• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Just had the best PotG ever in PTR.

We lost the point 100% in Ilios. I had just run out of our spawn as Hanzo and said "fuck it, throw the ult"

The screen went black for the loss.

Then *dink.. dink dink... dink* quadruple kill. It ended up being PotG.

xaosslug

did they change something with the matchmaking ?? i mostly play solo and i always win like 3 games and lose 3 or 4, but now i played over 25 matched and only won 3, what happened ?? this game makes me want to break the controller, the matchmaking is insanely unfair, i'm thinking of going back to Halo 5 until BF1 and TF2 come out, i have never played a shooter console game that uses a matchmaking like Overwatch, it reminds me of FIFA Ultimate team where if you win a lot you get a handicap and get smashed all the time

everyone from competitive came back, and many peeps are playing to win. I had a bunch of ridiculously hardcore games today post-ranked close. I was like wtf? LOL

Anne

Say they decide to revert the mobility and burst nerfs will he be fine or will most move to Tracer for the next meta anyways?

I think a reduction of his reflect hitbox and "fix" his hotbox while double jumping along with the 6 second ult is all he needs but I don't play Genji (I have 3 mins in game) so I could be off. I don't think these will take him out of the meta in place of Tracer but who knows.

He'll be fine, you'll still have to make a decision about whether Genji/Tracer is better in that situation.

Reflect hitbox is kinda weird, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. His jumping hurtbox is something that should actually be fixed at some point too, yeah. Sword being nerfed is good and doesn't hurt that much because sword got pretty stupid before.

I don't mind characters getting nerfed, but nerfs that take away the decisions you make at character select make me sad. A nerf should really be happening to open up those decisions.

Jinjo

I always wonder why devs don't take conservative approach to nerfing/buffing. Instead of nerfing everything, start with one thing, see if the character is still a problem and if so push the other nerf. These PTR environments are especially great for this sorta thing.

Probably leads to less kneejerk reactions from your community as well.

blurr

Had an epic match yesterday - played as bastion who I have to admit is a LOT of fun despite me being infuriated over it initially.

Kind of regret not playing competitive more. All the quitters early on soured me to it. Played a few last night and they went really well with the whole team communicating and no one quit. Only managed to get back up to 52 (placed 50 then dropped to 45) so the payout was pretty meager. I want a gold weapon if everyone else has one :(

duckroll

wtf, this is a even bigger deal than the Genji nerfs. Roadhogg is absolutely useless now if he can't kill 200hp heroes.

I don't think this is an intended effect. They are having a lot of trouble with hitboxes and detection in general, so in trying to fix the stupid looking hook moments, they ended up with this result where characters are being pulled in front of Roadhog but not right in front of him for the killing shot.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So played lucio ball to get the much needed xp to open a box. A trobjorn appears midgame and put his turret right on the middle spawning point. So after we score a goal, the next round starts and my health decreases immeditaely while i cant do anything until the countdown ends and i die. We won by 1 but fuck if that happens again.

duckroll

So played lucio ball to get the much needed xp to open a box. A trobjorn appears midgame and put his turret right on the middle spawning point. So after we score a goal, the next round starts and my health decreases immeditaely while i cant do anything until the countdown ends and i die. We won by 1 but fuck if that happens again.

Did you report him? You should, because Blizzard said they tried to fix the bug, and warned that they would be taking action against players exploiting it if they can't fix it completely.

I'm honestly kind of sad that I still haven't seen this happen.

Did you report him? You should, because Blizzard said they tried to fix the bug, and warned that they would be taking action against players exploiting it if they can't fix it completely.

I thought it was just a random bug. Did some people figure out a way to force it to trigger?

Forgot what QP was like. Who needs a healer amirite?

I lost almost every single game I played tonight. Granted I was using heroes I've never used like Zarya and Winston but most teams I went up against were running meta comps or double tracers and had 3 or 4 man premaeds while my team was mostly randoms and the occasional 2 man.

Was pretty rough night for sure. Got my one win finally and logged off. Im not usually one to complain but goddamn. Did get mercy's olympic skin to show for it though so that was nice.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kind of regret not playing competitive more. All the quitters early on soured me to it. Played a few last night and they went really well with the whole team communicating and no one quit. Only managed to get back up to 52 (placed 50 then dropped to 45) so the payout was pretty meager. I want a gold weapon if everyone else has one :(

We should play more for season 2 then. :D The one time we did went pretty well.

Blues1990

I thought it was just a random bug. Did some people figure out a way to force it to trigger?

My friends and I were having a marathon of Lucioball, but during our last match (out of 30), I somehow ended up as Soldier 76 & had no way to switch out. I purposely benched myself to a corner so I wouldn't interrupt the match, and the opposing team appreciated the kind gesture.

We won the match, but it was still infuriating that it happened.

My friends and I were having a marathon of Lucioball, but during our last match (out of 30), I somehow ended up as Soldier 76 & had no way to switch out. I purposely benched myself to a corner so I wouldn't interrupt the match, and the opposing team appreciated the kind gesture.

We won the match, but it was still infuriating that it happened.

