• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Seagull is just insane with this new Hanzo. I mean he always was great with him but now... damn.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the Hanzo nerfs. I mean it will affect lower skill players a bit but the higher skill players are still doing fine. There's a point where you can't balance for 100% of the player base and you have to pick a direction, unfortunately

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There will be two versions of that new Reinhardt skin.

2016-08-1820_27_47-neqnjk1.png

Paltheos

Last night was the first time I've ever seen a 5-prestige.
e20f5a4bdf.jpg

I guess level doesn't mean anything because we still won both rounds haha

I don't have a pic but a week ago I played with a 6-prestige. Only one I've seen yet (not having seen a 5 at all until this pic). When you reach 6, your portrait resets entirely to no stars, and the filler color changes from bronze to silver. Cool.

Edit: I'll add that I checked his playtime: 536 hours IIRC. That's so much Overwatch. I haven't even played 200, and I think I play a decent amount.

It sucks that the last skin I bought for credits was a frickin Rein skin and the new one is sooo much better.

Damn you Blizzard, making me waste 1000 credits :p
ill still buy it

Sn4ke_911

It sucks that the last skin I bought for credits was a frickin Rein skin and the new one is sooo much better.

ill still buy it

This almost makes me never spend any currency on skins, because the next time there will be even better skins..... ugh

There is also the chance if you buy that new skin you will get it later in a lootbox.... the struggle is real.

RemiLP

What do you guys think about the new rule of having to be within 500 points To be able to group up in competetive matches?

Isnt that a abit too strict for a scale that goes from 0-5000? That would mean alot of friends who bought this game to play together will not be able to anymore.

LiK

What do you guys think about the new rule of having to be within 500 points To be able to group up in competetive matches?

Isnt that a abit too strict for a scale that goes from 0-5000? That would mean alot of friends who bought this game to play together will not be able to anymore.

i'm okay with it. most Gaffers I played with were within my rank anyway.

Owzers

ill still buy it

Hmmmm that was the last skin i bought too, rarely buy skins but decided to get the purple/gold legendary one for Rein. No real regrets though, i do like that one.

Alucrid

Banned
what's this 1.07 update?

MAP BALANCE UPDATES
Respawn time for defenders has been standardized to 10 seconds on all maps
Payload speed has been slightly reduced on Watchpoint: Gibraltar

BUG FIXES

General
Fixed a bug causing incomplete character models to load on the Hero Selection screen
Fixed a number of bugs causing various crashes and instability issues

Competitive Play
Fixed a bug that prevented user interface elements from displaying in some languages
Fixed a bug that caused the placement matches screen to display when some players would disconnect and rejoin a match
Fixed a bug that was blocking spectator cameras from passing through some doors and force fields

Maps
Estádio das Rãs
Fixed a bug that allowed players to spawn as heroes other than Lúcio
Nepal
Fixed an issue which allowed players to get stuck outside the normal boundaries of the map
Temple of Anubis
Fixed a bug causing a portion of the city wall to display incorrectly on all graphics settings

User Interface
Fixed a bug that caused group indicator links to appear between a player and an empty player spot when the scoreboard was accessed during a match

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
finally picked this up yesterday and updated it last night like 8pm est. was the new patch available then or is there going to be another update that i need to do?

finalflame

They can play together in quick play.

For competitive, fairness comes first and playing with friends comes second. I'm really happy with a 10% bracket for playing with others.

Beckx

finally picked this up yesterday and updated it last night like 8pm est. was the new patch available then or is there going to be another update that i need to do?

there are two patches

on PC, the PTR (test realm) is available for players to test out the upcoming patch (Genji nerfs, SuperHanzo, etc); the existing standard PC servers have not changed. to use PTR: in the launcher, change your region to PTR and then install the PTR version.

on PS4, it sounds like there is a new patch that rolls out some of the things that were patched on PC a week or so ago (spawn timings on defense, etc.)

Well before it was, what, a 50 rank difference on a 100 point scale? Transfer that over and it would be a 2500 point difference. So by doing math, a 500 point difference is the equivalent of a ~10 rank difference with the old system, so it shouldn't be that bad. It will also stop people from abusing the underdog system.

