• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Greddleok

I don't like how many modes there are in arcade. I never seem to be able to get into a match. Fucking 10 min wait time for the brawl playlist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only seasonal items that I've used past the event itself has been nihon Genji(which I just replaced with Oni), 76 golf victory pose and Lucio' s Selecao skin(and Bicycle Kick intro)

I think I would enjoy Sombra more if 76 didn't instantly melt me when I tried to get the drop on him.

Blues1990

Yes, and with the Earthen skin its just.... A-MEI-ZING!!!!!!!!

I have every unlock for Mei except for her voice line during the summer games. :(

Funny enough, the only thing that I'm missing is Mei's Summer Games spray, but I have everything else unlocked for her (sans Golden Gun). Mei's Earthen skin is the one I use the most, as that shade of green is my favourite colour. Her Yeti Hunter skin is also pretty cute, & my head cannon is that Junkrat had given Yeti Hunter Mei one of his best traps to start off with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what the purpose of the PTR is. Like seriously. They put Sombra out on the PTR so people could test her. She seemed a little strong and a little anti-fun at times. Hey whatever, live and learn. Let's do some extensive test--

NOPE Let's put her live within a week so people stop whining about no new heroes. Let's just nerf her into the ground because our balancing swings are all over the place. LEt's make 76's ult now as devestating as Genji's ult that we nerfed because of it. Let's not spend weeks balancing, listening to feedback from every skill level of player let's put out everything on the PTR a week after it launches there like we always do instead of making thoughtful decision. Let's just do it later.

I mean they're not as bad as Valve with TF2 but their OW balancing feels even worse than their WoW balancing. It's crazy that this is the same company that put out Brood War.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They didn't nerf sombra from the ptr though.

I think people just overreacted. Even i did, but once I've heard the caveats she had even before she was put onto ptr i was starting to curb my worry about her toolkit.

Cappa

Banned
Ofc you can. There are even a few good Mei-mains in the world, anything is possible if you put thousands of hours into one character.

Yes, I was being sarcastic :))). Im also a Mei main and have reached Diamond this season, not quite Master yet but getting there, eventually, maybe... season 3????.

Funny enough, the only thing that I'm missing is Mei's Summer Games spray, but I have everything else unlocked for her (sans Golden Gun). Mei's Earthen skin is the one I use the most, as that shade of green is my favourite colour. Her Yeti Hunter skin is also pretty cute, & my head cannon is that Junkrat had given Yeti Hunter Mei one of his best traps to start off with.

The Earthen skin is the best, and with the Golden gun it just pops out. I use to main the firefighter skin, but after getting the gold gun Ive been using the Earthen skin and the golden gun just makes it soooooooo much better.

Greddleok

I got the feeling most people have gravitated to arcade since you get bonuses and some people actually liked the hero stacking. *shudder*

DevilDog

Hmm, in the japanese version, they are using some of the old mercy voice acting.

Never undestood why the changed the mercy voice actress.

I don't like how many modes there are in arcade. I never seem to be able to get into a match. Fucking 10 min wait time for the brawl playlist.

Are you playing on a second account?
The match making apparently matches smurf accounts with one another and it take a much longer time to find a game.

I mean i kinda agree. They did say that the ptr was going to be more experimental and all the changes probably won't make it through.

And then all the changes made it through.

I think they were expecting there to be a bunch of bugs/balance issues, and that didn't happen.

And no, the complaints made here don't count.

Cappa

Banned
I think they were expecting there to be a bunch of bugs/balance issues, and that didn't happen.

And no, the complaints made here don't count.

Im fine with all the changes they made, and I think majority of the people who played the PTR felt the same. I think thats why they kept all the changes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean i like it because i get to play my bae dva.

Buy just because i like it doesn't mean that it's not crazy.

I think they kinda figured that Sombra would be more prominent though because she does counter dva quite a bit.

Cappa

Banned
I'm pretty sure if you're a level 5 player and getting 4 golds every game its going to give you away as a smurf account.

I was a level 5 player getting golds as Lucio pretty much every game. It didnt take me long to pick up this games mechanics, the great thing about Overwatch is that its a very easy game to get good at but a very difficult one to master.

Getting medals isnt very difficult...

I started playing Overwatch towards the end of season 1, I never got to play in Season 1 because I wasnt level 25 yet. Playing my first competitive season and Ive reached Diamond rank. Aiming for Master next season.

Greddleok

I kept getting hacked by Sombra as baby D.Va last night. I have no abilities, and my mech is still charging, what are you trying to do?

I'm pretty sure if you're a level 5 player and getting 4 golds every game its going to give you away as a smurf account.
In that case, it just matches you up with people of your skill level. I've played against plenty of obvious smurfs.

I kept getting hacked by Sombra as baby D.Va last night. I have no abilities, and my mech is still charging, what are you trying to do?
You can't call your mech and they're closer to a trophy.

First day after the free weekend. What am I going to do with my free time now?
Do what I do and shitpost like a motherfucker.

Also, what Whippy said.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I switched off Sombra to Tracer who I never play and had much better results

then I got a brawl and got fucking all McCree brawl again

Highs and lows.

Cappa

Banned
It's actually extremely easy to do, a few different games have smurf detection.

I think most surf detection is just set up where you cant group up with much higher leveled players, thats how it is in LoL, OW, and Rocket League anyways.

It doesnt actually go as far as only matching you up with other smurf accounts.

Anne

What I meant is that it's not true that the matchmaking matches smurfs with other smurfs. I agree that detecting a smurf isn't difficult at all.

Yeah, it wouldn't be something like that. I'd imagine it just inflates your MMR a bit to try and get you out of low elo right?

maomaoIYP

Yeah, it wouldn't be something like that. I'd imagine it just inflates your MMR a bit to try and get you out of low elo right?

The very first few games I was matched up against new players like you would expect. It was a complete massacre. Within a few games I could feel the skill level of the opponents increasing drastically. In about 20 games I was getting matched up with the same people that I play against on my normal account.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's how you improve the McCree only brawl

Replace guns with Hey taunt that one hit kills if connects. So it's like finger guns + Heavy taunt wars

zoukka

What's a dad?

8c1af92cfdeb192e520d725121d6700bcd218132_full.jpg

The very first few games I was matched up against new players like you would expect. It was a complete massacre. Within a few games I could feel the skill level of the opponents increasing drastically. In about 20 games I was getting matched up with the same people that I play against on my normal account.

The same thing happened to me but ive noticed that the majority of players i play with on my smurf are all under 100, where as on my main account they are usually 200-300.

I've also noticed a huge difference in matchmaking times between the two accounts. The only conclusion I've come to is that there are a lot more players in my skill level between 200-300 than sub 100.

Top Bottom