Couldn't you have killed yourself?

I expected Zen to get hit harder than he did. He's been my go to support. He still feels real good. Yeah, you don't team melt people quite so hard but Discord is never going to feel bad so long as it A) is almost instant cast and B) Zen's personal damage is untouched.

The 200 health/shield change is what brought him into the limelight. He doesn't instant die to Reapers and Tracers anymore. You have a fighting chance.

duckroll

Before Blizzard patched it, mashing H between rounds or at the start of the game would sometimes actually swap you into a random other hero. After they patched it and warned people not to do it, I haven't seen anyone do it.

I swapped out weightlifting Zarya for her regular black outfit, I missed the pink hair.

I also think I like Sporty and T-Racer more than track and field. Now that the 'newness' has worn off.

That $20 on loot boxes, lol. :/

Still really want Americree

LiK

I swapped out weightlifting Zarya for her regular black outfit, I missed the pink hair.

I also think I like Sporty and T-Racer more than track and field. Now that the 'newness' has worn off.

I'm using most of them until Olympics are over. Then I'm switching most of them back to the ones I like more.

I spent way more than you for the loot boxes. No regrets!

KyleCross

Man, I can't believe this one guy I've been playing with. (not a Gaffer)

Basically, he's a classic "salty player." By that I mean he believes the enemy team cheats. I couldn't believe some of his claims, things like "I lost to a team that was cheating, they had infinite ults. They just kept spamming ults so we couldn't win." Now, of course I didn't believe him, especially as this is on PS4, but I pretty much went "That doesn't sound possible... but hey, I wasn't there so I'm not gonna call you a liar." I ended up playing a lot of games with him and it was... pretty insufferable. Any doubts in my mind were put to rest pretty quickly. Pretty much every match he was complaining about cheaters on the opposing team. The most common claims being:

- "I kept shooting them, but their health wasn't going down."
- "He used his ult, then immediately used it again!"
- "I died in one shot! That's not possible."
and several times when he died during a play of the game;
- "That isn't what happened! I used my ult, I didn't die!" and other various twists of "The camera is lying." To be fair, this one probably isn't too untrue as the game latency definitely changes what really happens. But his claims were going beyond what that simple latency causes.

Now, being there I knew exactly what was happening to him. Eventually I got so sick of it my non-confrontational nature finally gave way and after yet another cheating claim I finally said "They're not cheating, you just need to get good." I have never said that before, I hate the entire "git gud scrub" mentality, but in this instance I really couldn't think of any other thing to say.

Rad-

So did Zen get the projectile hitbox buff as well? If so he's still amazing.

And Genji got hit hard. Blizzard really likes overdoing it with nerfs and buffs huh.

glad i got to 60 before i took my break. I was actually going to start playing again and was surprised to see the season had ended. Also after playing roadhog for a couple of hours today he doesn't seem nerfed like it shows in that video. His hook is still messed up though.

ViviOggi

So did Zen get the projectile hitbox buff as well? If so he's still amazing.

And Genji got hit hard. Blizzard really likes overdoing it with nerfs and buffs huh.
Classic Blizzard balancing, I still have faith in Kaplan to be a little bit smarter overall though. The OW team has been quick to react and while they have lots of work ahead of them (supports, defense heroes...) McCree, the hero they focused on the most, did end up in a pretty good spot.

Anne

This is going to sound awful probably but I have all of Tracer's skins including the new ones. I like a variant of all of them enough to just switch between them depending on whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Same with Genji. If a character doesn't have a definitive "best" skin to me I'll just switch around daily if I have multiples.

I'll die before I switch off of American McCree

This is going to sound awful probably but I have all of Tracer's skins including the new ones. I like a variant of all of them enough to just switch between them depending on whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Same with Genji. If a character doesn't have a definitive "best" skin to me I'll just switch around daily if I have multiples.

I'll die before I switch off of American McCree
You monster.

I bought "The Name's McCree" highlight intro anticipating getting AmeriCree but I still don't have it :( This is having gone through about 100 loot boxes since the event started between level ups (prestiged right at the start) and boxes bought

I'm not gonna get it am I?

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
It's a good day.

TdM0BvZ.jpg

u2xturx.jpg

The dream!

ramyeon

Yup I am just gonna play comp on PTR till s2. I can't play quick play anymore it is so fucking bad.
It's really terrible. No one communicates at all and everyone's key to winning defense seems to be to all change to Bastion at the last minute. It's actually rage inducing.

I'm so glad, I finally got GBR Tracer!

Content with that now. I don't have weightlifting Zarya yet but I'm not super fond of it because they removed so many of her identifiers (tattoos, scars, hair) and I'm not sure why. The cynic in me wonders if it's to make her more "traditionally attractive" as I remember seeing a lot of people calling her ugly, as if that mattered.

Kain

Poor Genji he got the full swing of the nerfbat straight in the face

they should nerf him even harder

Don't worry, this is the typical process, they nerf the char to the ground and then they adjust a little. That or they leave them broken forever (see Hunters in PVP during all LK, I'm still salty about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom