• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it?

I kind of had the same reaction. It's not bad by all means, but I think they put the bar way too high with the Dragons short.

Soldier and Bastion shorts are the weakest for me. I really like to see interactions between the characters like Winston-Reaper, Widowmaker-Tracer and Hanzo-Genji.

Wonder what will be the next.

Pilgrimzero

So just remember players, when a Bastion is mowing you down as you try to reach the point. Bastion is having just as bad a day as you are.

I want a Junkrat/Roadhog short next. Enough with this light weight nice look into the universe. Give me the crazy!

Maybe they're waiting to go dark with season 2?

So I was going through the patch notes again, and it seems Zenyatta himself is still a terminator right? He used to do 60 damage to an opponent who had Discorb, and now he still does 60, even though the discord debuff was made weaker. So the change was that Zen is still a stone cold killer, but his team can't just completely wipe out someone's health in .4 seconds right?

LiK

Bastion short was very predictable. I do like that we saw glimpses of the war in it.

Dragons is still the best short.

If I got to choose the subject of the next shorts, these are probably what I'd want to see first

-A Blackwatch short with Reyes and McCree.
-A Mercy short (maybe with Reaper?)
-Any kind of Zarya short
-Junkrat and Roadhog

If I got to choose the subject of the next shorts, these are probably what I'd want to see first

-Any kind of Zarya short
-Junkrat and Roadhog

I don't care who the next short is about, JUST GIVE ME MORE BLIZZARD

finalflame

So I was going through the patch notes again, and it seems Zenyatta himself is still a terminator right? He used to do 60 damage to an opponent who had Discorb, and now he still does 60, even though the discord debuff was made weaker. So the change was that Zen is still a stone cold killer, but his team can't just completely wipe out someone's health in .4 seconds right?

Right, the Zenyatta adjustment essentially only affects teammates shooting the discorded target. He still does the same amount of damage.

Last night was the first time I've ever seen a 5-prestige.
e20f5a4bdf.jpg

I guess level doesn't mean anything because we still won both rounds haha

Gothos

Wait, so there's gonna be trial version? There are supposedely those strings in files:

Sorry, the Overwatch Free Trial is not available at this time.
Group members using trial cannot enter competitive play.
Not available for trial.

Would be awesome. Maybe they'll announce it tommorow?

LiK

whenever i play with Antitrop in a 2-man group, I'm always Junkrat and he usually plays Roadhog. Randos and other groups probably think we're role-playing or something, heh

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

-Any kind of Zarya short
-Junkrat and Roadhog

A day at the beach with Pharah and Mercy

Fuck it, just give me a bluray with all the cinematic shorts. I will pay anything.

Yeah the viewing parties they had at launch were neat, despite having like half the shorts ready by then.

I also hope we eventually get Omnic Crisis themed content, like maps with a different skin or maybe even a Waves / Horde mode.

Something about a Judgement Day style hold the line co-op defense mode with Overwatch heroes sounds fun to me.

A day at the beach with Pharah and Mercy

Yes pls.

Or a short with D.Va where Sombra hacks her stream or MEKA or something.

maouvin

Doesn't mean they can't get a short. Comics seem more like lore for the world from those character's perspective and the shorts seem more like a look at characters' backgrounds.

I agree, it's just that it's the "trend" Blizzard is going with - no characters featured on comic shorts showed up on animated shorts (origins videos doesn't count), for example. Maybe they'll go on like that until everyone gets a short of some form.

edit: ok, S76 got both.

duckroll

That'd be cool in like a year or two if they continue making the shorts. I wouldn't buy a collection of the small handful of videos so far.

There is actually about 40 minutes of CG for Overwatch already. I just counted yesterday. By next year there'll probably be 90 minutes or more.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah, I'd like a D.VA short and a Torb/Zen one or something.

Nimby, Hanzo is insane now. Like you can't peek out of a door without a Rein insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom