• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

see5harp

Mercy doesn't always work in quick play since you depend so much on everyone else to do damage, but I'm seeing her MORE often in competitive since people learned how she's a bit harder to kill.

Stromlord

Gaf hold me

Finally passed the 4k rating mark

Guess Imma go out with my current rating, not worth risking even a single match for top 500

So the bonus loot boxes for playing 1v1 and 3v3 were only a one time thing? I thought they were gonna rotate those to spread the playerbase a little bit.
I hate both of those modes but I wanted 2 more loot boxes tonight :/

Have they made the 3 loot boxes from weekly rewards apply to all modes or do I need to play some garbage brawls or sombra 6 stacks (both with lessened xp) to get them

Ramirez

TlXxbSD.jpg

I guess I played a banned GAF member this morning. >.>

By rough calculation, I think I am 1-14 in my last 15. I was 10 away from master and now I might end below 3000. Obviously the master dream is dead for this season, I can say I'm just farming CP's. But I guess technically you have to win games for that to work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Straight up, the pug solo qp life got worse for any non tank when Ana got introduced to the game. Because the majority of my solo experience is I either play the tank, another support or someone with a self heal because I sure as shit ain't getting healed by 9 out of the 10 1337snipers that pick Ana. IT's probably the sole reason I have so many hours. At least Zen will throw me a shitty heal. At least Mercy will heal me if I'm somewhat near her. Ana420? Nope. Never.

Keep boosting Rein though I'm sure he'll catch the enemy Genji eventually

Straight up, the pug solo qp life got worse for any non tank when Ana got introduced to the game. Because the majority of my solo experience is I either play the tank, another support or someone with a self heal because I sure as shit ain't getting healed by 9 out of the 10 1337snipers that pick Ana. IT's probably the sole reason I have so many hours. At least Zen will throw me a shitty heal. At least Mercy will heal me if I'm somewhat near her. Ana420? Nope. Never.

Keep boosting Rein though I'm sure he'll catch the enemy Genji eventually
If I see my team has a Genji/Tracer I usually switch off to Zen. Unless it's koth in which case I always run Lucio if I'm the only healer.

Veelk

Banned
Holy fuck, I just met the most annoying tracer of my life.

She was on my team. She didn't actually fight the whole game. She just ran around, shooting out emoji's and sprays the entire fucking game. She deliberately avoided the enemy even when she could have won.

It was so infuriating to watch her throw the entire game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone with gimmicky strats say it works fine with understanding teammates 'when my team carries my ass i can definitely make it work'

Until your Pro or in a 6 stack with everyone trying to coordinate, a gimmicky strat is viable.

If your team has enough coordination to shut down the gimmick then you'll win. I pretty much go with the whole mindset of "Prove your worth with your char, or switch next round if you're a deadweight"

Prelude.

From 2900 to 2677, bye diamond. I'd really like to know how to go up when every single team is complete garbage, no tanks, no healers, and toxicity.

Skii

Man competitive is a piece of shit.

Did duo queue with Prelude and lost more than 100 SR down to terrible toxic team mates. No one wanted to go ever go healer/tank leaving it to us two even though our DPS never did anything in any of those games. I played Rein 3 times I think and I was just left to die every push.

And then people in the chat are arguing about how much damage they all did as though that is some sort of achievement???

Absolutely hate this game when it's like this.

Attack Symmetra is a bad pick, it is the correct character to pick 0% of the time. If you want to do it fine, but people have every reason not to like it. Obviously idgaf what you do in QP. And I pretty much never see attack Sym in comp. Attack Junkrat is everywhere.

Poor LiK.

FWIW I've had seen junkrats be good on attack, but it's not the majority. Not even close.
Even LiK I don't think could salvage it these days. Soldier and Dva are insane counters. It has only gotten harder for Junkrat. He is so damn bad in the current form of the game, to play him on attack? Yikes.

Top Bottom