• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Roxkis_ii

So I bought this game during the first free weekend, but i haven't started putting in time until this free weekend event.

I have to ask, does being in a a party break match matching?

Its seems like since the weekend has ended, that all the matches my friend and I enter are so lopsided as far as team balancing. My friend and I are level 25, but we end up going against teams with multiple level 50+ members and while we have people in on our team still their teens as far as level.

Even thou you don't earn status from leveling, that's still a huge experience gap.
It's the difference between people who change chars and people who only play DPS.
(I have played multiple games where no one on my team is even on the board at the end of the game.)

Do we have to play solo just to match with people around our level?

Also, what's up with people stalling the match into overtime before they beat us?
Is that just trolling, or are people getting something out if it (other then my salty tears and anger.)

I like playing overwatch, but getting mopped up consistently up isn't fun.
Having people stall matches into overtime to rub it in our face isn't fun.
Having to try to carry a team as a noob sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tracer's voice
hqdefault.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I'm usually someone who would listen to other music/podcast/videos while gaming, but not for overwatch.

Mostly because the sound cues are super important, and overwatch takes my entire attention anyway, but the music helps.

So I've got about a hundred hours into the PS4 version and love the game.

I tried the PC version on the free weekend and it just seemed incredibly laggy. I'd be focusing on someone as Zarya and they literally wouldn't move for two seconds, only to disappear and reappear elsewhere and die.

I'm sure it's a network thing, but my speedtest.net results are solid & I have zero problems on the same network with my PS4. I even went hardwired to test and had the same issues.

I've not played an online PC game since...well ever, maybe the early 90s. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but can anybody point me in the right direction on how to diagnose and fix the issue? I'd like to double dip on the game to play with friends on the PC but not if it's like this.

Yeah I'm usually someone who would listen to other music/podcast/videos while gaming, but not for overwatch.

Mostly because the sound cues are super important, and overwatch takes my entire attention anyway, but the music helps.
I'm the same. I usually have podcasts on in the background for most games, but I turn it off for Overwatch. Too much of a distraction.

As long as Genji is visually and mechanically appealing, no one will ever stop playing him. Same goes for every character really.
What if they make the next animated short about Genji getting rid of his mask, revealing his horribly disfigured face and the worst comb-over. This change would become canon to all in-game skins. To really ensure it looks off-putting and disgusting, they can outsource the art assets to the Elder Scrolls developers and just ask them to design a random human head like they normally would. Also his sword will be mildly floppy and rubbery.

Then finally transfer the Yoshi voice line to Winston just to be sure.

I'm the same. I usually have podcasts on in the background for most games, but I turn it off for Overwatch. Too much of a distraction.

What if they make the next animated short about Genji getting rid of his mask, revealing his horribly disfigured face and the worst comb-over. This change would become canon to all in-game skins. To really ensure it looks off-putting and disgusting, they can outsource the art assets to the Elder Scrolls developers and just ask them to design a random human head like they normally would. Also his sword will be mildly floppy and rubbery.

Then finally transfer the Yoshi voice line to Winston just to be sure.

Hasn't stopped people from using Mei.

Just realized that I'm going home for Thanksgiving after class today, meaning that season 2 is officially over for me.

Placed at 2800 high was 3490, really blows to get that close, but overall it was still a good season. Looking forward to seeing how season 3 shapes up, if there is no revelation or change with the meta, and it basically plays out the same way as it has been since the latest patch I don't think i'll get close to master. I do not thrive in this new meta.

DevilDog

No ^

I tried the PC version on the free weekend and it just seemed incredibly laggy. I'd be focusing on someone as Zarya and they literally wouldn't move for two seconds, only to disappear and reappear elsewhere and die.

I'm sure it's a network thing, but my speedtest.net results are solid & I have zero problems on the same network with my PS4. I even went hardwired to test and had the same issues.

I've not played an online PC game since...well ever, maybe the early 90s. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but can anybody point me in the right direction on how to diagnose and fix the issue? I'd like to double dip on the game to play with friends on the PC but not if it's like this.

Do you have windows 10 maybe? There is a thing where it will be using your internet to share updates with other users

ChanMan

Kind of, but I'm also increasingly of the opinion that healers should also be able to take care of themselves. They all have the tools to do it. Saying this as a support main this season too.

If a healer is hindering their team's attack it is not a good thing.

Any tips for new support players? I really like Lucio but it can be really difficult to use him when your team decides not to stick together.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dva actually counters soldier really well. He can't do shit against defense matrix.

Had a game today where i just kept pushing against soldier and he couldn't do anything.

Sullichin

I'm sad I will have to travel for thanksgiving and won't be able to Zenyatta tonight or tomorrow. Considering some really implausible shit like bringing my PC setup on public transit...

I have yet to see a really good Sombra. I've taken out a lot of enemy Sombras easily as Zen and ran into plenty others who i'd describe only as a minor nuisance. Saw a good ult or two but no one really putting in work a whole match. Haven't had one that really helped the team much. It'll be interesting once more people get experience with her.

komaruR

Man 1v1 is not for me. I'm just so bad mechanically that people at my rank absolutely destroy me. The worst part is they are usually silver/gold players. My aim is just embarrassing. I don't know how I'll ever climb to diamond or higher when I cant beat bad players 1v1...
it could just mean game knowledge>mechanic skill!

