• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP WPG Defense Point 1 (2016-2016)... I will miss you dearly.

Kind of a baffling change to me. Although I guess deadlocks in that tunnel area are less common than they used to be, which would make the change work.

Blues1990

I played nothing but mercy until I tried Lucio. This buff will make me come back for sure I'm guessing.

Funny enough, I actually given Mercy a try tonight for the first time. She's a blast to play, despite healing and buffing are her milk and honey for her tool kit. I actually got a triple kill when floating slowly behind a pair of unsuspecting players.

I love the way he plays.

Nothing needs to change, except for a buff when discord gets nerfed :)

About that, I was wondering if you could give me some good tips for Roadhog when it comes to deal with the Genji's and Tracers, aside from the Hook & Boom that his go-to 1v1 combo.

I played a ton of Winston today.
xKNnJFc.png

I didn't even realize this was a card.

duckroll

isn't this this line of thinking that got genji nerfed?

No, actually I think it's not. People getting killed is one thing, not being able to kill a specific annoying enemy is another. I think that what drives the complaints against Genji and Tracer are that they are perceived as being extremely hard to kill and way too hard to pin down. Which is why the nerfs on Genji are not to his damage, but rather to his mobility and interrupts. Is Tracer next? Who knows!

People don't actually have a problem killing Roadhogs, so while they whine about the chain, I don't think there is much to take seriously. Blizzard probably feels the same way.

Blues1990

You were pleasd with the Genji nerfs see what happens to Roadie
������

Karma can be such a bitch, eh?

But I think this is more of a weird bug. At least, that's what I'm hoping, as the Hook n' sinker is Roadhogs bread n' butter.

You were pleasd with the Genji nerfs see what happens to Roadie
😏😏😏
Who was crying for a Roadhog nerf?

Is there one in every game?

Does his ult get 3-5 kills regularly?

And for the record, Genji was definitely over nerfed, and I'll survive without Roadhog. This just seems pointless though. Destroys his character.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah that can't be right. It pretty much makes him useless.

Might be a bug with the way his hook is supposed to land people in front of him now?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Juts bought the game its great and amazing I wish I could say that about the players it matches me with, fucking clueless!! Sometimes they run around with more than one character, no healers what so ever forcing me to do it (I don't mind but every time...give me a break)

Anyways only level 5 I believe, if anyone who is a team player wants me add me go ahead, I could use some competent team mates

PSN: Alpha_Zero88

Nope, its definitely intentional, i filed a report about everyone who was positive about Genji nerfs.

Your Hero nerfs are coming...

S
O
O
N

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the one change to really watch is to see if the Mei buff makes it intact out of PTR.

I don't think it's as good as everyone seems to think it is, but I haven't got a chance to play it yet. She still has some serious shortcomings that isn't related to the ult that pushes her out of the meta.

Blues1990

I think the one change to really watch is to see if the Mei buff makes it intact out of PTR.

Eh, it probably won't, but I'd like to see it does make the cut. Anyone with half a brain can avoid Mei's ultimate ability at it's current state, so the change is much needed.

Anne

No, actually I think it's not. People getting killed is one thing, not being able to kill a specific annoying enemy is another. I think that what drives the complaints against Genji and Tracer are that they are perceived as being extremely hard to kill and way too hard to pin down. Which is why the nerfs on Genji are not to his damage, but rather to his mobility and interrupts. Is Tracer next? Who knows!

People don't actually have a problem killing Roadhogs, so while they whine about the chain, I don't think there is much to take seriously. Blizzard probably feels the same way.

The most significant nerf Genji got was straight to his damage though. The animation cancel removal actually plummets his DPS far below something like Tracer :T

Funny enough, I actually given Mercy a try tonight for the first time. She's a blast to play, despite healing and buffing are her milk and honey for her tool kit. I actually got a triple kill when floating slowly behind a pair of unsuspecting players.

That feels great when you buff a teammate and they go to town. Mercy has a pretty strong pistol, it's just thay her health is shit. Earlier tonight I found myself in a one on one situation against a soldier 76 on Route 66, in a little tunnel...and I killed him. Naturally, I teabagged 😇

The most significant nerf Genji got was straight to his damage though. The animation cancel removal actually plummets his DPS far below something like Tracer :T

The animation cancel combo was pretty tied to his CQC effectiveness. Maybe that was unintentional as well

Anne

The animation cancel combo was pretty tied to his CQC effectiveness. Maybe that was unintentional as well

Even if it was unintentional it's been a thing since the beta. It just kind of blows down his DPS on the one thing he was good at without sword.

Like you pick Genji for vertical movement, burst on squishies, and sword.

You pick Tracer for consistent high DPS and horizontal mobility.

All three of those things Genji had got nerfed at once. Sword needed the nerf and is still good at least. For the rest of it though Tracer's raw DPS is going to outpace Genji's burst now anyways so you're just going to pick her since the mobility difference isn't that big. It's not even that Genji is some dumpster fire character with all these nerfs, it just takes the decision of "Genji or Tracer" and boils it down to "Tracer".

I think I got everything I need from the summer stuff. The only things I'm missing are Mercy' skin, Lucios highlight intro, Symmetras emote, and Widowmakers medal victory.

xviper

did they change something with the matchmaking ?? i mostly play solo and i always win like 3 games and lose 3 or 4, but now i played over 25 matched and only won 3, what happened ?? this game makes me want to break the controller, the matchmaking is insanely unfair, i'm thinking of going back to Halo 5 until BF1 and TF2 come out, i have never played a shooter console game that uses a matchmaking like Overwatch, it reminds me of FIFA Ultimate team where if you win a lot you get a handicap and get smashed all the time

Syntax

That feels great when you buff a teammate and they go to town. Mercy has a pretty strong pistol, it's just thay her health is shit. Earlier tonight I found myself in a one on one situation against a soldier 76 on Route 66, in a little tunnel...and I killed him. Naturally, I teabagged 😇

I love it when people underestimate Mercy's pistol damage. It's saved me (and teammates) a few times.

The hardest part of playing Mercy, imho, is deciding between healing, damage boosting, and whipping out the side arm when my target is being brought down slightly faster than my hps.

Even if it was unintentional it's been a thing since the beta. It just kind of blows down his DPS on the one thing he was good at without sword.

Like you pick Genji for vertical movement, burst on squishies, and sword.

You pick Tracer for consistent high DPS and horizontal mobility.

All three of those things Genji had got nerfed at once. Sword needed the nerf and is still good at least. For the rest of it though Tracer's raw DPS is going to outpace Genji's burst now anyways so you're just going to pick her since the mobility difference isn't that big. It's not even that Genji is some dumpster fire character with all these nerfs, it just takes the decision of "Genji or Tracer" and boils it down to "Tracer".

Say they decide to revert the mobility and burst nerfs will he be fine or will most move to Tracer for the next meta anyways?

I think a reduction of his reflect hitbox and "fix" his hotbox while double jumping along with the 6 second ult is all he needs but I don't play Genji (I have 3 mins in game) so I could be off. I don't think these will take him out of the meta in place of Tracer but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom