• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

Sombra (on the PTR) has her signature "Boop!" voice line as an unlockable.

Yeah, as near and dear as "Boop!" is to my heart, I've grown quite fond of "Mess with the best, & die like like the rest." Especially around other Sombras who spam her "Hack the planet" line.

Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssssssssssss
I fuckin loooovvveee Dva.

She was already my favorite character... AND NOW SHE CAN MOOOOVE!!!!

plz dont nerf

Salarians

Just had a match on Lijiang;
first round: get a triple kill with Hanzo's ult and then a fourth with a scatter shot
second round: switched to Mercy and did this (and Mei died too)

I'm genuinely surprised at how not-awful at this game I am.

AbaFadi

Banned
Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssssssssssss
I fuckin loooovvveee Dva.

She was already my favorite character... AND NOW SHE CAN MOOOOVE!!!!

plz dont nerf

I can't see D.Va getting a nerf anytime soon, otherwise she'll be taken out of the meta again. The only character probably going to get nerfed slightly at some point from the last patch is soldier if I had to guess.

Sullichin

How much CP will I get for my shit gold ranking?
Want those gold Zenyatta balls... I guess. The gold weapons are really lame tbh. Especially on him. Kind of want to save up in case they come out with something cooler but I assume it would use different currency or some other bullshit anyway.
I can't see D.Va getting a nerf anytime soon, otherwise she'll be taken out of the meta again. The only character probably going to get nerfed slightly at some point from the last patch is soldier if I had to guess.

She's in like every game I play now, but I'm not complaining. I find her both useful on my team and not incredibly threatening when she's on the other team. Seems pretty balanced to me although I get caught in her ult sometimes and still cry bullshit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, but reinhardt actually has to calculate how much danger he's putting himself into with each charge.

Hook is essentially risk free.

I'm just speaking from my end

'oh I'm at his shoulder, oh I'm completely out of his way it wont get m--dead'

I've had a ton of times where I was right in the middle of his path and I just got knocked into the air. The same has happened when I was playing Reinhardt. It's a lot like Roadhog's hook in that it's really inconsistent.

MG310

What a season.

It had downs, and then some more downs, and then some ups near the end.

And I got these gold Zenyatta orbs which look nice with the white/purple costume.

Antiwhippy

People should learn not to peek if there's a roadhog really.

Had this DVa last night that just kept peeking out and getting hooked.

I got 5783 CP after the season's end. I don't want to buy a golden gun tho ��

Wait for season 3, see if they introduce new ways of spending the CP, and if they don't, just buy one golden gun to not waste any points. You don't have to use it. :p
Or you could take the approach of some people I've seen that are just going to sit on their 6k until Blizzard comes out with something they like.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Reinhardt charge hitbox too

Reinhardt ult hitbox too. I got killed earlier on Hollywood near the end due to it hitting waaaaaay to the left and above the ground level it was used on. I know it can hit higher but man does it look dumb if you barely get clipped.

But yeah his charge can also just bounce you off when you're right in the center, and also magnetically latch you into it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wait for season 3, see if they introduce new ways of spending the CP, and if they don't, just buy one golden gun to not waste any points. You don't have to use it. :p
Or you could take the approach of some people I've seen that are just going to sit on their 6k until Blizzard comes out with something they like.
Watch the new thing cost 6k, mess!

KarmaCow

Fuck I didn't even think about that. I had around 5800 CP just wasting away so I bought the Zarya's golden weapon just to spend it on something.

Finished the season at 2910 SR, with a season high of 2958 achieved last night.

A couple wins away from diamond. I could almost taste it :(

Bring on season 3.

I love this game so much it has completely eclipsed Rocket League as my go to multiplayer game. It's just as good to have a relaxing time in qp, or to go rage like a mothafucka in comp.

Roadhog's hook pisses me off like little else in this game.

As a Roadhog semi-main (I generally split my time between him and D.Va):

Your tears give me strength.

REAL ANSWER EDIT: You have to remember that latency is a thing, and Overwatch favors the shooter. Just about every time somebody complains to me about a hook it looks 100% okay on my screen. You might be rounding a corner but there was enough of you visible when my hook reached you.

Everytime I play I feel like Sombra is worse and worse

doubt the pros are gonna be able to salvage her in her current state

imo balance changes they could look at

- increase the range and speed of hacking

- if you press the hack button if you don't have a target selected or your hack is on cooldown you shouldn't be kicked out of cloak

- beacon time increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds

- invisibility animation (both going in and coming out) sped up slightly

Antiwhippy

They need to remove that delay from decloaking.

Also yeah, considering mei can pretty much guarantee her stun and can't be interrupted from it, i don't think of it'll be that bad if Sombra has an easier time getting hacks off.