If they want to queue up together then they need to be within the same skill level otherwise match quality goes to shit. 500 is an entire division worth of rating.

Blues1990

He learned his beeping from the bird! :O

This should have been obvious to me before...

If I got to choose the subject of the next shorts, these are probably what I'd want to see first:

-A Blackwatch short with Reyes and McCree.
-A Mercy short (maybe with Reaper?)
-Any kind of Zarya short
-Junkrat and Roadhog

A D.Va & Lucio combo short (she's taking time off from the military to watch Lucio's concert live in Brazil, but a mercenary militia hired by the Vishkar Corporation crashes the party, so they team up to take them out) would be awesome. Hey, there will also be a chance for more new Lucio tunes!

And I would also be down with a Mei focused short that showcases her time at the Arctic Overwatch station (such as how she lost everyone that was near and dear to her), then awakening/readjusting to a world that is in greater disarray then it once was before she was put on ice.

CqKM86OW8AAW9CS.jpg

http://gear.blizzard.com/overwatch-ganymede-plush

Probably the greatest marketing campagin of all time: "Make Bastion look cute"

My friend is going to die when she sees this. For me, I personally want a plush toy of that half-turnip, half-octopus creature (I think it's named Pachimari?) that's visible in the arcade in Hanamura's map. IT'S SO HAPPY!

Lol at some of the comments for the short.

"Bastion was about to go all POTG on that city"

I wonder if that was the same city that the original trailer was in that had the kids in e museum?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Oh wow, this Hanzo buff is pretty ridiculous. I'm usually super shit at Hanzo but just got POTG and gold elims playing him after joining halfway through a game.

I hope he gets nerfed to oblivion just out of spite.

Owzers

Comp ended and thread died. Sadface

i'm going to try to get a few more loot boxes tonight to see if i can get the summer lucio/mercy skins, but my desire to play has greatly diminished and has every time large changes are coming, i just want them now.

I finally get to be a Mei main.

Oh wow, this Hanzo buff is pretty ridiculous. I'm usually super shit at Hanzo but just got POTG and gold elims playing him after joining halfway through a game.

I hope he gets nerfed to oblivion just out of spite.
Yeah they should have just done either the hitbox change or the arrow speed change, not both.

I'm glad they're trying to make the defense heroes viable, but this one went a bit too far.

Alucrid

Banned
so we had 30 seconds left on first point defense at volskaya and two people on the other team left...then the game reinstanced us...

Sn4ke_911

Aaron Keller said in an interview if we liked the Summer Games the next events will blow us away.

Veelk

Banned
If it's not Halloween it's going to blow me away in anger!

The way their releasing the skins, it seems to be more of a trickle than the spray of water I was hoping. We got 3 legendary skins for the summer games, now we're getting 1 legendary skin for Reinhardt.

But for Halloween, I want a legendary skin for ALL the characters.

Beckx

playing competitive on the PTR is fun though. i don't think i can play Mercy on standard until it's patched.

Aaron Keller said in an interview if we liked the Summer Games the next events will blow us away.

Halloween is going to break me, i know it.

I'm also expecting the maps to get a little Halloween spruce up like WoW does, jack-o-lanterns and stuff.

The way their releasing the skins, it seems to be more of a trickle than the spray of water I was hoping. We got 3 legendary skins for the summer games, now we're getting 1 legendary skin for Reinhardt.

But for Halloween, I want a legendary skin for ALL the characters.

Well technically 2 for Rein if there is two versions of them. I also think there could be others possibly with that release. I can't see how we don't get that HotS Zarya skin with it.

Well that's good. Though it worries me seeing an Oktoberfest event because I can see Roadhog getting a beer themed skin and then missing out on an awesome pumpkin themed Halloween skin.

Sn4ke_911

hopefully they actually have new skins for everyone and not just a handful for some random reason.

I think it will be another 3 characters or so.

They don't want to over do it and rather save some for next year.

I also prefer less new skins and those are as well made as we now have instead of a rush job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom