

Yeah, she used to be one of my mains until I realized just how limited she was. Hopefully she gets her turn on the buff rotation soon; with all the nerfs to Genji's movement coming down, it's going to be even easier for Sym to melt him down.

"Situational" is kind of putting it lightly. She's got a tiny tiny tiny handful of spots (not maps, but spots on specific maps, and only playing Defense) where she's strong enough to merit a pick; under all other circumstances, she's an outright liability.

Yeah I get what you mean but I feel like I'm those spots she's just too strong. But at the same time she will be completely useless on the new map with almost no choke points and too many paths open.

Maybe some kind of change to her right click?

R0ckman

My final match for comp was a match where I was McCree and I was getting flamed by my team and the enemy team for being in rank 27 and clearly not needing to be there, I guess they thought I was smurfing. All thanks to me running all of my placements as Lucio the first day and getting 8 of my 10 matches KotH.

Cheers to season two not being a complete **** show.

Yeah, she used to be one of my mains until I realized just how limited she was. Hopefully she gets her turn on the buff rotation soon; with all the nerfs to Genji's movement coming down, it's going to be even easier for Sym to melt him down.

Yeah I get what you mean but I feel like I'm those spots she's just too strong. But at the same time she will be completely useless on the new map with almost no choke points and too many paths open.

Maybe some kind of change to her right click?

I'm kind of of the opinion that she needs a dramatic rework, because you're right that an actual buff would make her wildly OP in her strong spots, but as it is right now she's simply nonexistent outside of them. Altering shields to be a flat % of health would be a good start, as would changing the way turrets work (maybe drop damage, up slowdown, and highlight enemies that are out of LoS?). Her ult needs a fair bit of tweaking too, as right now it's easily got the slowest effective chargerate in the game despite not being nearly that strong. About the only parts of her kit that I feel are working well are her primary and alt fire, which thread the needle of being strong, but with enough downsides to not be ridiculous.

I agree. Some characters are not ideal for offense but you can still use them and be somewhat effective. The one exception being Symmetra. Using her on offense is a death sentence. I definitely think she needs a buff.

LiK

My final match for comp was a match where I was McCree and I was getting flamed by my team and the enemy team for being in rank 27 and clearly not needing to be there, I guess they thought I was smurfing. All thanks to me running all of my placements as Lucio the first day and getting 8 of my 10 matches KotH.

Cheers to season two not being a complete **** show.

I was just having fun last night for the final hours of Comp and some random messaged me and Vault with salty messages. Guess he still cared about winning lol

Beckx

teams that can't handle turrets and snipers are going to have a bad time on Eichenwalde. watching muselk's gamescom stream and the high ground options are so good. there's a lot going on in this map.

Beepos

Is it just me or is Pharah just like the best consistent attacker for many maps. Aerial domination / juggling people with rockets while being harder to counter due to constant movement (plus hanzo / widow are less loved in compt) seems to win or make games I'm in.

Pilgrimzero

How cool would it be if Sym could place a small shield like Reins at a point or 2. Enough to cover 1 or 2 people. With maybe 200 hp.

KarmaCow

Is it just me or is Pharah just like the best consistent attacker for many maps. Aerial domination / juggling people with rockets while being harder to counter due to constant movement (plus hanzo / widow are less loved in compt) seems to win or make games I'm in.

After the McCree and Zen buffs, she kinda fell out of favour. They toned it down but McCree is still great at picking off people at the distances Pharah flies and Zen lives long enough for the discord orb to do its job as well.

Nimby

Banned
Symmetra and Bastion don't feel strong in any potential situation. They may be strong sometimes on quick play, but against a high level team they're just gimmicks. I felt like they needed the buffs the most.

I don't think this is an intended effect. They are having a lot of trouble with hitboxes and detection in general, so in trying to fix the stupid looking hook moments, they ended up with this result where characters are being pulled in front of Roadhog but not right in front of him for the killing shot.

Honestly? Good. Roadhog is the worst designed hero in the game. I don't get why everyone hated launch McCree but Roadhog one shotting most players from a distance is totally ok.

Honestly? Good. Roadhog is the worst designed hero in the game. I don't get why everyone hated launch McCree but Roadhog one shotting most players from a distance is totally ok.
Except he can only one shot people at 150 or 200 health, and some 200 health people he can't one shot, so I'd say, maybe 10 or so of the cast, which isn't that bad. Also, what's wrong with one shotting from a distance? Widow and Hanzo do it way more than Hog does. This bug for Roadhog basically makes him unplayable as his whole kit revolves around being able to one shot people off of hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom