• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

go ahead
HrIlPd6.jpg
Is that actually him though? Doubt it

Edit: oh shit let's go blizzard
After the free weekend ended I ended up buying it and am having a blast. My first Blizzard game!
It's not possible to spend currently on player profile icons right?
No for some unknown reason

komaruR

just wanna shed some light on pharah's condition in this patch. so was playing comp with vault, owzers and the gang. we played against this team on liang tower that has a a pesty pharah that was quite good at picking me off (mccree). she was a liability tho cause she wasnt helping in the sense of trying to cap the point.

but anyway, i notice it was quite tough to get her if she's at max high. it seems the now changed height nearly made my shots less damage due to range drop off as mccree. it was quite pain in the neck for me to kill her as she can 2 shot me lol. and sadly usually i was caught off guard or either she was pocket healed.
excuse, i know i suck :(

so anyway, my thoughts on pharah's changes in the patch made her quite formidable. the pharmercy combo is live again?!
anyway you guys judge me piss poor gameplay :(
https://www.twitch.tv/komarur/v/102587850?t=1h28m25s

o didnt notice she got shield from symmetra too :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I make it a point to never really ask anyone to change at the start unless people are being dumb and pick 5 DPS at the start of the match.

If it's not working mid match though I'll make a request.

just wanna shed some light on pharah's condition in this patch. so was playing comp with vault, owzers and the gang. we played against this team on liang tower that has a a pesty pharah that was quite good at picking me off (mccree). she was a liability tho cause she wasnt helping in the sense of trying to cap the point.

but anyway, i notice it was quite tough to get her if she's at max high. it seems the now changed height nearly made my shots less damage due to range drop off as mccree. it was quite pain in the neck for me to kill her as she can 2 shot me lol. and sadly usually i was caught off guard or either she was pocket healed.
excuse, i know i suck :(

so anyway, my thoughts on pharah's changes in the patch made her quite formidable. the pharmercy combo is live again?!
anyway you guys judge me piss poor gameplay :(
https://www.twitch.tv/komarur/v/102587850?t=1h28m25s

Soldier outranges mccree, though I dunno if it's still in range on pharah's new range.

Playing pharah pretty much threw rogue the series last night,

Maddocks

After many a moons with this game, I think I'm finally done with it. Had fun while it lasted, but now with everyone dealing 3000 damage per hit, it's just not fun playing Reinhardt anymore when your shield dies fast.

Then when playing comp and quickplay and everything is EZ, you suck, uninstall the game. Constant toxic crap in the chat, can only block and report so many people till they win and they won.

I make it a point to never really ask anyone to change at the start unless people are being dumb and pick 5 DPS at the start of the match.

If it's not working mid match though I'll make a request.

I make it a point to never ask anyone to change because team chat is off and I'd be talking to myself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'd like the game a lot more if solo queue didn't favor defense so hard.

some better map pinging like heroes of the storm alone would go a long way

also widowmaker bodyshotting making a return with her buff will probably make me stop playing until she's removed from the game

komaruR

well, i guess because of the height increase, she's an outlier now?!
way to high to cap or stuff :p

but anyway i thought of switching in the match but then since we winning, i guess i could be a nice lure/bait for her to stay away from the team lol

anyway, anyone got the vod link for the rogue and lunatic hai losing matches?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What does HotS do?

You have a minimap(which Overwatch doesn't of course) but if you alt click on points it'll have text commands relative to the map that show up on screen. So like if you click a bruiser camp on the minimap it'll say 'so and so wants to take the bruiser camp' or if you click on the base, it'll say 'so and so wants to retreat' or you can click one specific hero on screen with it and it'l lsay 'so and so wants to kill jaina'

Anne

Pharah is just a win more character. She reminds me a lot of Widow tbh. Either the initial play with her works out and snowballs, or she is just ass.

Owzers

I don't want to have gold medal elims as a Rein anymore, it was fun, but losing like this in comp is not. Tried some solo q and then teamed up with someone and things went the komaru way, so close to diamond. Maybe I'm the problem...once I hit diamond I keep others from it.

