• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

May as well get the ball rolling here: Symm's shield ult sounds kindaaa OP. I feel it overlaps with heroes like Torb, who gives out armour...

And I dont know, facing teams who have like 75-100 extra health sounds extremely annoying if the shields regenerate

And the ult must be destroyed to cancel it, so it could prove very difficult on some maps.

..not sure how balanced a shielded Tracer would be, for example

Greddleok

I just can't play Tracer. It makes me sad, I love everything about her, but her toolkit just doesn't mesh with my play style. I'm a bully, but she's too squishy to be a bully in the way I want.

darklin0

Banned
if you don't have reinhardt the new 76 ult is more devastating than dragon blade pre-nerf

#justiceforgenji
Like I have said before, Blizzard has no finesse with buffing and nerfing. They heavy hand all the changes.
i'd rather fight buffed Soldier over McCree, tbh. lol

McCree is a squishy chump. You look at him and he dies.

Soldier can stay alive and now he can kill you before you can do anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Need 80s Lucio
tumblr_o8n5nbghfZ1rb9b56o1_r1_500.png

Cappa

Banned
My prayers have been answered..... I can finally main Symmetra now without feeling dirty!

Symmetra was already one of my most effective heroes in terms of win percentage and K/D, so this is sounding pretty great.

Same, I have a 60% win rate with Symm in comp lol

Cappa

Banned
May as well get the ball rolling here: Symm's shield ult sounds kindaaa OP. I feel it overlaps with heroes like Torb, who gives out armour...

And I dont know, facing teams who have like 75-100 extra health sounds extremely annoying if the shields regenerate

And the ult must be destroyed to cancel it, so it could prove very difficult on some maps.

..not sure how balanced a shielded Tracer would be, for example

Everyone said the same about Sombra and right now anyone that tries running her gets steamrolled.

maomaoIYP

So apparently Genji cant edgeboost in the ptr now Blizzard stop it plz.

Good.
Not that I've seen people do it on consoles, but still any nerf to Genji is always welcome.
Fuck Genji, no other character gives me more trouble. I run into these 2 genji mains on a daily basis. I lose a 1v1 90% of the time no matter who I pick, it's endlessly annoying. And it's pretty much always a potg from them.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Minorzelf
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/SNSDSicaLok
Also fuck Zarya. So happy with her nerfs.

Good.
Not that I've seen people do it on consoles, but still any nerf to Genji is always welcome.
Fuck Genji, no other character gives me more trouble. I run into these 2 genji mains on a daily basis. I lose a 1v1 90% of the time no matter who I pick, it's endlessly annoying. And it's pretty much always a potg from them.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Minorzelf
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/SNSDSicaLok
Also fuck Zarya. So happy with her nerfs.

Zarya was buffed secretly lol. Her shield reduction means almost nothing when you consider how death star accurate her beam is now. Any one who was good with zarya's left click before is now going to be a god. Super consistent hitbox hooking with her beam compared to before.

Cappa

Banned
Zarya was buffed secretly lol. Her shield reduction means almost nothing when you consider how death star accurate her beam is now. Any one who was good with zarya's left click before is now going to be a god. Super consistent hitbox hooking with her beam compared to before.

She had a slight nerf again in the latest PTR.

Attacks that deal damage to both a barrier and the target of a barrier (such as Reinhardt's Fire Strike, Hanzo’s Dragonstrike, etc.), no longer deal damage to the barrier twice

I play tanks in pretty much every game. I just want to be good with something else :'(

I know your pain, I really like the idea of playing Tracer, being quick, high damage and a real pain in the ass for the other team....I wish I could play her that way in every game rather than then 1/10 times I do try.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it does.

Problem is that they didn't account for the street pig and old man that can delete you from mid to long range

Nor the metal bunny whose own individual micro is nullifying other people's individual micro.

Anne

remember when the ult charge reduction was going to make individual micro more important

Divi9yo.png

Remember when D.Va might not be all that good? Ana Ana was actually going to be nerfed? Good times :v

Micro might be important if D.Va and Ana didn't nullify anything significant.

Anne

I thought she was nerfed further?

I mean, she gets less charge off certain things, but the bigger implication of certain abilities not being able to break shield as easily is huge for her. Genji requiring two sword swings to break a barrier is kinda nutty. At higher level the charge she gets off interactions like that is negligible usually because most players can juggle charge pretty well. So now all they've really done is make it harder to kill bubbles.

Greddleok

I think Zarya is in a really good place right now. She's tanky, she can clutch bubble people, she's powerful, but she's not ridiculously strong like she was before.

darklin0

Banned
Only thing I wish for is Soldier to stop being a mobile Bastion.

And for Winston's bubble to have momentum in air.

Am I asking for too much? ;-;

Antiwhippy

I mean, she gets less charge off certain things, but the bigger implication of certain abilities not being able to break shield as easily is huge for her. Genji requiring two sword swings to break a barrier is kinda nutty. At higher level the charge she gets off interactions like that is negligible usually because most players can juggle charge pretty well. So now all they've really done is make it harder to kill bubbles.

Huh, alright, that's fair enough.

Though I'm kinda not mad at them making the tanking part of her kit stronger, but yeah, probably not while keeping her damage output.

Who knows though, she kinda of seem to fallen out of favour now that she doesn't insta delete dva.

Anne

Huh, alright, that's fair enough.

Though I'm kinda not mad at them making the tanking part of her kit stronger, but yeah, probably not while keeping her damage output.

Who knows though, she kinda of seem to fallen out of favour now that she doesn't insta delete dva.

Yeah, she's weaker now due to meta stuff. I would be okay with the bubble change if she dealt less damage with charge myself. I don't think lowering available charge to her is a viable balance solution when she outputs this much damage.

darklin0

Banned
Yeah, she's weaker now due to meta stuff. I would be okay with the bubble change if she dealt less damage with charge myself. I don't think lowering available charge to her is a viable balance solution when she outputs this much damage.

Doesn't Genji's Dragonbalde do like 120 damage per strike? Number wise it should of always taken 2 strikes to break the bubble.

Antiwhippy

In regards to dva, i honestly think they should keep her walk speed while shooting but revert her health buff. She does huge damage up close but her problem was that people can escape too easily, and her tankiness shouldn't be a problem now that zarya's beam is properly mitigated by armour. The extra 100 health just allows her to be able to do too much damage before she has to retreat.

Anne

Doesn't Genji's Dragonbalde do like 120 damage per strike? Number wise it should of always taken 2 strikes to break the bubble.

Right now if it hits a bubble it deals double damage. If an ability normally hits through shields that's how it works. On PTR it now only deals the normal damage, which I honestly can be okay with if Zarya wasn't already a monster.

Lemstar

I mean it does.

Problem is that they didn't account for the street pig and old man that can delete you from mid to long range

Nor the metal bunny whose own individual micro is nullifying other people's individual micro.
yeah you're right

but do you -really- trust their balancing and design to go the right direction

let's be real here

Top Bottom