• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

darklin0

Banned
Right now if it hits a bubble it deals double damage. If an ability normally hits through shields that's how it works. On PTR it now only deals the normal damage, which I honestly can be okay with if Zarya wasn't already a monster.

Huh, for some reason I did not ever realize that. I can see where that is a problem now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah you're right

but do you -really- trust their balancing and design to go the right direction

let's be real here

I trust them to do some pretty crazy things. 25% ult charge nerf is a pretty big change that needs more playing to decide how it affects each hero individually. Because it's a universal system change that affects each character differently.

Plus we potentially have 1 more character coming soon that they will no doubt have to do crazy changes after release like sombra.

I don't expect them to get balance right any time soon but whatever, I'm here for the ride.

Antiwhippy

Afreeca freecs blue showcasing what I thought was the best way to mitigate the DVa.

CC the shit out of her.

Mei still freaking good at that.

darklin0

Banned
Afreeca freecs blue showcasing what I thought was the best way to mitigate the DVa.

CC the shit out of her.

Mei still freaking good at that.

Yep. With less Zarya and more D.Va, Mei will be a pretty big pick. Especially with her wall being able to block Soldiers ult.

Antiwhippy

And then BK stars had to go back to a more conventional comp to push through overtime.

I dunno, I honestly just want to see if this meta truly has been pushed to it's limit. Because I honestly don't know.

Cappa

Banned
The game is fun either way and unless they completely nerf someone into oblivion, I am ok with whatever changes are made.

There are complaints on every single page of this Overwatch thread but not a single person is going to stop playing because a buff here or a nerf there and I dont really dont give a damn about the meta or what the pros do. I dont play Overwatch professionally, if theyre always changing things cool I really dont care, more fun for me!

Anne

And then BK stars had to go back to a more conventional comp to push through overtime.

I dunno, I honestly just want to see if this meta truly has been pushed to it's limit. Because I honestly don't know.

It definitely hasn't, just the obvious strats right now are very overwhelming.

Antiwhippy

Huh, BK stars did get the second map, though afreeca were trying to mirror them except that they had a genji on attack going against a soldier on defense in numbani.

Nano visor > Nano blade.

It definitely hasn't, just the obvious strats right now are very overwhelming.

Yeah they are. I dunno, I think the 25% ult nerf is too radical without individual tweaking, hard for me to really predict except what's being presented.

Laws00

To anybody that plays on the PS4 what are good times to play?

I live on the east coast. right now its 6:12 AM

I mean anytime is good to play but I bought the game from PSN since it was on sale.

I can't seem to get into a game what so ever. I was lucky enough to get into an arcade game 1 v 1 but everytime im waiting and as of now in a quick play match its 5 minutes

Hell I just wanted to play against bots no I still have to wait.

Been waiting 6 minutes so far

I'm wondering if I need to just delete my game and re install it

Laws00

8 minutes in finally get in a game. wait for less than a minute and than the game gets cancelled because there are not enough players..................

I just read about the Symm changes.

Considering Symm is my most played character and I pride myself on being a top Symm player, I'm ecstatic with the redesign. The redesign doesn't dimmish my current play style, and it actually amps it up while introducing some new elements.

I had gotten good with her on Defense and objective maps, basically any time when trying to hold territory or slow the opposing team through chock-points, he was killer. But it was still very difficult Attacking with her or pushing with the team. In certain team combinations I could do okay but never consistently in those situations.

But with these latest changes, it should be a lot easier for her to push with the team. having the Turrets spawn faster is huge too because now I can setup trap areas on the move much quicker now.

A part of me is a little disappointed because now there's probably going to be a lot of people picking Symm (at least in the short term). Like being able to pick a quietly effective character who can change the game without people realizing it. But she was definitely an acquired taste. The new changes should make her more accessible and maybe may result in more skins, emotes, and etc.

Cappa

Banned
A part of me is a little disappointed because now there's probably going to be a lot of people picking Symm (at least in the short term). Like being able to pick a quietly effective character who can change the game without people realizing it. But she was definitely an acquired taste. The new changes should make her more accessible and maybe may result in more skins, emotes, and etc.

I cant wait to play her with the new changes, I used to be fairly good with her... granted this was at the 2500-2700 when I was playing in the 3000s she wasnt as viable anymore, I hope this changes that.

Man this game is really testing me today, constant shit teams that just run round on their own then scream NEED HEALING when I'm the only healer. Why not hang around at least in the general vicinity of the objective? You know that thing that is the whole point of the match? No? Ok.

Now I've d/c twice but nothing wrong with the internet, just booted back to the title screen and couldn't connect to battle.net for some reason.

So now here I sit suspended for 30min unable to play.

Sigh. :(

ElyrionX

Played 3v3 to get the loot box and was hoping to get carried.

Played two games. I was the only one to get kills both games. Both games I had Sombra main-ers on my team. FML

GravyButt

After a huge break from this game because it was the only game I was playing (decided to sell it because I had to dwindle my backlog) my wife comes home with it as a gift for my promotion at work. Screw it, I NEED to honor her gift, and I miss the game!!

So what id miss the past 3 months?!

Antiwhippy

FML

QfSmNla.png

We won.

Fancolors

After a huge break from this game because it was the only game I was playing (decided to sell it because I had to dwindle my backlog) my wife comes home with it as a gift for my promotion at work. Screw it, I NEED to honor her gift, and I miss the game!!

So what id miss the past 3 months?!

New character, new game modes and balance changes.

The only constant is that people hate Junkrat still.

She had a slight nerf again in the latest PTR.
Wait but I thought if you had a bubble you can't be damaged by fire strike or dragon strike? Pretty sure I've put bubbles on then walked in front of those, gained charge but didn't take any health/shield damage until the bubble broke.

GravyButt

New character, new game modes and balance changes.

The only constant is that people hate Junkrat still.

I was really good with junkrat haha. Why do people hate him? I played his strengths though, I did see some horrible people using him so I guess I could understand why.

Alavard

How have I gone so long without playing D.Va?

Her buffs aside, her kit is just so damn fun. I just love dashing into people - so many good opportunities.

so you want what is arguably the most popular character to get nerfed to shit so that when you inevitably have him on your team (because hes popular and nerfs wont stop people from picking him) hes just dead weight and then what. u think theyre going to switch just cuz they die while theyre playing genji? no, theyre going to keep playing genji cuz they have fun playing that hero

its like with symmetra before her rework, you have this character thats just fucking awful but people pick it anyway and its useless, and then ppl come to the thread complaining about Useless Symmetra being fucken dogshit. same thing with torbjornornrormonomjorn. what do u people want? serious question.

if somebody is going to relentlessly pursue playing a specific character you should want the character to be at least moderately viable so theyre not dead weight.
yes
image.php

Then they should nerf Ana to the point of uselessness because everything you just said applies to Anas as well
RIP
As long as Genji is visually and mechanically appealing, no one will ever stop playing him. Same goes for every character really.
but that's what I mean. They should nerf him until he is no longer appealing. Then delete him.

Skii

Man 1v1 is not for me. I'm just so bad mechanically that people at my rank absolutely destroy me. The worst part is they are usually silver/gold players. My aim is just embarrassing. I don't know how I'll ever climb to diamond or higher when I cant beat bad players 1v1...

Sayad

How have I gone so long without playing D.Va?

Her buffs aside, her kit is just so damn fun. I just love dashing into people - so many good opportunities.
Dashing into people is fun, them just ruing away afterword and you not being able to kill them before they're out of reach wasn't though. Not sure why she got a health buff though, someone really wanted to shove D-Va into the meta.

Antiwhippy

Kind of, but I'm also increasingly of the opinion that healers should also be able to take care of themselves. They all have the tools to do it. Saying this as a support main this season too.

If a healer is hindering their team's attack it is not a good thing.

ElyrionX

Been away from the game for a couple of months. Been playing the last two days and just tried Dva. She is amazingly strong now wtf. She soaks up so much damage and builds meter so quick for so much mech uptime.

AbaFadi

Banned
Both D.Va and Soldier are monsters now. I am scared to face Soldier 1 on 1.

Facing Soldier 1v1 with D.Va? Just bait out the missle with defense matrix and you should be fine. Booster into him and melee him for quick damage combo and to displace him so it takes him time to adjust his aim.

Top Bottom