• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Pooya

Mercy's winrate must be still in the toilet from what I'm experiencing. Wondering what they will change next round in the hopeless attempts to make her less useless. Just make her dual wield pistol and staff, problem solved.

I can get behind more Ana nerfs, screw Ana.

so you want what is arguably the most popular character to get nerfed to shit so that when you inevitably have him on your team (because hes popular and nerfs wont stop people from picking him) hes just dead weight and then what. u think theyre going to switch just cuz they die while theyre playing genji? no, theyre going to keep playing genji cuz they have fun playing that hero

its like with symmetra before her rework, you have this character thats just fucking awful but people pick it anyway and its useless, and then ppl come to the thread complaining about Useless Symmetra being fucken dogshit. same thing with torbjornornrormonomjorn. what do u people want? serious question.

if somebody is going to relentlessly pursue playing a specific character you should want the character to be at least moderately viable so theyre not dead weight.
I love playing symettra even before the rework but the problem with her was what was said in the developer video, she was good and fun, but only in very specific maps and scenarios due to how hard it was to rebuild turrets and if the teleporter dies it sucks

AbaFadi

Banned
That means the DPS aren't doing their job, usually. It's especially true when you have a S76 on your team after his buff.

No, it actually suggests that DPS is really bad.

I play with grandmasters who main DPS and I still get gold medals a lot. Sometimes you could just be doing a really good job. Don't take it away from yourself lol. D.Va and Zarya are very good carry characters. They can both block a lot of damage while dealing a lot of damage at the same time. D.Va and Zarya can easily average the same amount of damage as a DPS character.

DOWN

Banned
What's the exact moment it is safe to quit a match on console? Like the moment it says Victory? The moment it shows the overview and XP for the match?

KLoWn

When I started up the game today I had screen tearing all over the place. Was there an update or something that fucked something up yesterday or something?

Is anyone else having this issue?

DOWN

Banned
I always do Quick Play. Any reason to switch to Competitive? Faster XP or anything?

What are competitive points for?

I always do Quick Play. Any reason to switch to Competitive? Faster XP or anything?

What are competitive points for?

Only thing comp has that QP doesn't are competitive points which are used to get the golden guns.

And the season sprays for participating if you're interested in those.

Aside from that comp just gives you a rank and not much else.

so you want what is arguably the most popular character to get nerfed to shit so that when you inevitably have him on your team (because hes popular and nerfs wont stop people from picking him) hes just dead weight and then what. u think theyre going to switch just cuz they die while theyre playing genji? no, theyre going to keep playing genji cuz they have fun playing that hero

its like with symmetra before her rework, you have this character thats just fucking awful but people pick it anyway and its useless, and then ppl come to the thread complaining about Useless Symmetra being fucken dogshit. same thing with torbjornornrormonomjorn. what do u people want? serious question.

if somebody is going to relentlessly pursue playing a specific character you should want the character to be at least moderately viable so theyre not dead weight.
Yea, some people insist on playing Pharah even though she's completely useless. The same would apply to Genji.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sym changes with Torb changes and Sym's changes providing Bastion with a lot more survivability makes me wonder if the neglected defense heroes(ie not mei nad junk) will suddenly be more viable.

Veelk

Banned
I find Symmetra's hand animation to be kind of disconnected to the shield she summons. She does a kind of twist while holding her fingers. But the barrier she makes has an actual solid object rather than being a fixture of light and it travels forward. It's weird.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find Symmetra's hand animation to be kind of disconnected to the shield she summons. She does a kind of twist while holding her fingers. But the barrier she makes has an actual solid object rather than being a fixture of light and it travels forward. It's weird.

Her teleporter and turrets never looked like they were made from lights either.

It's the same animation as her current shield cast animation iirc.
There generally seem to be a lot of missing assets for the rework, including sounds and icon art.

I assume that they will fix any assets, and just wanted to get the rework out into the wild so they can observe that shit before they bring out the new map.

Veelk

Banned
Her teleporter and turrets never looked like they were made from lights either.
She does the double handwave for that though, and has a highlight of where to place the thing. It gave me the impression that she actually placed something down and then did the hand motions to make her light wizardry work.

I wish they'd remove the center gizmo and just have it be a piece of light and add a forward motion to the hand wave.

Order must be restored.

Anne

Ran into a group running the meta team in QP. RIP.

At least the D.Va/Rein/RH/Ana part of it. That shit sucks to deal with :<

IceMarker

Quick Match

Estimated Wait: 20-40 seconds.
Actual Wait: 200-400 seconds.

Not to mention too many people leave a game EVERY GAME and I get thrown back into queue.

EDIT: While I'm at it, Torb needs a buff! Way too many people I am playing against know how to shut him down. He's my borderline favorite hero and he fucking sucks. Also, matchmaking is still total horseshit since closed beta.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I thought Lucio was my most compatible hero but now that I've been learning Zarya I'm having second thoughts. She is amazing. I can dominate with her more than any other hero aside from maybe hog or 76 but neither of them can also block thousands of damage at the same time.

Nimby

Banned
I mean, assuming Symmetra comes out and is used a good amount (a balanced support should be getting above 20% in meta reports 'theoretically') there's only a few more heroes that need to be looked at, the list is shortening:

Bastion
Junkrat
Torbjorn
Ana vs. Mercy
Pharah vs. the World
Possibly reworking Lucio?
Tanks in general DPS wise?

And 76 and D.Va could be too strong, also Sombra is a ??? atm

DOWN

Banned
As a player who's win:lose is at like 48% wins, I'm not that good at this game and with new Soldier had over 90% survival rate and a streak of 8 3v3 wins and 3 play of the games

Yeah he's probably overpowered but I hope he stays that way lmao

LiK

The system loves to tease you a few points away like that. I was 2998 before I broke through.

they basically MM you with shitheads when you're about to reach a rank up. it's always safer to have at least a 2-man group with a buddy who can play well. i still remember when Vault and I were matched up with a team of 4 guys and they were so damn awful. we literally carried that entire team. we won at the end when Vault used Zarya Ult combine with my Dva Ult. I think one of those guys emoted Thanks! at the end, lol

Anyone else annoyed with how some heroes are so easily countered?

Loke, there are so many basic abilties to counter ultimates like Deadeye. I hate how a good team will use things like reind shields or defense matrix or ice walls

I know its necessary and allows for some skillful countering, but there just seems to be sooo many counters to some operators

Is this just how it is because heroes like McCree have it easy elsewhere? (Like his DPS)

Edit: I think my big issue is that some of these trophies require me to get 4 kills with ultimates. It's too impossible at this stage in the game's lifecycle :(

I know a kill or two with an Ultimate is very possible and more than useful.

Thewonandonly

Well I'm donw for the night just had a match where I went gold damage as road hog the only tank

we had 5 dps characters and no ducking healers!!!!

Top Bottom