• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Atleast my screen isn't blocked with massive hand rings. ;_;

And yeah I think all of Sombra's are pretty ass. Noche is alright. I actually don't really like the character in general much at all tbh.

I'm not wild about any of Sombra's skins. I think my favorites are probably the Team GB Tracer and the weightlifter Zarya.

I echo the sentiments about D.Va's skins though - they're all pretty unremarkable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Where do people keep meeting the DPS anas?

While maybe I don't really run into them that much because I'm usually the ana, the anas I've met never really go all dps.

Fonds

Lol I have all Zen's skins, but I keep him in his default. He's a monk! Humble. Pious. Simple. (Peace sign.)

The Indian theme still fits with a Buddhist monk imho... Just don't understand why they came up with an Ancient Egypt skin in his case...

Plesiades

We need a Mondatta skin tho...
BlCbnsZ.jpg

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Don't worry about who is and isn't popular in the meta right now, it's not important when you first start playing. Just keep playing the game and having fun and you'll start to pick up more of the minutia like who is a good counter to who etc by yourself.

PTR is the testing server on PC where they put up new features and balance changes for community testing.

Mercy is not the best support, but she is quite good still.

PTR is a test version of the game available only on PC. It's where all the new updates will hit first, before going live. So always keep an eye on it for the news, even if you don't have it.

Here's a cool resource I used starting out to learn about the characters and what they're good for, who they're bad against, etc:

https://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/

Thanks - it's appreciated!!

Soldier is crazy now. Was watching my friend who's probably played about an hour of Overwatch play him and the damage - even with his limited game sense - was ridiculous.

Season two is over? Shit. I managed to climb up to 2620 but it's so hard when all you do is play with randoms and still deal with baffling leavers every handful of games. Plus I almost always get silver and golds in my losses. I'm not claiming to be some kind of elite player but I feel like it's impossible to progress much alone.

Edit: sorry had to get what I experienced in the last month during my ban off my chest lol.

I'm not wild about any of Sombra's skins. I think my favorites are probably the Team GB Tracer and the weightlifter Zarya.

I echo the sentiments about D.Va's skins though - they're all pretty unremarkable.

Yep, I use the Summer games one because it's blue. Not a fan of either Legendary.

AbaFadi

Banned
People would probably like Mercy more if most people knew how to hide when they have their ult and resurrect the team when they die. Most mercy's just go to the frontlines to die and never get a good ult off once the entire game. I think she does need an extra ability of some form though to be considered more viable. I do like how fast she recovers health now after taking damage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's My issue with most of the mercies i have had honestly.

Like, mercy mains love complaining about their team not looking after them, but in reality they also aren't really playing her right either.

pizzacat

Banned
That's My issue with most of the mercies i have had honestly.

Like, mercy mains love complaining about their team not looking after them, but in reality they also aren't really playing her right either.

The best place to hide are places of no return, but you have to trust your teammates to peak out so you could fly to them

BigDug13

People would probably like Mercy more if most people knew how to hide when they have their ult and resurrect the team when they die. Most mercy's just go to the frontlines to die and never get a good ult off once the entire game. I think she does need an extra ability of some form though to be considered more viable. I do like how fast she recovers health now after taking damage.

I think she's poorly designed from an ultimate standpoint. She shouldn't be encouraged to refrain from fulfilling her purpose as healer so that she can hide, let all her teammates die, then save the day with a team resurrection.

Omg I made enough to buy a golden wep but I'm hesitating for who... My mind is telling me Lucio but plz let him stay viable Blizzard. ;n;

Edit

ayyyyyy

y5IMw2S.png

Soldier is crazy now. Was watching my friend who's probably played about an hour of Overwatch play him and the damage - even with his limited game sense - was ridiculous.
McCree's primary still out damages Soldier, the problem is Soldier is more generous with aiming plus his helix rockets allow for a longer engagement range than McCree's stun/fan the hammer even if the latter obviously does more damage.

S76 also a sprint so he can engage/disengage easier and of course he's got the self healing going for him.

Annnnd his ult went from being one of the worst ones to one of the best ones after his damage buff, especially since now he's probably the go-to Ana boost character.

I wouldn't be mad if McCree got his 50% charge if he doesn't use High Noon back, especially with the ult charge nerf.

caesar

Banned
McCree's primary still out damages Soldier, the problem is Soldier is more generous with aiming plus his helix rockets allow for a longer engagement range than McCree's stun/fan the hammer even if the latter obviously does more damage.

S76 also a sprint so he can engage/disengage easier and of course he's got the self healing going for him.

Annnnd his ult went from being one of the worst ones to one of the best ones after his damage buff, especially since now he's probably the go-to Ana boost character.

I wouldn't be mad if McCree got his 50% charge if he doesn't use High Noon back, especially with the ult charge nerf.

McCree is fine, definitely doesn't need a buff. The ult charge nerf buffed him anyway, his left click is a real workhorse. Soldier is just a better solo carry because he can heal himself and has mobility, McCree still needs his team somewhat to provide him with necessary space. For example standing behind Reinhardt and being passively healed by Lucio means you can basically just aim freely, if the enemy lets me have that space I can easily mop up the team. It's actually DVA that I absolutely cannot stand post-patch.

Source: McCree 'main'.

McCree is fine, definitely doesn't need a buff. The ult charge nerf buffed him anyway, his left click is a real workhorse. Soldier is just a better solo carry because he can heal himself and has mobility, McCree still needs his team somewhat to provide him with necessary space. For example standing behind Reinhardt and being passively healed by Lucio means you can basically just aim freely, if the enemy lets me have that space I can easily mop up the team. It's actually DVA that I absolutely cannot stand post-patch.

