• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana: Peridot. The dark horse.
Bastion: Tombstone
D.Va: B.Va
Genji: Oni
Hanzo: Okami
Junkrat: Toasted.
Lucio: Ribbit or Selecao. Both work.
McCree: Gambler with Gunspinning and I'm Your Huckleberry
Mei: Yeti Hunter
Mercy: idc
Pharah: Mechaqueen but I'm kind of bored of it
Reaper: El Blancho
Reinhardt: Balderich
Roadhog: Islander
Soldier 76: Morrison
Sombra: Muertos
Symmetra: Utopea
Torbjorn: Barbosa but none of them are that great
Tracer: Posh or T.Racer
Widowmaker: Comtesse
Winston: Undersea
Zarya: Default
Zenyatta: Ifrit or Djinyatta both work

I've done the science

Veelk

Banned
I mean, you kinda have to have a sniper in an FPS. It would be even weirder if she weren't there.

Well on consoles she might as well not be and the game isn't any worse.

Guys, how can you say we don't have a sniper in the game sans Widow when we have hojo. His aim is true.

latest

I got Peridot from a lootbox. Tried it once, was disgusted at the garish yellow and returned to superior Garnet.
I really just want to get Lapis.

We're talking about Steven universe, right?

Veelk

Banned
He doesn't even have a scope. I mean he can snipe yeah but I usually use him more aggressively than a typical sniper.

Sarcasm, man. I don't think anyone can realistically play him as an actual sniper. Having to account for travel time, arc, and environment are hard enough, but the enemies can also turn on a dime, so the slightest change in trajectory at a large distance means the arrow isn't gonna hit except by pure luck.

He's intended to be a sniper, but he's actually a midrange fighter. Basically the distance Soldier engages his enemies. Anyone trying to use him otherwise is either clairvoyant or is just gonna have a bad time.

Edit: actually, there is one single situation where his use as a sniper was appropriate. At the start of the match, I snuck off to the other side of the chokepoint on hollywood, but where the enemy teach couldn't see me. They were hiding behind a reinhardt's shield as they approached. I sniped arrows at the Reinhardt's back, a big, slow moving target, and we performed a Pincer manuever on the team. He could die to my arrows in his back or he could turn around and get shot by my team.

This is the only situation where sniping with Hanzo actually worked as intended, when the enemy was literally impossible to miss. And in retrospect, it's easily counterable once they respawn.

Sarcasm, man. I don't think anyone can realistically play him as an actual sniper. Having to account for travel time, arc, and environment are hard enough, but the enemies can also turn on a dime, so the slightest change in trajectory at a large distance means the arrow isn't gonna hit except by pure luck.

He's intended to be a sniper, but he's actually a midrange fighter. Basically the distance Soldier engages his enemies. Anyone trying to use him otherwise is either clairvoyant or is just gonna have a bad time.
Oh yeah, it's 5am my bad. I just see a lot of people trying to snipe with him so it bugs me.

AngryMoth

Widow is fine honestly. Unlike someone of the BS in the game (*cough* hook *cough) she actually takes skill to be played effectively and there are plenty of good counters. Maybe it takes some team work and coordination to shut down a really good player but this is a team based game afterall. If anything I think her grapple cool down should be shorter

Fonds

Really curious what the placement tweaks will do to my placement matches this time around.

Last time I was placed at 2300 and I was able to climb a bit to 2500.
Haven't played competitive very long this season (1 month) so I'm hoping to do a bit better this season.

ISOM

How is it that when I play quickplay games my team gets the one healer who is Ana and the other team gets mostly Mercy and sometimes double healers. Like is this game trying to frustrate me on purpose? Jesus. 3 straight games where our only healer was Ana and my teammates couldn't kill shit.

ISOM

Solo ana healer is honestly way better than solo healer mercy.

While that may be true, you're assuming you're getting a competent Ana. If you're not, point and hold left click Mercy is better than watching Ana trying to snipe people on your deathcam.

