• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Chance

Zen's got the coolest design in the whole game

I always knew Overwatch would be The Successful Shooter of 2016 (vs. Battleborn and... I guess Lawbreakers never came out), but as someone who loathes multiplayer I never paid it much thought.

Then I saw Zenyatta gameplay and thought "robot Buddhist monk. Well this is fucking awesome."

Nimby

Banned
So anyone see that theory on who Pharah's dad is on r/Overwatch?

Every characters blue skins are based off a theme. For Ana, they're all named after jewels (Garnet, Peridot, and Turquoise). Pharah's blues are a combination of two different themes, jewels and metals or
Ana (jewels) and Reinhardt (metals)

I mainly play on PC, but I bought this on PS4 with the sale price just to have it to play with my PS4 friends and to be able to play overwatch on the couch. Boy howdy, it's a good think I like playing support because nobody picks it here either, huh?

I mainly play on PC, but I bought this on PS4 with the sale price just to have it to play with my PS4 friends and to be able to play overwatch on the couch. Boy howdy, it's a good think I like playing support because nobody picks it here either, huh?

Yeah, I've been putting a ton of time into Ana recently. It seems that everybody locks on to Genji/Hanzo, D.Va, Sombra and Soldier immediately regardless of team comp.

Dreavus

Every characters blue skins are based off a theme. For Ana, they're all named after jewels (Garnet, Peridot, and Turquoise). Pharah's blues are a combination of two different themes, jewels and metals or

Yeah. I don't think it says anything though. I wasn't under the impression that Pharah's father was any kind of secret, he's just not mentioned at all... like anyone else's parents. Other than Ana, because she's a soldier who has/had a role to play in the whole Overwatch Saga, no one else is mentioned.

The tone of their interactions is one of old friends more than anything else IMO.

Also Reinhardt doesn't seem like the kind of personality that would keep anything like that hidden, at all.

Kito

As someone who exclusively did comp for the 1 hero limit, I was looking forward to playing QP again and... cheater in my first game. Half the team left before I did. Done with OW for the night and another reason to never play QP.

Hanzo main switches to Tracer in the last min of Eichenwalde and proceeds to solo the entire team; kill feed is an infinite list of Tracer -> X. Insane headshot tracking and wallhacks.

Yeah they said Pharah's father isn't a big secret they're trying to keep, both inside of the story and outside of it, it's just something they haven't gotten to telling yet.

another reason to never play QP.

You're aware that like 99% of the cheaters are in comp, right? Like, maybe currently QP will see a bit of insurgence cause of it being off-season, but there's nothing to gain from cheating in QP.

Kito

You're aware that like 99% of the cheaters are in comp, right? Like, maybe currently QP will see a bit of insurgence cause of it being off-season, but there's nothing to gain from cheating in QP.

I would have thought there is more incentive to cheat in QP as nobody cares, whereas in comp everybody is taking it super seriously and on your ass. I personally rarely, if ever, ran into cheaters into comp across 500+ games (EU Platinum tier). Whereas in QP I would regularly run into McCree cheats.

Been having a ton of fun with torb on payload maps, the auto generate scrap passive and faster hammer are so good!

Also.. soldier is some kind of monster. Love playing as him now. Now to figure out how to deal with his counters

I-hate-u

Should I buy Skyrim and GTA V for cheap? Good deals, but the chances of me playing those time sink games with Overwatch sitting there are slim.

0%. Once OW sinks its teeth it's not letting go.

I personally found those games very sluggish and didn't get very far in either. Plus it seems OW is getting some new content in late DEC so you'll want to be going back anyway.

Should I buy Skyrim and GTA V for cheap? Good deals, but the chances of me playing those time sink games with Overwatch sitting there are slim.

For sure, it's extremely fun (characters/missions).

But even if you just focus on the story missions it's still a very big game. OW comp break is only one week D:

DevilDog

tracer___overwatch_by_plank_69-d9xzlhe.png

creepy dudes?

People often mistake her for a boy at first glance.

