• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

darklin0

Banned
Is there a reason all the D.Va ults are on the ground? I haven't seen them use the boost to throw it in the air and make it harder for Rein to block.

Anne

What a hook

Is there a reason all the D.Va ults are on the ground? I haven't seen them use the boost to throw it in the air and make it harder for Rein to block.

They're mostly being used for zoning, so they just place them in mind for whatever the follow up is supposed to be.

darklin0

Banned
What a hook

They're mostly being used for zoning, so they just place them in mind for whatever the follow up is supposed to be.
I see how that is the best option. I feel like a well placed D.Va ult with height can be way more valuable because all the safe zone Rein creates with his shield can be nullified. I can also so see how it would be a bigger risk so their strategy would be the safest choice with the best results.
I'm going to know every word of this McCree song soon. That's fine.

Bang, Bang, Bang.

Blues1990

Umm okay? Why so defensive?

Just saying. I've spent tonight playing it and it's a crapshoot. Most of the time everyone just plays attack.

I'm at the I don't mind what hero a player picks, as it's better to let them go about than to be "that guy" & ask them to switch. I had games when I ask politely about needing another tank/offence/support/whatever, and they take it as a personal attack and will follow up with self-sabotage.

Besides, most players use the new quickplay to practice for comp. If there are going to be a bunch gunners, then sobbed it.

ramyeon

I'm at the I don't mind what hero a player picks, as it's better to let them go about than to be "that guy" & ask them to switch. I had games when I ask politely about needing another tank/offence/support/whatever, and they take it as a personal attack and will follow up with self-sabotage.

Besides, most players use the new quickplay to practice for comp. If there are going to be a bunch gunners, then sobbed it.
I don't care but at least one healer and tank makes things easier.

Anne

I can't remember the last time I saw Hanamura without a Mei.

This is my first time really watching pro after the patch. Is she obsolete now?

I wouldn't say obsolete, it's just kind of hard to make space for her if you're running trip tank and need more damage.

Nah, rogue recently held hanamura with mei, it's just that no one on KD and and envyus plays mei now with talespin gone.

This too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't remember the last time I saw Hanamura without a Mei.

This is my first time really watching pro after the patch. Is she obsolete now?

Nah, rogue recently held hanamura with mei, it's just that no one on KD and and envyus plays mei now with talespin gone. Taimou and harryhook are more known for hitscan heroes.

darklin0

Banned
I was thinking Taimu should use Winston and he switches. Niiiice.

2nd CP is always a very spread out defense, Winston easily can jump to the far back people and take out the lower HP characters 1v1. KongDoo playing Genji was just icing on the cake.

Antiwhippy

Crazy thing is that mickie only started playing Dva and tank heroes during the world cup because thailand only selected DPS players haha.

Anne

Yeah, I was saying in Discord that KD could easily full hold. KD is favored in this series because of stuff like this. If it comes down to attrition KD will win every fight off Birdring being a lunatic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Overwatch is a game of counters, picking different heroes for every situation

or you can just pick 76 who can now team wipe with his ult, 1vs1, burst damage and sustain damage and shred close range heroes even at close range.

Braag

I hope Blizzard bans another wave of cheaters soon. I swear some of these hanzos and mccrees are cheating. There was just one mccree who basically killed anyone who who got in his sight, our team was hiding behind walls and shit trying not to get seen by him. His reticle wasn't glued to you but he still barely ever missed even from a mile away while jumping around.

ramyeon

or you can just pick 76 who can now team wipe with his ult, 1vs1, burst damage and sustain damage and shred close range heroes even at close range.
I almost feel bad playing as 76 now.

Azoor

Or have Sombra flank 76 and hack him.

Problem solved, I did it myself.

Antiwhippy

The crazy thing about this meta is that the mirror team is entirely composed of characters that counter each other.

So you end up in a situation where everyone waits for roadhog to hook someone because it's the only way to engage really. Or the reinhardt shield breaks and a super scrappy fight breaks out.

Antiwhippy

Must feel pretty bad to be a rein main now though. You get shit on from super high damage soldier and all these DVas and roadhogs, but you have to be there because not running a reinhardt into a roadhog is a bad idea.

I-hate-u

If you noticed in Envy vs KD, D.Va was just always flying in Soldier's face.

I saw that and KD's D.Va couldn't finish him off. It's still a good matchup for her though.

Must feel pretty bad to be a rein main now though. You get shit on from super high damage soldier and all these DVas and roadhogs, but you have to be there because not running a reinhardt into a roadhog is a bad idea.

Good think Sombra is not a part of this meta, yet. Then all hell breaks loose.

Where is Symmetra when you need her?

Ana's new drugged out ult line

what the hell

Only on female characters.

Antiwhippy

Also EnvyUS won by running reaper rather than soldier on attack, so I dunno what to think right now.

I think the meta is still forming. People are just running this lineup now because it's the most obvious one.

Would be interesting to see what the new sym brings to change things up, though running her is still kinda like running a tank lmao.

darklin0

Banned
Good think Sombra is not a part of this meta, yet. Then all hell breaks loose.

Where is Symmetra when you need her?

I don't think she will impact it due to Soldier. Every team is built completely around him at the moment.

Road for picks and laying down pain on Rein shield and tanks
Ana for the burst heal and Nano boost
Lucio for the speed bot
D.Va for blocking Soldier ult and zoning with ult
Reinhardt shield so Soldier wont poop on your team 24/7

Unless you are willing to give up one of the tanks or a support, I don't see Sombra happening.

Also EnvyUS won by running reaper rather than soldier on attack, so I dunno what to think right now.

I think the meta is still forming. People are just running this lineup now because it's the most obvious one.

Would be interesting to see what the new sym brings to change things up, though running her is still kinda like running a tank lmao.
He shreds the tanks so I believe he is a better pick for attack, especially because you push forward and want to be close to the enemy. On defense it is easier to sit at the back and shoot with Soldier without risking death.

Anne

Sombra has this issue going on atm where everything she does isn't enough into the popular teams. It's kind of weird because she has a really strong kit, but like what does she bring into fighting against the major teams right now? Hacking a single person is eh. She can't kill tanks. She can't kill Ana. EMP has to hit Ana plus the tanks or it's not very good.

I wouldn't want her buffed because she still is really scary, she's just not good in a meta where tanks and Ana are going insane.

Also Envy did win with Reaper on their strats, but I will say he had low impact. Reaper in general had pretty low impact, Soldier might have been better. He's definitely usable though!

Top Bottom