• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Trey

I'm not sure how big a fan I am of having 2 ultimates.

One of the biggest strengths of OW is it's clarity. You have 23 characters, and you basically know what each of them is capable of. I don't think Symmetra's 2 ults will cause too much confusions, but I worry about what kind of precedent this sets. I don't want the game to change into something where I have no way to telling what kind of attack an enemy is going to perform on me.

It doesn't set any kind of precedence. Every character in overwatch has something unique about them. I would say symmetra being about to pick which ult to put down is no more unintuitive than Lucio's cross-fade.

Veelk

Banned
It doesn't set any kind of precedence. Every character in overwatch has something unique about them. I would say symmetra being about to pick which ult to put down is no more unintuitive than Lucio's cross-fade.

Trey, you've joined the brotherhood! Assuming your on PS4, send me a Friend request at KingofBlades2278.

I don't think the is anything problematic about Symmetra's double ult itself, I just don't want to see this grow into a thing with other characters.

Trey

Trey, you've joined the brotherhood! Assuming your on PS4, send me a Friend request at KingofBlades2278.

I don't think the is anything problematic about Symmetra's double ult itself, I just don't want to see this grow into a thing with other characters.

Joined the brotherhood? I've been playing on PC since launch lol

Kurumi

That plus the fact that the boop emote is missing makes me think Blizzard accidentally pushed the wrong build onto the PTR, lol.

So I'm not the only one that noticed that. Went to go preview the voice line and Sombra says nothing. I'm like what? lol

So ive finally ordered my parts for my pc so ill if all goes well i should be joining pc overwatch just before December :3

Its gonna be my first time playing an fps game on pc im kinda scared

Nimby

Banned
One thing that's annoying is that her barrier flies straight until it hits a slope. Then it flies off at an angle.

It should probably just hug the floor.

If you're invisible as sombra and you try to hack but your hack is on cooldown or nothing is in range you shouldn't break your invisibility....

On the plus side I made a widow rage quit by teleporting up to them while invisible and killing them

If they made it so you aren't punished for disconnecting but you are for leaving then a TON of people would do it.

Just have a much less harsh penalty for disconnects, and a harsher one for leaving manually. People would still have to get up to unplug their modem every time, and then wait for it to reset after. I can't imagine anyone having the patience to do that literally every time they want to leave a match.

Just seems kinda dickish to penalize you when Blizzard or Sony have server fuck-ups.

Just have a much less harsh penalty for disconnects, and a harsher one for leaving manually. People would still have to get up to unplug their modem every time, and then wait for it to reset after. I can't imagine anyone having the patience to do that literally every time they want to leave a match.

Just seems kinda dickish to penalize you when Blizzard or Sony have server fuck-ups.
I think you underestimate people. One bad round of KOTH and you can get away with little to no penalty? It would be rampant.

xaosslug

How would they? What if leavers just unplugged their modems?

if it's a disconnect from on the account of Blizzard, PSN, or XBL then I think they should not penalize peeps and it should be easy for them to find out if there were outages. But if the disconnect is on account your own wonky service/provider, then suck it up.

but I shouldn't be penalized for maintenance or server errors! T__T

I think you underestimate people. One bad round of KOTH and you can get away with little to no penalty? It would be rampant.

I can guarantee you it would not be nearly as bad as you think. Other games do it and it's mostly fine.

And, once again, I'm not saying they should implement SFV-style no penalty. Just do something for the people who get disconnected from problems on Blizzard's end, not necessarily always counting shitty internet, as you probably shouldn't be playing an online game at that point anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Symmetra sounds straight up more interesting than Sombra ever did

I wonder if Sombra can hack the shield dispesner

Syf

Banned
Symmetra was already one of my most effective heroes in terms of win percentage and K/D, so this is sounding pretty great.

mollipen

man i really hate the ptr. why do people who have never used a character want to use it there. who cares if there are changes to that character, you've never even touched it, it wouldn't affect you. Hell people dont even read the patch notes, they start dropping the shield generator out by the spawn

Isn't that exactly what it's for? As a console peon, I've been under the impression that it was meant for testing, not as a serious gameplay environment. Better there than in the actual game, right?

xaosslug

to add some variety to game modes, for hybrid cap point + payload maps Blizz should make the payload destructible by enemy and can be healed by aly, and once it's destroyed the match ends... I think that would add a new aspect to the game and better train peeps to stay on the dang payload.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Isn't that exactly what it's for? As a console peon, I've been under the impression that it was meant for testing, not as a serious gameplay environment. Better there than in the actual game, right?

Makes it kinda useless to see how a balance change would affect the live game though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Give me a new legendary Sym skin to go with the update Kaplan. The beautiful but offensive skin, the boring Mass Effect skin aren't doing it for me. Her default's great but I need something new for bae.

Top Bottom