• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

JHall

When are they gonna add the small social feature of "I don't want to play with this asshole ever again in my life"?

They used to have something similar to that. But people would abuse it. Apparently the #1 Widow in the world at the time could never find a match because people "blocked" him.

Nimby

Banned
Super excited about those changes. I'm curious how much HP her teleporter/shield regenerator has. This could be the biggest difference. Hopefully no more braindead Tracer 1-clipping it.

Chance

No, you choose which one you want.

I imagine it'll function on the same rules as the current teleporter - can't even charge ult until the last one is destroyed.

Here's a question: once applied, do the installation's shields disappear when you get out of its range?

see5harp

Which is exactly why I say 100+ because after that players will know the maps and characters. My issue isn't having to play against level 100+ players my issue is having to play a full team of 100+ players but not having a single person on my team above level 10. There is a massive difference between a player at level 100 and a player at level 10. At level 10 you haven't even seen all the maps yet alone know any of them yet. This is my issue, Blizzard should not be matching them with anyone but those within their own level range. All because they push for players to be at 50% win ratio, that is just BS. Happy to lose to better players not happy to lose to something I have no control over. Let's not even start with that level 5 Sombra.

I feel like in quick play anything goes really and I've never thought matchmaking is actually taking place. I've stopped caring so much in that mode since a lot of people are just trying out new characters and very few people care about using mics.

TheExodu5

Banned
Any other colorblind players struggle a bit with Overwatch? There are a few heroes where this is the case...basically any hero where the enemy might be highline red:

Widow
Hanzo
Especially Zenyatta (since it's only a small red reticle over players)

I wish they would let us change the brightness or color or intensity of enemy highlights. My only option is to use their God awful colorblind modes which make the game even more of a mess to look at. The colorblind option should affect Hud highlights and nothing else.

Astral

Assuming I get the drop on someone as Sombra, is it best to hack them or just go for the kill? I feel like hacking them first just gives you away. At least when you shoot first you can have the health advantage if they're not tanks.

Plesiades

So Symmetra is getting this... in a way.
3D0F62DF1F68474AB7899585FE7A8C280443A90B

Apathy

shes up on the ptr already

the shield goes up stairs but when it reaches the top it keeps going in that angular direction, quite funny

he beams range is about 8 meters

X-Frame

I haven't played Overwatch in a few months but saw the new Sym changes as well as the recent patch notes.

I see a Zarya barrier nerf but then also see that they buffed her primary fire laser by upper its tick rate. Is this a net nerf or buff to Zarya?

The shield seems pretty cool. The generator range is enormous. I put in near spawn in the practice range, and I can't get out of range. 75 shields too. Tracer + Symmetra will be awesome.

Generator has 400 health, 350 of it is shields, I assume the same for the teleporter.

Once you are out of the radius, the shields stay on you for 4 seconds (maybe 5, but I don't think so.) Stepping back into the radius gives the shields back instantly.

xaosslug

The shield seems pretty cool. The generator range is enormous. I put in near spawn in the practice range, and I can't get out of range. 75 shields too. Tracer + Symmetra will be awesome.

Generator has 400 health, 350 of it is shields, I assume the same for the teleporter.

this is kind of hilarious... now more than ever you will see peeps ulting Symm's teleporter and now shield generator. xD

The projected elliptical shield, moves exactly as fast as the characters, I'd love to know if Lucio speeds it up, otherwise the team might run right past it. I'd guess it has infinite health and just goes until it hits the wall. If it can be destroyed, obviously training bots can't do it.

Symphonic

Will be fun to actually play with/as Symmetra. Exciting stuff. I would guess the Generator is better for attack while Teleport will still be priority on defense.

Trey

zarya got a little change in the ptr too

Particle Barrier/Projected Barrier
Attacks that deal damage to both a barrier and the target of a barrier (such as Reinhardt's Fire Strike, Hanzo’s Dragonstrike, etc.), no longer deal damage to the barrier twice

Apathy

something might be buggy with the shield. playing on anubis the oppoents sym somehow made the shield just stand in place rather than move forward

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Will be fun to actually play with/as Symmetra. Exciting stuff. I would guess the Generator is better for attack while Teleport will still be priority on defense.