So I bought this game during the first free weekend, but i haven't started putting in time until this free weekend event.

I have to ask, does being in a a party break match matching?

Its seems like since the weekend has ended, that all the matches my friend and I enter are so lopsided as far as team balancing. My friend and I are level 25, but we end up going against teams with multiple level 50+ members and while we have people in on our team still their teens as far as level.

Even thou you don't earn status from leveling, that's still a huge experience gap.
It's the difference between people who change chars and people who only play DPS.
(I have played multiple games where no one on my team is even on the board at the end of the game.)

Do we have to play solo just to match with people around our level?

Also, what's up with people stalling the match into overtime before they beat us?
Is that just trolling, or are people getting something out if it (other then my salty tears and anger.)

I like playing overwatch, but getting mopped up consistently up isn't fun.
Having people stall matches into overtime to rub it in our face isn't fun.
Having to try to carry a team as a noob sucks.
well, lv1-10 you get put into games that are 1-10 too but once you reach 11, you get put against 11-99 people. usually unprestige players unless their friend join in the game mid match or something. at your level around 25, if you soloq qp you will still get match with players that are not prestige but as you level up you will start seeing more prestige players. also there is a hidden qp mmr too.

curious of what your pc spec is? (if you think the network is not the problem) but it does sounds like one. perhap take a cellphone video of whats happening on the screen for us?

No i meant with other heroes, not D.Va only.
it depends. each hero has a slight winning formula for success to vs other heroes.

xaosslug

tfw you're hoping for good skins, but all you gun get is red recolours and santa hats... >__>

Tracer being an ass again. :D

reminds me of all the Tracer mains when Sombra was first revealed. xD

EXCLUSIVE new preview on the new arena map !!!!

this looks like something straight outta Paladins...

Apathy

tfw you're hoping for good skins, but all you gun get is red recolours and santa hats... >__>

reminds me of all the Tracer mains when Sombra was first revealed. xD

this looks like something straight outta Paladins...

It's blades edge arena from wow

Daddy's back. Man, I actually like playing Soldier.
But I like playing D.Va more.
I love that he got a grumpy dad spray for halloween. That, his "get off my lawn" voice line and russet skin (which I like to pretend is a leather jacket) means I have the ultimate Soldier Dad. In general I really like all of his voice lines thought I hate pretty much all of his skins that aren't his default or colorswapped ones.

caesar

Banned
Ranked report:

Sombra who wont destroy tele. You have invis dawg.

Dva who doesn't harass healers. You aren't Reinhardt dawg.

Feels bad when people dont have faith in the first point attack hanzo. :((*

Anne

Apparently Miro(Lunatic Hai) is dropping everything in order to just practice D.Va for awhile after their loss. Looks like a lot of serious teams are making a huge investment into her.

I'm honestly more curious what LH is going to do with their DPS players. I would marry Esca, but even I have to admit his hero pool isn't that deep. Very curious what the future of LH will look like.

IKizzLE

Nothing but smurfs and overguard teams in top 500. It's really annoying. Played against one guys 3 other alt accounts yesterday.

Anne

Ana is the goddamn problem and they need to fix her.

This so much. Some tanks are a bit overtuned, but the thing really making shit work is Ana. They need to just drop the nuke on her and figure out what to do with her later at this point. I don't get why they refuse to touch her HPS or further nerf nanoboost. She burst heals with more HPS then Zenyatta's ult and that is just magically okay.

Shouta

I'd probably nerf Ana's Nanoboost damage to 30% (or 25%) and the Healing Grenade's heal boost to 50% as a starter. I'm just not sure you could go any further than that without really making her bad though.

If I had to pick, I'd say D,Va's extra life stays and the movement during attacking is reduced or moved back to what it was before. The location of her head hurtbox makes it too easy to drain her life so the extra life really helps her tank a bit more and survive to boost out if necessary.

Chance

This so much. Some tanks are a bit overtuned, but the thing really making shit work is Ana. They need to just drop the nuke on her and figure out what to do with her later at this point. I don't get why they refuse to touch her HPS or further nerf nanoboost. She burst heals with more HPS then Zenyatta's ult and that is just magically okay.

Yeah it really bothers me that Mercy's kit is so nothing compared to Ana. Mercy can heal... Pretty well! Or she can give a little damage boost - about as much as Discord, but only to a single ally... And that's it.

Ana can heal a ridiculous amount in a sliver of the time AND deny healing to enemies (negates Zen's ult) AND counter every active offensive ult in the game or just CC an enemy out of a team fight for 6 seconds.

It's like come on, Blizz, you didn't even hold a funeral for Mercy, and you're the ones who created and killed her.

Skii

The Rein/DVA/Roadhog triple tank meta is upon us. This is what we get for wanting everything to be nerfed.

I wonder if the previous meta game was actually healthier. I can't see how you stop those three tanks unless you just play mirror. There seems to be only one spot for "variation" on a team. That spot is either Zarya or Soldier. I really hope there are good ways to counter triple tank...

Top Bottom