Source: McCree 'main'.
Hmm yeah I've still done well with McCree post-patch, I'm just shooting the shit. S76's utility is just so much better.

Hanzo truly is the worst, just point in a direction and rack up kills. People complain about Widow's zoning being too much but at least Widow has to aim.

Anne

Good little video made it to the top of the Overwatch subreddit about subtle cheating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXjPdXUZz8

Disclaimer: Not every person with good aim and a tendency to shoot like this is a hacker. I play McCree with 50%+ average accuracy and multiple crits. I make weird crosshair movements(people who've seen my potgs know this too well lol). I'm not a hacker. I have spotted these out in the wild though, the first time was against a Soldier that was p obvious, especially since he had the worst positioning known to man.

I'm always really curious about what is going on with hacks so I look into them and ask around every now and then. I like to be able to spot or just know things. I'm pretty sure some pretty nutty hacks are starting to get out there.

edit: Also this guy claims this is common and looks at forums. That's not true. This thing isn't really all that common, just a bit more so than people might think.

Good little video made it to the top of the Overwatch subreddit about subtle cheating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXjPdXUZz8

Disclaimer: Not every person with good aim and a tendency to shoot like this is a hacker. I play McCree with 50%+ average accuracy and multiple crits. I make weird crosshair movements(people who've seen my potgs know this too well lol). I'm not a hacker. I have spotted these out in the wild though, the first time was against a Soldier that was p obvious, especially since he had the worst positioning known to man.

I'm always really curious about what is going on with hacks so I look into them and ask around every now and then. I like to be able to spot or just know things. I'm pretty sure some pretty nutty hacks are starting to get out there.
I don't understand how people can even have fun playing with hacks.

That being said this is one of the reasons I'm glad I play on ps4. There might be a few hackers but it's obviously much less of a problem there.

mollipen

Lol I have all Zen's skins, but I keep him in his default. He's a monk! Humble. Pious. Simple. (Peace sign.)

I really like how Zenyatta plays, but I cannot stand his character. It drives me so crazy that I hate playing him, even though I enjoy playing him.

xaosslug

can you set up Symm's shield generator in spawn? This could be super helpful ridiculous on maps like Hanamura & Anubis point B... xD

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Have any Zaryas out there been able to take down a D.VA at full health? After her HP boost I find it nearly impossible. She's the only hero I feel like I can't reliably crush as Z.

Ana: Ghoul. Captain Amari/Horus and Shrike as runnerups.
Bastion: BlizzCon. Dawn, Omnic Crisis and Tombstone as runnerups.
D.Va: Taegeukgi. BVa/Junebug and Carbon Fiber as runnerups.
Genji: Oni. Nihon as runnerup.
Hanzo: I don't fucking care.
Junkrat: Junkenstein. Jailbird as runnerup.
Lucio: Ribbit/HippityHop. Vermelho as runnerup.
McCree: American. Mystery Man as runnerup.
Mei: Snow Plum. Persimmon as runnerup.
Mercy: Witch. Eidgenossin, Cobalt and Amber as runnerups.
Pharah: Anubis. Jackal and Raindancer as runnerups.
Reaper: Pumpkin. Nevermore/Plague Doctor and Wight as runnerups.
Reinhardt: Stonehardt. Blackhardt as runnerup.
Roadhog: They're all shit.
Soldier 76: Strike Commander Morrison. Immortal, Golden and Bone as runnerups.
Sombra: Cyberspace. Virus and Noche as runnerups.
Symmetra: Regal. ALL of the recolours in blue/purple tier as runnerups. :p
Torbjorn: Cathode. Tre Kronor as runnerup.
Tracer: Slipstream. All of the recolours in blue/purple tier as runnerups.
Widowmaker: Winter. Patina, Tricolore and Noire as runnerups.
Winston: Horizon. Frogston as runnerup.
Zarya: Champion. Weightlifter, Dawn and Midnight as runnerups.
Zenyatta: Sunyatta. Ra, Ascendant and Harmonious as runnerups.

Hey guys, I just picked up the game last week and have exclusevily played with randoms so far. Would love to play with some people on GAF to play more coordinated.
Looking forward to it.
PSN Name = GAF Name

exYle

Ana: Shrike, followed by her Ghoul/Young skins
Bastion: I like Overgrown, I guess. Not a big fan of his skins
D.Va: Junebug/B.Va
Genji: Nihon/Oni, followed up by Carbon Fibre
Hanzo: Okami
Junkrat: Junkenstein, but I also like his Scarecrow skins
Lucio: Hippityhop for sure
McCree: AmeriCree
Mei: Yeti Hunter
Mercy: Witch is bae (I also like Valkyrie)
Pharah: Probably Mechaqueen, but most of her skins are cool
Reaper: Pumpkin, followed by El Blanco
Reinhardt: Fucking all of them? Though gun to my head, I'd say Balderich
Soldier 76: Commando 76
Sombra: Noche, but I also like Cyberspace
Symmetra: Goddess
Torbjorn: His pirate skins are great
Tracer: The one with the black and green pants. Her Olympic one is good too
Widowmaker: Huntress
Winston: Explorer
Zarya: I dunno dude. None of them?
Zenyatta: Ifrit

Strootman

I think Widowmaker needs a redesign on console like they are doing with symmetra. She's Pretty much unplayable and it's a shame since I like sniping in games.

Ana: Ghoul
Bastion: Tombstone
D.Va: All bad. Taegukuki I guess.
Genji: Oni
Hanzo: Okami
Junkrat: Junkenstein
Lucio: I don't really like any of them. Synthestasia I guess
McCree: On the Range
Mei: Abominable
Mercy: Witch but she has a lot of good ones
Pharah: Mechaqueen, good skins
Reaper: El Blanco, lots of good skins