• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Greddleok

The freeze buildup kind of just slowly fades away though instead of being a total cleanse like zarya's bubble.

Yeah, but that's normally enough time to get away.

It's splitting hairs in the end. Sombre's hack isn't as powerful as Mei's freeze, and has an interruption and cool down to boot.

I-hate-u

One of the Pros saying D.Va is a must pick in this meta on the Dreamhack stream, indicating that she takes away Zarya's spot. Very interesting.

Baleoce

Wouldn't mind seeing a hero that can use something like the shock rifle from Unreal Tournament.

Also need someone who can use a chainsaw.

One of the Pros saying D.Va is a must pick in this meta on the Dreamhack stream, indicating that she takes away Zarya's spot. Very interesting.

Yeah D.Va seems to be in a really good place atm.

Been playing some quick play for the first time in a long while, mostly with characters I don't play in competitive. It's a bit of a mixed bag, not much coordination going on

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if it's my mousepad needing to be bigger or what but I've never been able to be happy with a sensitivity setting. I'm currently between 2-3 in-game with 1800 DPI and its a massive difference. If I'm at 2 or 2.5 then I can really hit headshots and flick shots exceptionally well. I do great when everything is in front of me but if I'm being flanked, if there's anything going on around me then I feel like it takes me far too long to refocus my attention.

It's basically going forward and doing a ton of damage to the enemies on the point vs flailing aim but better environmental awareness. Not happy with either. It's not like CSGo where I know I can do well mostly trained in a certain headshot range, I have to worry about people from above constantly, dashes, rocket leaps, rocket jets, double jumps

Blues1990

Wouldn't mind seeing a hero that can use something like the shock rifle from Unreal Tournament.

Also need someone who can use a chainsaw.

Wouldn't the gore and stuff from said chainsaw kill will bump up the games rating? However, I think a weapon that functions like anything from the UT arsenal would be pretty sweet.

I-hate-u

The casters bring a good point, I see why Complexity went with Zen instead of Ana now. Their team has very little damage with Sombra and D.Va to an extent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
like seriously i'm not even kidding there has been a widowmaker in every single game i've been in on both teams for the last week+

just because of the charge rate buff? because jesus f uck im sick of her

I stealth to a backline / sideline health pack as Sombra, hack the Health Pack, then make the Health Pack my home with a translocator before going out to cause mischief and hopefully pick off some healers or squishy snipers on the backline. As soon as it begins to head south, I boop back to my hacked healthpack, wait the 6 seconds for the translocator to refresh, then repeat.
I do this too. It's only kinda effective but more importantly it's boring as shit.

The only reason I play her now (qp only of course) is that I'm hoping I get a potg to show off the hacking intro lol

I-hate-u

Oh yeah I forgot, Hanzo still get his ultimate every 2 minutes even after the nerf. Zappis literally got it 2x faster than Zarya's in the match there. Shit's ridicolous.

Anne

Find it funny that Korea is swearing up and down that D.Va is flat required, but at Dreamhack we're seeing a lot of Zarya.

NiP isn't the greatest of teams, but they are the ones that invented the tank + Ana bullshit. I like some of their more liberal hero usage at the moment.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They don't really try to counter her though, which I find weird. I still think zarya+mei is a pretty good counter comp, but that means you have to have 2 characters to counterpick really.

Like ogn apex is just mostly every team mirroring each other. Except for AF blue sometimes.

ramyeon

Matchmaking for 1V1 is non existstant. I was rank 2500 last season but consistently get matched with people 3500+. Just had one guy who was 4500. Such a joke.

I-hate-u

Matchmaking for 1V1 is non existstant. I was rank 2500 last season but consistently get matched with people 3500+. Just had one guy who was 4500. Such a joke.

I didn't know 1v1 matchmaking even take your SR into account.

Edit: Again? Dafuq Blizzard.

Anne

There's no way this isn't some bug related to a Sombra interaction. Similar situation to last crash.

Cab't wait for her to be banned again :v

Top Bottom