Tracer has outstanding design, that is why she is the mascot. Enough said.

xaosslug

i can't imagine how payload + Symm + all 6 lasers + big ol' photon shield does not = win. xD

lol, you'll be lucky if you get a tank, and a S76 to huddle on his biotic field.

NeoRaider

You know, Symmetra is the most condescending hero in this game, her lines emphasis that a lot.

For some reason i love her as a character so much. Maybe she is not the most fun to play but she is such a diva! That conversation with Torb is hilarious every time. Or when she says: "You were not meant for greatness!"...
Really interesting character imo. Would love to see her in animated short.

I personally found those games very sluggish and didn't get very far in either. Plus it seems OW is getting some new content in late DEC so you'll want to be going back anyway.
Yea, I'm not gonna play them.

I'll save the money. Overwatch owns my soul :(

Hope I can at least play Horizon and Mass Effect Andromeda.

xaosslug

You know, Symmetra is the most condescending hero in this game, her lines emphasis that a lot.

her 'hello' is the absolute most. I had a troll Symm set up her teleporter inside the first spawn point (the ship) on Anubis after we took point A, and when I exited the teleporter she's like 'hello' waving and bouncing... pissed me off more than the actual teleporter shenanigans! -___-

no doubt, but I'll probably take a break for The Last Guardian and MAYBE FFXV, tho.

Just finished turkey dinner at the grandparents and I'm already hankering for some OW. Goddamn this game is lethal. Wouldn't be so bad, but days off are so few and far between for me!

her 'hello' is the absolute most. I had a troll Symm set up her teleporter inside the first spawn point (the ship) on Anubis after we took point A, and when I exited the teleporter she's like 'hello' waving and bouncing... pissed me off more than the actual teleporter shenanigans! -___-

Best trollish sitting emote + hello + teleporter shenanigans. Even her laugh is trollish

Symmetra was designed to be a troll.

Skii

Just did some extensive "testing" with Soldier and Dva on QP... Lol they are so broken. Gold everything and I never play these heroes. Soldier just destroys everything. No real counter at all and his ult effectively cancels other ults because of how stupidly powerful it is.

pizzacat

Banned
Good little video made it to the top of the Overwatch subreddit about subtle cheating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXjPdXUZz8

Disclaimer: Not every person with good aim and a tendency to shoot like this is a hacker. I play McCree with 50%+ average accuracy and multiple crits. I make weird crosshair movements(people who've seen my potgs know this too well lol). I'm not a hacker. I have spotted these out in the wild though, the first time was against a Soldier that was p obvious, especially since he had the worst positioning known to man.

I'm always really curious about what is going on with hacks so I look into them and ask around every now and then. I like to be able to spot or just know things. I'm pretty sure some pretty nutty hacks are starting to get out there.

edit: Also this guy claims this is common and looks at forums. That's not true. This thing isn't really all that common, just a bit more so than people might think.
The description is killing me because my last comp game had a mccree getting some nasty crits off me stun boost jumping. He was a silver with 2 diamonds so I assumed smurf but eh who knows I guess?

I've only put like four hours into Dishonored 2 - Overwatch drew me back quicker than expected. I've barely played anything single player since I got it. What's happened to me?!?

The description is killing me because my last comp game had a mccree getting some nasty crits off me stun boost jumping. He was a silver with 2 diamonds so I assumed smurf but eh who knows I guess?

Silver portrait? That means he's prestiged five times... Isn't that the opposite of a smurf?

Would hardly shock me

Just did some extensive "testing" with Soldier and Dva on QP... Lol they are so broken. Gold everything and I never play these heroes. Soldier just destroys everything. No real counter at all and his ult effectively cancels other ults because of how stupidly powerful it is.
I had a dream that D.Va had 800 hitpoints lol

ISOM

Soldier is an easy Hero to play though because his kit is so simple. If you've played other FPS games and were good in them then you'll be good with Soldier most likely. As for D.va, she is good but it's not easy to play her if you don't know what her role is.

Nimby

Banned
You mean the one that the Internet blew out of proportion without understanding what was going on?

Her pose was lame, they changed it.

That was one of the most pointless 'controversies' but I am glad cause I like her current one better.

Part of me wants them to add it back in.

Top Bottom