• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

New Reaper 12" statue

31236700825_1a09fa2ab1_c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aduomk7XILo

Ok, getting very close to lvl 25.

Got really lucky with a loot box and got 500 credits.

I got the Hippity Hoppity skin for Lucio. Looks so ridiculously fun!

Now a few complaints (in Quick Play/ playing with random people):
- Almost nobody chooses healer
- People that choose Ana dont freaking heal. In fact people only really heal with Mercy.
- I have trouble using tanks like DVa because people wont feaking heal me. Id start the game and lose all my health cause my healer abandoned me.
- So many people play this like its Call of Duty.
- Sending messages like group up or heal me are mostly pointless

Now when I get into a game and see someone with a Healer other than Mercy I have to choose Healer too or choose DPS like Hanzo and keep my distance.

I ended up buying this on PC and boy oh boy, I really am absolutely terrible with the WASD controls.

The lag thing is brutal too. As an example, if I charge with Rein at some point during the animation he will pause for almost a full second. Sometimes at the beginning, sometimes during it or right at the end. Even though my PC seems able to run the game at the highest quality I've tested it on the lowest and still see the stuttering. My speedtest is great and this even happens when wired directly from the modem to my PC.

Does anybody know if any Windows 8.1 settings or (software) firewall settings that can introduce lag like this?

DevilDog

I ended up buying this on PC and boy oh boy, I really am absolutely terrible with the WASD controls.

The lag thing is brutal too. As an example, if I charge with Rein at some point during the animation he will pause for almost a full second. Sometimes at the beginning, sometimes during it or right at the end. Even though my PC seems able to run the game at the highest quality I've tested it on the lowest and still see the stuttering. My speedtest is great and this even happens when wired directly from the modem to my PC.

Does anybody know if any Windows 8.1 settings or (software) firewall settings that can introduce lag like this?

Maybe you should contact Blizzard support.

NeonBlack

did you do a pingtest?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The game needs a lot of things to be an esport that Blizzard just hasn't put in because ???

Because Blizzard isnt that great at esports. People just assume they are because they had a happy accident with Brood Wars' balance.

I-hate-u

What a shame. This match was supposed to be the Hymzi vs Harbleu Roadhog showdown, instead it will be remembered as the day Blizzard decided to delete Mei.

Shouta

Apparently the interaction is with Mei and Lucio? Nobody really knows for certain, but it always happened around Blizzards and Sound Barriers.

Interesting. It must be new? I haven't seen it online when those are around.

How is Dreamhack running their tournament anyway? Is it open or is it just certain teams?

I'm at work, what's happening? It's crashing every time Mei uses Blizzard?

Also how do you guys keep up with seemingly every pro game, tournament, player, team etc.

Anne

Interesting. It must be new? I haven't seen it online when those are around.

How is Dreamhack running their tournament anyway? Is it open or is it just certain teams?

They had a BYOC qualifier at the venue actually. There were 4 invite teams, and the 4 who made it through BYOC got seeded into two groups with the invites.

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, season 2 is over and 3 hasn't started right?

That means there's no competitive for now?

Anyhow, anyone want to play on ps4?

Psn: jorgejjvr

antitrop

Hey guys, season 2 is over and 3 hasn't started right?

That means there's no competitive for now?

Anyhow, anyone want to play on ps4?

Psn: jorgejjvr
You can still play Competitive ruleset by queuing up as normal, but you don't get any XP, SR, or CP for your efforts.

Redmoon

Was playing around with the .ini file for the settings.

Apparently you can set the fps cap to 400 and it accepts it :p

fT8vRQM.png

Anything higher than 400 seems to hard default back to 300.

Top Bottom