• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sullichin

I really like how Zenyatta plays, but I cannot stand his character. It drives me so crazy that I hate playing him, even though I enjoy playing him.
Omg :(
What's not to like?
I love his character so much, to the point where I think playing as him actually helped lift me out of depression.

DeSo

Banned
I hate the end of seasons. An influx of toxic comp players in QP telling me I suck and to get on their level. Yay.

mollipen

Yeah but D.va is by far the most creepy, borderline jailbait character in ow.

I mean, there's mollipen but thats about it.

I feel like I'm being insulted but I'm not exactly sure how.

And trust me, it's not just creepy dudes into Mercy. The thirst among the yuri-loving fangirl community is very real (for Mercy and all of the rest of the gals). Go to tumblr/reddit and you'll just how much I'm not alone. ♡^‿^♡

Omg :(
What's not to like?
I love his character so much, to the point where I think playing as him actually helped lift me out of depression.

Especially since moving to Southern California, that kinda-sorta-hippy new-age beach-bum "dude it's all chill man" type is just nails on the chalkboard to me, and he reminds me too much of that. I had to get his Halloween skin because I need that eddddddgggggge.

DeSo

Banned
My experience in QP generally is that nobody speaks or chat really.
Three games in a row I've been hurled abuse by players with gold weapons on my own team. Players like that are why I don't play comp and why I don't want toxic players like that in QP.

DevilDog

And trust me, it's not just creepy dudes into Mercy. The thirst among the yuri-loving fangirl community is very real, for Mercy and all of the rest of the gals. Go to tumblr/reddit and you'll just how much I'm not alone. ♡^‿^♡

No insults, I am just familiar with your work from the fan art thread.

Sullichin

And trust me, it's not just creepy dudes into Mercy. The thirst among the yuri-loving fangirl community is very real (for Mercy and all of the rest of the gals). Go to tumblr/reddit and you'll just how much I'm not alone. ♡^‿^♡

Especially since moving to Southern California, that kinda-sorta-hippy new-age beach-bum "dude it's all chill man" type is just nails on the chalkboard to me, and he reminds me too much of that. I had to get his Halloween skin because I need that eddddddgggggge.

Lol damn. I definitely don't associate what's basically buddhism with any of that. I don't think Zenyatta would ever say "dude"

mollipen

Yuri girls prefer Zarya/Mei in my experience.

Pharmercy is also good because it offers that nice feminine / masculine balance. You can see yourself as the more girly and motherly Mercy *cough* having eyes for the brave, muscular warrior goddess Pharah, or the other way around.

Russian Winter also offers that, but I'm a tiny bit biased against the pairing because I don't want Zarya to turn out to be the gay character—that would be disappointingly stereotypical.

Lol damn. I definitely don't associate what's basically buddhism with any of that. I don't think Zenyatta would ever say "dude"

To be clear, I'm not saying that I make sense! That's just kind of how I see him, and it runs me the wrong way. I think his character as an idea is honestly an interesting one, but it's one I would never have a liking for.

Veelk

Banned
I mainly don't like roadhogs personality. His aesthetic is great, but his personality is a straightforward straight sociopaths, even more than reaper.

But I will say I find his pig noises scary, especially when I'm playing a character vulnerable to him or against a particular good player that keeps landing every hookshot other somehow. He feels like he could be in an 80's slasher flick.

Sullichin

Pharmercy is also good because it offers that nice feminine / masculine balance. You can see yourself as the more girly and motherly Mercy *cough* having eyes for the brave, muscular warrior goddess Pharah, or the other way around.

Russian Winter also offers that, but I'm a tiny bit biased against the pairing because I don't want Zarya to turn out to be the gay character—that would be disappointingly stereotypical.

To be clear, I'm not saying that I make sense! That's just kind of how I see him, and it runs me the wrong way. I think his character as an idea is honestly an interesting one, but it's one I would never have a liking for.
Fair, similarly I "get" d.va's character/ personality but still find her voice lines kinda grating and don't really like playing as her because of it

I'm enjoying thinking about Zenyatta as a beach bum tho, lol

Jacqli

They only need to confirm Pharmercy and this would become my game of all time. Right now it is my GOTY.

And D.Va is now incredible, having a blast playing her.

bought a shitton of games for black friday (came out to under $100 tho no worries)

I'm sure I'll quit half of them before finishing and go back to overwatch

But B.Va goes "Bzzzzzzzz" and that's the best.
wait just one second

when does she do this

I was set on getting Junebug (already have Scavenger but it sucks) but this might make me change
Fair, similarly I "get" d.va's character/ personality but still find her voice lines kinda grating and don't really like playing as her because of it

I'm enjoying thinking about Zenyatta as a beach bum tho, lol

her voice lines are the best in the game bar none

Sullichin

Been a while since I played as D.Va so i'll give her another shot, especially now that she owns more than ever

I remember before OW came out I was turned off by the characters. They didn't seem like they fit in a cohesive universe to me. I feel totally the opposite now and think it's among the best cast of characters/personalities ever assembled in a video game

I dislike all four of D.Va's legendary skins. She needs some good stuff

Agreed. I think a lot of characters have mediocre legendary skins. Blizzard knocked it out of the park with the main designs, but the alts... eh. HOTS kind of has the same problem, lotta lame alt skins (although probably better on average).

pizzacat

Banned
I've only put like four hours into Dishonored 2 - Overwatch drew me back quicker than expected. I've barely played anything single player since I got it. What's happened to me?!?

Silver portrait? That means he's prestiged five times... Isn't that the opposite of a smurf?
Silver rank in comp

Also junker dva has a death quote that goes "CMON HANG IN THERE BABY" like the mechanic she is.

caesar

Banned
I feel like yuri is mostly where the creepy dudes are.

Hnazo X Mccree Yaoi is where the creepy gals are at.

Hanzo handsome as fuck while Gengu has some mangled cyborg body. Feels bad

Ana overall has the best skins, both of her epics could be legendaries and her gun model in general looks great.

Top Bottom