Her kit still favors defense heavily. More likely you go for teleporter for defense on Point A and then you switch to Shield Generator on Point B.

Prelude.

They used to have something similar to that. But people would abuse it. Apparently the #1 Widow in the world at the time could never find a match because people "blocked" him.
Oh, I know, but that's such a niche issue that it's not even a problem.
Just make it so that it doesn't work at really high ranks, where there aren't thousands of players queuing at the same time.

Veelk

Banned
I'm not sure how big a fan I am of having 2 ultimates.

One of the biggest strengths of OW is it's clarity. You have 23 characters, and you basically know what each of them is capable of. I don't think Symmetra's 2 ults will cause too much confusions, but I worry about what kind of precedent this sets. I don't want the game to change into something where I have no way to telling what kind of attack an enemy is going to perform on me.

maouvin

Overwatch Patch Notes – November 22, 2016

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Added a new "Boop" unlockable voice line for Sombra
  • Players can now select the 1v1 Mystery Duel and 3v3 Elimination game modes from the Custom Game menu
  • Added a "Stay as Team" feature, which allows players to remain grouped with their teammates after the match has ended

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Symmetra

New Abilities

Photon Barrier
  • Replaces her existing Photon Shield ability
  • Generates a large energy barrier in front of Symmetra that blocks enemy fire as it travels forward

Shield Generator (New Ultimate Ability)

Symmetra's Ultimate ability now offers a choice between her Teleporter and a new option: Shield Generator
Shield Generator places a device that grants additional shields to any ally within the its effective radius, regardless of barriers, walls, or obstacles between heroes and the Shield Generator

Photon Projector (Primary Fire)
  • Range has been increased from 5 meters to 7 meters

Sentry Turret
  • Number of turrets that can be carried has been increased from 3 turrets to 6 turrets
  • Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds

Teleporter
  • Decreased health from 200 to 50
  • Increased shields from 0 to 350
Photon Shield
  • Replaced with the new Photon Barrier ability

Developer Comments: When looking into changes for Symmetra, we wanted to address two main issues: she didn't feel active enough, and she often felt weak in certain situations on different maps and game modes, due to her Teleporter.

To address the first point, we removed her more passive Photon Shield ability, and replaced it with a much more active ability: Photon Barrier. Now, Symmetra can help lead the charge on offense or help shut down a big push on defense by actively blocking damage for your team.

For the second point, we noticed players would often switch off of her when they felt like her Teleporter wasn't as useful. For example, when playing her on defense on an Assault map, players often only used her to defend the first capture point, then quickly changed if that point fell. To help her feel more useful in more situations, we've given her an alternate to her Teleporter. The Shield Generator is just as important for the enemy to deal with, but is useful in more situations than her Teleporter.

The turret changes allow her to rebuild her turret nests faster. Even if all her turrets are wiped out, it's now easier for players to build them all back up before the next push.

The last change increases the range on her Arc Welder to make it easier for her to build up and keep a powerful charge on her weapon.

///

Zarya

Particle Barrier/Projected Barrier
  • Attacks that deal damage to both a barrier and the target of a barrier (such as Reinhardt's Fire Strike, Hanzo’s Dragonstrike, etc.), no longer deal damage to the barrier twice

http://masteroverwatch.com/news/78-ptr-sombra-redesign-and-more

Nekrono

YESSSSSS!!! "STAY WITH GROUP" OPTION ADDED TO THE END OF ROUND SCREEN!

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for that to be added, as a solo queue player this is a great feature when you actually find a good group.

DOWN

Banned
Is Overwatch not part of Battle.net or??? It says my PSN account is linked, but when I click on overwatch it tells me to buy it

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The shield has to have HP, right? It'd be pretty busted if it was basically a floating wall that lets you shoot through it.

Is Overwatch not part of Battle.net or??? It says my PSN account is linked, but when I click on overwatch it tells me to buy it
PS4 and PC are different versions that would require re-purchasing, if that's what you're getting at.

Top Bottom