Veelk

Banned
The thing I worry about Sombra is that she could easily be game ruining for me while being perfectly balanced. We gripe about annoying characters. The Tracers who never seems to die, the Mei's who stop you on the spot, Junkrats who kill you with a lucky hit they didn't even aim.

A character can be annoying for a variety of reasons, but the main ones I think are 1. when a character disables you from reacting and 2. when you feel helpless against a characters abilities.

Every one of Sombra's abilities caters to one of those 2 things. Hacking and EMP shit you down from being to do anything, while there's no real way to detect her while she's invisible and crossing enemy lines and there's nothing you can do about her escaping with her teleport. Right now, the main things that make her bearable is that her cloaking/decloaking takes time, her hacking takes time, her teleport is a one-off (plus you can ambush her), and her DPS is such that it requires you are able to maintain your aim on a target.

I'm still amazed I don't hate her already. But the general consensus seems to be that she needs a buff. And I'm just wondering how things will be if she actually gets it. Sombra is a hero I'm utterly terrified of becoming a mainstay just because she could easily become everything I hate in Overwatch.

Please don't buff Sombra. I don't want another Ana.

I'd like all characters to be viable. It's still pretty early to tell but so far Sombra is definitely low tier. If things don't change within the first two weeks of Season 3 they should definitely buff her.

The thing I worry about Sombra is that she could easily be game ruining for me while being perfectly balanced. We gripe about annoying characters. The Tracers who never seems to die, the Mei's who stop you on the spot, Junkrats who kill you with a lucky hit they didn't even aim.

A character can be annoying for a variety of reasons, but the main ones I think are 1. when a character disables you from reacting and 2. when you feel helpless against a characters abilities.

Every one of Sombra's abilities caters to one of those 2 things. Hacking and EMP shit you down from being to do anything, while there's no real way to detect her while she's invisible and crossing enemy lines and there's nothing you can do about her escaping with her teleport. Right now, the main things that make her bearable is that her cloaking/decloaking takes time, her hacking takes time, her teleport is a one-off (plus you can ambush her), and her DPS is such that it requires you are able to maintain your aim on a target.

I'm still amazed I don't hate her already. But the general consensus seems to be that she needs a buff. And I'm just wondering how things will be if she actually gets it. Sombra is a hero I'm utterly terrified of becoming a mainstay just because she could easily become everything I hate in Overwatch.
Oh I totally share your concerns, she's one of those heroes like Widow or Bastion where if I had to choose between being great or being useless I'd probably choose being useless just because they'd kind of ruin the game if they were too good. I cringed when they revealed her abilities.

But I honestly think Sombra is by far the worst offense character in the game right now so doing slight buffs won't make her unbearable.

Anne

I remember when Ana didn't heal enough to keep up with anybody or do anything. Now "Sombra doesn't deal enough damage" or "it's too hard to get a hack off." In this fucked up metagame at that. The only reason Ana wasn't picked up earlier was because cancer comp was so silly, and even then NiP developed her tank strat during that patch cycle.

Idk, Ana should be a lesson. The last decade of MOBAs where this always happens should be a lesson.

I remember when Ana didn't heal enough to keep up with anybody or do anything. Now "Sombra doesn't deal enough damage" or "it's too hard to get a hack off." In this fucked up metagame at that. The only reason Ana wasn't picked up earlier was because cancer comp was so silly, and even thin NiP developed her tank strat during that patch cycle.

Idk, Ana should be a lesson. The last decade of MOBAs where this always happens should be a lesson.

Yeah I'm hesitant to consider her anything right now. She's still very new, and she clearly has a high skill floor (let alone ceiling) to start with. Let's give it until at least 2017 before we talk about buffing or nerfing her.
There are some QoL changes I feel like that might be necessary with her, such as the cloak not having that startup delay before the movement buff applies, but that's really it as far as changes go for now.

Overwatch needs sentry wards.

Antiwhippy

Thing is she could be the answer against the current meta.

Which would probably bring about whole other problems.

But still!

Zomba13

Seriously, what has Blizzard done since the "fix" for changing the preset to Ultra if you were on Epic? Since the patch that fixed it I've been getting frame drops and and it's basically unplayable now. I'm still getting mostly over 60 but there are now drops into the 50s and it's completely messing up how I play. I expect the game to be smooth as silk as it has been these past many months but now "oh sorry, stutter and drops for you right when you need to aim!".

so because I'm a capitalist shill and I have some spare change to throw around at Overwatch things I figured I'd look in to figures. The Cute But Deadly Bastion and Pharah figures someone posted a few days ago looked nice. Decent design for $10 and much better than the Funko Pops.... or so I thought

cbd_blindvinylseries2_tracer_webver.jpg

"kill me"

Top Bottom