This Lvl 14 Ana would not heal me like i dont understand.

Im playing winston and standing right next to her she shoots 2 darts at me still leaving about a quarter of my health to be healed and decides to 1v1 a hanzo across the map instead and obviously gets killed. I just shake winston left and right to show my disapproval in her death state kill cam.

She did stuff like that the entire match.

I dont like spamming heal me and i didnt but man was she testing my patience.

Ana: Merciful
D.Va: Junker
Genji: Carbon Fiber or Nihon
Junkrat: Jailbird or Junkenstein
Lucio: Selecao or Striker
McCree: AmeriCree
Mei: Abominable
Mercy: Sigrun
Pharah: Thunderbird
Reaper: Pumpkin or Mariachi
Reinhardt: Balderich (although let's be honest, all of Reinhardt's skins are amazing)
Roadhog: Stitched
Soldier 76: Bone
Sombra: Cyberspace (would be Virus if not for the toe shoes)
Symmetra: Utopaea
Torbjorn: Woodclad but I don't really like any of Torb's skins
Tracer: Slipstream
Widowmaker: Huntress
Winston: Explorer
Zarya: Dawn
Zenyatta: Ifrit

This is the correct list of best skins.

Ana: Merciful
D.Va: Default
Genji: Carbon Fiber or Nihon
Junkrat: Jailbird or Junkenstein
Lucio: Selecao or Striker
McCree: AmeriCree
Mei: Abominable
Mercy: Sigrun
Pharah: Thunderbird
Reaper: Pumpkin or Mariachi
Reinhardt: Balderich (although let's be honest, all of Reinhardt's skins are amazing)
Roadhog: Stitched
Soldier 76: Bone
Sombra: Cyberspace (would be Virus if not for the toe shoes)
Symmetra: Utopaea
Torbjorn: Woodclad but I don't really like any of Torb's skins
Tracer: Sporty
Widowmaker: Huntress
Winston: Explorer
Zarya: Dawn

This is the correct list of best skins.

fixed

Kito

While that may be true, you're assuming you're getting a competent Ana. If you're not, point and hold left click Mercy is better than watching Ana trying to snipe people on your deathcam.

I've checked out career profiles on some Ana mains and confirmed my DPS suspicions, not even 1000 average heal (no exaggeration). I'm guessing they want to appease whiny 222 players by meeting the technicality of a second healer and be DPS incognito.

ElyrionX

Did they take out the total games played stats from the stats screen? I can't seem to find it anymore. Just want to know my win %.

MrPanic

The only skins that deserve shoutouts imo are:

McCree: Vigilante
Mei: Yeti Hunter
Reinhardt: Balderich

For the rest all characters have decent legendaries. Well, except for D.Va and Soldier, they'll be stuck with trash tier skins forever it seems.

I'm so glad S2 is done. The games have been absolutely dog shit on PS4 since the Sombra patch dropped.

On another note, there's a mic'd dude on PS4 I who exclusively plays while exercising on his elliptical trainer. He's not even bad, I'm impressed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Let's all be honest with ourselves. Sunyatta > Ifrit.

D.va doesn't have great skins but White Rabbit is my favorite.

Greddleok

Yeah, I don't really like any of D.Va's legendary skins. The mechs look OK, but they really fucked up D.Va's hair.

White Rabbit/Carbon/Default are all I use.

Skii

Regardless of everything, Genji has by far the best epic skin in the game. It is so fucking clean.

Dva's skins are okay but they don't really change much of the design like other legendaries do.

I don't really care for Sombra's skins either. They're okay but nothing special.

The most consistent character in terms of skins is probably McCree. They all look good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Atleast my screen isn't blocked with massive hand rings. ;_;

And yeah I think all of Sombra's are pretty ass. Noche is alright. I actually don't really like the character in general much at all tbh.

Top Bottom