• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Nimby

Banned
Also it seems 5 nanoseconds.

Seriously, the way he described it was a lot different.

That's not the barrier, it's just an old animation her shields used to have in the beta days. Her shield floats forward at walking speed until destroyed (has like 1000 HP?) or majority of it hits a wall.

DOWN

Banned
The shield has to have HP, right? It'd be pretty busted if it was basically a floating wall that lets you shoot through it.

PS4 and PC are different versions that would require re-purchasing, if that's what you're getting at.
I only have it on PS4. Can you not check out your PS4 stats when browsing Battle.net? You can only view stats via web if you bought the PC version?

Veelk

Banned
What does this mean:

There are 3 major lifebars that characters have.

Health is the actual life of a character that all characters have to some extent.

Shields is life that can be regenerated. So, Zenyatta has 150 points of shield and 50 health. He'll always get his shields back, not his health.

And Armor is the last one, which I think takes twice as much damage as other forms of life. So D.Va's mech has like 400 armor I believe.

Trey

yeah the sym shield is currently busted. not sure how to do it, but you can bug it out so it does not move

i believe if you throw it out at a moment where it would impact something solid and be destroyed, it'll just stand in place. i've seen photon barrier deflected off people and objects, stand still, all kinds of wacky shit lol. definitely needs work

These Symmetra changes sound awesome. I can't wait to start playing her again as soon as these go live. Gonna be so much fun to main her again, yay!

Quick question - is the shield generator on a timer? Or is it just permanently up until the enemy team destroys it?

Trey

also symmetra arcade matches are insane fun. both teams running around with 500+ health, sentries literally everywhere

/cross posting from the gaming side thread

Man I'd love to be a fly on Blizzard's wall when they reworked Sym's shield ability.

"Okay guys, so right now Symmetra is the only hero that can buff allies with shields, however it's only 25 shields and she's the least used character in the game so that could probably use a buff"

"How about instead of buffing the base shields or reworking her unique ability, we copy Reinhardt's shield and gimp it in every way possible"

"Brilliant! Ship it to the ptr, the 12 Sym mains are gonna love it"

That being said her teleporter having more hit points and regenerating plus having extra charges is nice, and the shield ultimate ability sounds nice. However two issues; why would I use a teleporter when I can prevent people from dying in the first place (her new ult) and why does she still not gain any ult charge at all while her ultimates are up?

Changes to the sentry turrets are nice though obviously.

Changes to her primary fire is also appreciated, although I've been saying it should be increased slightly for months now. Oh well.

I'd also like to see her secondary fire move just slightly faster because as it is I've gotten hit by it maybe once outside of being stuck in a graviton surge or frozen.

Being able to party up with randoms after a match is also appreciated but it's pitiful such a basic social feature was missing for this long from a team based game.

Apathy

the speed of the photon barrier is so good, makes pushes feel goo and it has a ton on health (infinite?). Pretty sure it took a whole dva ult and didnt crack

Trey

the speed of the photon barrier is so good, makes pushes feel goo and it has a ton on health (infinite?). Pretty sure it took a whole dva ult and didnt crack

Pretty sure most of her new features aren't working quite right at the moment lol

Comp' match just started and all of sudden PlayStation maintenance, and got signed out of the game. Hope I don't lose SR and get the penalty for leaving, haven't left a match all season!

Thankfully in QP/comp hero stacking isn't a thing. Cause in no limits the shield generators stack.

6 symmetras + shield generators = 450 shield on top of what you have normally

Chance

The shield seems pretty cool. The generator range is enormous. I put in near spawn in the practice range, and I can't get out of range. 75 shields too. Tracer + Symmetra will be awesome.

Generator has 400 health, 350 of it is shields, I assume the same for the teleporter.

Pulse Bomb ready!

Nimby

Banned
So a few things:

Photon Barrier

-If it's floating towards the ground, it doesn't seem to stop Rein ults
-It will catch Zarya ults but they will stay in the place they hit
-It is not affected by Sombra emp
-It can't be booped or be affected by speed boost
-Torb turret will not target shield
-Seems to work like a regular shield despite the Rein bit

Shield Generator

-It stacks! (150 shields for 2 generators)
-It cannot be hacked by Sombra (teleporter as well)

Apathy

man i really hate the ptr. why do people who have never used a character want to use it there. who cares if there are changes to that character, you've never even touched it, it wouldn't affect you. Hell people dont even read the patch notes, they start dropping the shield generator out by the spawn

I-hate-u

So a few things:

Photon Barrier

-If it's floating towards the ground, it doesn't seem to stop Rein ults
-It will catch Zarya ults but they will stay in the place they hit
-It is not affected by Sombra emp
-It can't be booped or be affected by speed boost
-Torb turret will not target shield
-Seems to work like a regular shield despite the Rein bit

Shield Generator

-It stacks! (150 shields for 2 generators)
-It cannot be hacked by Sombra (teleporter as well)

Vishkar > Los Muertos

So last point capture is going to be a little silly.

Build shield gen in spawn. Free 75 regenerating health for every defender. GG.

Shield Generator is 75 shields but it doesn't give it to you after you die and respawn. That's kinda eh

I guess that makes the put-in-spawn thing a little better.

Shield Generator is 75 shields but it doesn't give it to you after you die and respawn. That's kinda eh
Lmao I was wondering why anyone would choose teleporter over that, now I know.

That better be a bug because that combined with her not gaining ult charge while the generator is up gives it negative worth

There's a point where she could be supplying shields to absolutely no one but can't gain ult charge either and also won't get new ult charge until the enemy team finds and destroys the generator, but why would they?

Gg

hesido

When this happens with stickers, I honestly don't remember a time that I lost a match, with randoms.

TTOnsKw.jpg

I'm not sure how big a fan I am of having 2 ultimates.

One of the biggest strengths of OW is it's clarity. You have 23 characters, and you basically know what each of them is capable of. I don't think Symmetra's 2 ults will cause too much confusions, but I worry about what kind of precedent this sets. I don't want the game to change into something where I have no way to telling what kind of attack an enemy is going to perform on me.
Agreed

Shouta

That better be a bug because that combined with her not gaining ult charge while the generator is up gives it negative worth

There's a point where she could be supplying shields to absolutely no one but can't gain ult charge either and also won't get new ult charge until the enemy team finds and destroys the generator, but why would they?

Gg

OK, it looks like it's a bug. It wasn't working for me in Numbani but it's working on Route 66. Also, the range is limited like it should be.

Apathy

Gg

Its totally a bug for sure.

I miss having shields through the normal game before she gets her ult though. Kinda wish she just passively gave everyone 25 shield health or something if shes picked on the team

Can someone explain Zarya's change to me? Not exactly sure what it means.

Also on the plus side the value of my Vampire Sym skin just shot up like 500%

Is there any kind of timer or charges on the shield generator, or does it just last until destroyed?
Its totally a bug for sure.

I miss having shields through the normal game before she gets her ult though. Kinda wish she just passively gave everyone 25 shield health or something if shes picked on the team

Shield generating turrets vs. damage turrets.

Make it happen, Blizz. Let's do this buff right.

Squire

Banned
Symmetra is super buggy in PTR. She's definitely not ready for live.

They already said the ETA on this stuff coming to live was Mid-December, so there's plenty of time to work it out. I expect they actually will make some changes. This seems way more experimental than Sombra.

F sake, already tanked like 200 points+ over the last couple of days, get a streak going and get kicked due to maintenance, just get back in and I lose 50sr for that.

Top Bottom