I have ruined diamond.

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but McCree is a strong Pharah counter.

I typically ignore McCree if I'm playing Pharah. That's not my problem to deal with and I really don't need to get on their bad side. Plus, they attack me long before I've proven to (not) be a threat and before going after supports.

Nothing about that strategy makes any sense to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion needs to be at 500 hp baseline and Torb needs something that's not auto generating armor which just feels like a bandaid.

Ghazi

with her flight buff? eh not really.

I'd worry about McCree less than Widow and less than 76 at the moment
76 is mega powerful right now, that is definitely true, but I don't see too many Widows compared to McCrees at my skill rating (which is pretty low, admittedly). Still though, McCree definitely poses a threat to her.
I typically ignore McCree if I'm playing Pharah. That's not my problem to deal with and I really don't need to get on their bad side. Plus, they attack me long before I've proven to (not) be a threat and before going after supports.

Nothing about that strategy makes any sense to me.

You haven't been playing good McCrees, then. Their first instinct should be to shoot you down. Data West is right though, Widow and Soldier are better counters.

Bastion needs to be at 500 hp baseline and Torb needs something that's not auto generating armor which just feels like a bandaid.

In Sentry mode, maybe. He definitely doesn't need to have that much health all the time.

You haven't been playing good McCrees, then. Their first instinct should be to shoot you down. Data West is right though, Widow and Soldier are better counters.

That is their first instinct. It's why I steer clear of them.

JoeNut

Is there some link to the notes on buffs and nerfs for PS4? It seems to me that things just change without any notice.
Soldier 76 seems OP now, I was kicking ass with him last night

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Sentry mode, maybe. He definitely doesn't need to have that much health all the time.

That's fine. But I also think he needs to have quicker animation into/out of sentry and into ult form. He shouldn't require Rein to be useful. He's completely exposed where as you can pick someone like Junk who pump out tons of damage and don't leave themselves completely exposed.

Odrion

Banned
I think they adjusted things a little too strongly this time around.

But it is fun playing as those buffed heroes and just wrecking shit.

maomaoIYP

Just had a brawl that's Roadhog/Lucio only on Ilios

that was one of the better brawls
I've played a lot of the brawl playlist since it dropped, I enjoy it a LOT.

For some reason "This is Ilios" (hogs n frogs only) is sort of weird and instead of just the well map it can start as some other mode on some other map too.

I don't know what the brawl is called, but the 5 reinhardts and 1 lucio brawl is complete ass.

I really enjoy the snipers only brawl, Ana is super OP there.
Overly offensive is just normal QP now, except with stacked characters.
The support only brawl proves that most players still don't know how to play support characters.
Overly defensive can be ass too, especially if it is KotH and your team decides it needs 2 hanzos, 2 widows.

I've played a lot of the brawl playlist since it dropped, I enjoy it a LOT.

For some reason "This is Ilios" (hogs n frogs only) is sort of weird and instead of just the well map it can start as some other mode on some other map too.

I don't know what the brawl is called, but the 5 reinhardts and 1 lucio brawl is complete ass.

I really enjoy the snipers only brawl, Ana is super OP there.
Overly offensive is just normal QP now, except with stacked characters.
The support only brawl proves that most players still don't know how to play support characters.
Overly defensive can be ass too, especially if it is KotH and your team decides it needs 2 hanzos, 2 widows.

Overly Defensive is alright until you get a Grandmaster Hanzo/Widow main on the enemy team and want to kill yourself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Overly Defensive breaks down to 'Mei and sometimes Junkrat and the rest of the team doesn't matter' though. Offense at least has a little more flavor

I'm just going to force myself to play hours of Dragonforce on Osu to improve my reaction time.

Overly Defensive breaks down to 'Mei and sometimes Junkrat and the rest of the team doesn't matter' though. Offense at least has a little more flavor

I saw mostly Hanzo/Widow/Torb/Bastion and literally zero Junkrats when I played today.

There was like one other Mei besides myself in one match.

Top Bottom